6 Tips to Fix iOS 11 Slow on iPhone 6/6 Plus/6s/6s Plus
“After updating my iPhone 6 to iOS 11, it becomes super slow. Apps hang and close. My purchased music would just stop in the middle of a song. How can I speed up iOS 11 on iPhone 6?”
With many new features available on iOS 11, iPhone users cannot wait to update their iPhone to iOS iOS 11.2/11.1/11.0.2/11.0.1. Unfortunately, problems occur to many iPhone 6/6s users. They find their iPhone running slow after update and apps crash. How to speed up iPhone 6/6s/5s/7/8/X performance on iOS 11? Here are 6 tips to fix it.
- 1. Free up Storage on Your iPhone 6
- 2. Update Apps to the Latest Version
- 3. Disable Unimportant Functions
- 4. Reset All Settings
- 5. Update iOS System to the Latest Version
- 6. Backup & Restore iOS
Junk files and insufficient storage can cause the slow-down after updating to iOS 11. You can try to clean up iPhone storage with an easy tool called Tenorshare iCareFone. This professional iOS cleaning tool can quickly scan all the junk files, large files, temporary files and other unnecessary data and let you clean them out with one simple click.
- Download and install Tenorshare iCareFone on your computer and then connect iPhone with a USB cable.
- Once the device is detected, choose Clean & Speedup to enter main interface of this feature. It records your last scan calendar and total space released. Click Quick Scan button to start to scan the connected device.
- It will categorize the files into 5 types, including junk files, temporary files, photos, large files, apps. You can click “Clean” button to maximally free up your iPhone 6.
Another reason that can cause the sluggish performance is incompatibility. Some old apps cannot run properly on the latest iOS 11 system. Simply open App Store and update them to the latest version.
Running iOS 11 on old iPhones like iPhone 5/5s/6s/6 could cause some problem. One troubleshooting solution is to disable unimportant functions like motion, background app refresh etc.
Turn off Background App Refresh: Settings > General > Background App Refresh > Disable it.
Reset all settings may function well for some users when it comes to improving iOS 11 performance on a sluggish iPhone 6/6s. It may reset all your custom settings but won’t erase existing data (that's what the Erase All Content and Settings option is for).
Go Setting > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
Type your password and confirm.
You can improve poor iOS 11 performance by updating your iPhone 6 system to the latest version. Here are 2 ways to update.
- Directly update in your iPhone. Go General>Software Update>Download and Install (Make sure your device is connected to a WLAN network before downloading.)
- Use Tenorshare iCareFone to update.
a. Select "Repair Operating System" from the main interface. Click “fix now”. The software will show you the latest firmware version.
b. Click “Download” to download firmware package on your computer and follow the instructions from the program to finish the update.
One practical and widely used method is to back up your iPhone and restore it. You can choose to back up via iTunes, which can be troublesome. Another ultimate solution is Tenorshare iCareFone, which can selectively back up your files. For the details, please refer to How to Backup and Restore iPhone Data with Tenorshare iCareFone,
iOS 11 sluggish on your iPhone can be so much annoying. I hope the 6 tips provided above can fix the unsatisfying problem and accelerate your iPhone 6 performance. If you get any other problems with iOS 11, you can check iOS Update Problems and Fixes and find answer. Any suggestions or problems unsolved, you are warmly welcomed to leave us a message.