Top 3 Ways to Uninstall An iOS App You Can’t Find on the Home Screen
“I have way too many apps on my phone, so many that I can't find any given app in the folders and pages of the springboard home screen any more. If I can't find it, how do I delete it? I don't want to use iTunes for this if there's any way at all to avoid it.”
The most common way to remove an app from iPhone/iPad is to tap and hold the app icon for seconds until all icons start wiggling. Then click the little x appearing. However, when the screen is full of apps and you have just downloaded another new program, it won’t appear on any of the screens. So if you want to uninstall apps you can’t find on the Home screen, please refer to below 3 tips to get hidden apps off iPhone Xs/Xs Max/XR/X/8/7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6/5, iPad.
Option 1: Remove Installed App Can’t Find on iPhone Directly
Should there is an app you want to uninstall while the app icon is missing from either iPhone Home screen or any folder, you can remove unwanted background app directly from iPhone with Settings.
- 1. Head for Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage, you will see all apps on your device demonstrated in order of memory size.
- 2. Find the hidden apps you no longer need from the list and hit it. There you go, with a choice to offload app from iPhone now.
Option 2: How to Delete Hidden Apps on iPhone Permanently with Tenorshare iCareFone
After you delete an app on your device and you may notice that it gets installed again the next time you sync with iTunes. To prevent offloaded apps from reinstalling again, you can simply use Tenorshare iCareFone, an iTunes alternative tool to remove hidden apps on iPhone permanently.
To do this, get this iOS care utility free installed on your computer. After connecting your device, go to File Manger > App, select one or more apps to be removed. Simple enough.
Option 3: Delete Apps Missing From iPhone with iTunes
iTunes is not merely a media player, it provides iOS users with system management of music, movies, apps and more on their iPhone,iPad at the same time. To remove apps background iPhone, iPad, follow the steps below:
- 1. Open iTunes on your PC/Mac and connect your device with it.
- 2. Click the iPhone/iPad icon from the upper menu bar and choose Apps under Settings section on the left side.
- 3. If you can’t find downloaded app on iPhone, iPad intuitively, you can sort apps by name, kind, and category to locate it. Next to the app icon is the Remove button. Hit it to delete apps from iPhone in iTunes.
That all we’d like to share about how to delete an app on iOS 12/11 and earlier devices even when you can’t find app on iPhone Home screen. If you feel interested in Tenorshare iCareFone, don’t hesitate to give it a shoot.