How to Change Wallpaper on iPhone - iOS Full Series Guide
Wondering how to change wallpaper on iPhone? Our comprehensive iOS full series guide has got you covered! Learn step-by-step how to change home screen on iPhone in 2023 and keep your device looking fresh and new.
- Part 1. How to Change Wallpaper on iPhone - 3 Ways
- Part 2. Change Wallpapers to a Rotating Photo Gallery [Only iOS 16]
- Part 3. Customize iOS 16 Lock Screen [Tips & Tricks]
- Bonus Tip: One-Click to Export All iPhone Photos to Computer
Part 1. How to Change Wallpaper on iPhone - 3 Ways
Way 1. Change Wallpapers on iPhone from Settings [iOS Full Series]
If you're looking for a straightforward way to change the wallpaper on your iPhone, the Settings app is a great place to start. With just a few taps, you can easily switch up your iPhone's background and lockscreen to something new and refreshing.
In this first way of our iOS full series guide, we'll walk you through the steps on how to change lockscreen in iPhone using the Settings app. So, let's dive in and get started!
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Tap on "Wallpaper" or "Wallpaper & Brightness"
- Tap on "Add New Wallpaper"
Select the location of the image you want to use as your wallpaper. You can choose from your camera roll, Apple's pre-loaded wallpapers, or your own downloaded wallpapers.
Once you've selected your desired image, tap add button and you can choose to set it as your wallpaper pair, or only lock screen. Tap on the option you prefer.
That's it! Now you know how to change background on iPhone. Enjoy your newly customized device!
Way 2. Change Wallpaper on iPhone Directly from Photos [iOS Full Series]
Did you know that you can also change the wallpaper on your iPhone directly from the Photos app? This method allows you to quickly set any photo in your camera roll as your new wallpaper, without having to navigate through the Settings app.
So, grab your iPhone and see how to set wallpaper on iPhone from the Photos app.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Find the photo you want to use as your wallpaper and tap on it to open it.
- Tap on the "Share" button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Swipe left on the bottom row of icons until you see the "Use as Wallpaper" option.
Tap on "Use as Wallpaper."
- Use the pinch gesture to adjust the size and position of the image as desired.
- Once you've positioned the image as desired, tap "Set" and choose whether you want to use the image for the home screen, lock screen, or both.
That's how to change home screen wallpaper on iPhone directly from Photos. Whether you want to use a favorite photo or a new picture you just took, this method makes it quick and easy to customize your device.
Way 3. How to Change Wallpaper on iPhone from Lock Screen [iOS 16]
If you're running iOS 16, one of the most exciting features is the ability to customize your lock screen with animated wallpapers and effects.
Additionally, you can create multiple custom lock screens and switch between them as desired.
Here are the steps to customize your lock screen wallpaper and home screen wallpaper in iOS 16:
- Press and hold any blank space on your iPhone's lock screen to open the lock screen picker.
Create a new lock screen by selecting the "+" sign in the bottom-right corner.
- Customize your new lock screen to your liking, choosing from a range of animated wallpapers and effects.
When you're finished, select "Add" (or "Done" if you're editing an existing lock screen).
- A preview of your lock screen and home screen wallpapers will appear.
Select "Customize home screen" to choose a different wallpaper for your home screen.
- Choose from options including "Pair" to keep the same wallpaper as your lock screen, "Color" or "Gradient" to choose a static background, or "Photos" to select another image from your photo library.
- If you select "Color" or "Gradient", you can choose a specific color or gradient by tapping the option a second time to bring up the color picker.
You can also choose to blur your home screen wallpaper by selecting "Blur". Note that this option is only available when using a matching lock screen wallpaper or a custom photo.
Once you've customized your home screen wallpaper to your liking, select "Done" in the top-right corner.
That's it! With just a few simple steps, you can customize both your lock screen wallpaper and home screen wallpaper on iOS 16, taking advantage of the new animated wallpapers and effects.
Related read Set Different Wallpaper on Lockscreen and Home screen.
Part 2. Change Wallpapers to a Rotating Photo Gallery
The rotating feature allows you to display a different photo as your wallpaper at regular intervals, such as every hour or every day. And here is how to set multiple wallpapers on iPhone that will rotate:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on "Wallpaper," then "Choose a New Wallpaper."
- Tap the Photo Shuffle and select the album or category of photos you want to use for your rotating wallpaper.
Tap on the photo you want to use as your first wallpaper.
- Use the pinch gesture to adjust the size and position of the image as desired.
- Tap on "Set," then choose "Set Both" to use the image as your home screen and lock screen wallpaper.
- Next, select how often you want your wallpaper to rotate - options include "Every Hour," "Every Day," or "Never."
If you chose "Every Hour" or "Every Day," select the starting time for your wallpaper rotation.
That's it! Your iPhone will now automatically rotate your wallpaper at the interval you selected.
With a rotating photo gallery as your wallpaper, you can enjoy a fresh and exciting look on your device every day.
Related read iOS 16 Photo Shuffle Not Working.
Part 3. Customize iOS 16 Lock Screen [Tips & Tricks]
If you're using iOS 16, you might be looking for ways to customize your wallpapers beyond just selecting an image. iOS 16 offers a range of customization options that let you take control of your iPhone's look and feel.
Here are just a few of the features you can enjoy:
Time Customization: Choose from a variety of clock faces and styles to display on your lock screen.
- Tints and Styles: Personalize your device's color scheme with a range of custom tints and styles.
Widgets: Add customizable widgets to your lock screen for quick access to your favorite apps and information.
Lock Screens and Focus Mode: Create multiple custom lock screens and background images that automatically switch based on your focus mode.
- Depth Effect: Add a 3D-like depth effect to your wallpapers and lock screens for a more immersive experience.
- Photo Shuffle: Enjoy a constantly changing background with the ability to shuffle through your favorite photos at set intervals.
With these tips and tricks, you can take your iOS 16 lock screen to the next level and create a truly personalized and unique look for your iPhone.
Related read iOS 16 Lock Screen: What's New and How to Customize It.
Bonus Tip: One-Click to Export All iPhone Photos to Computer
If you're someone who loves taking photos with your iPhone, you know how quickly your camera roll can fill up. But what happens when you run out of space? Or worse, what if you lose your phone and all of your precious memories along with it? That's where iCareFone comes in.
Tenorshare iCareFone is a great tool that can help you easily export all of your iPhone photos to your computer with just one click. This is a great way to back up your photos and ensure that you don't lose any important memories.
Some of the main features of iCareFone include:
- Easy and efficient transfer of photos from your iPhone to your computer.
- Ability to transfer photos selectively or in bulk.
- Ability to preview photos before transferring them.
- No data loss during transfer.
- Support for various file formats including photos, music, videos, and more.
- User-friendly interface.
Steps to Export Photos from iPhone to PC/Mac with one click:
First, you'll need to download and install Tenorshare iCareFone on your computer. Launch the program and connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
Once your device is connected, select the "One-click Export Photos to PC" option from the main interface. This will initiate the transfer process and all of the photos on your iPhone will be automatically transferred to your computer.
When the transfer is complete, the destination folder will automatically open. If it doesn't, you can click on "Open Folder" to view your transferred photos. The photos will be organized by their original folders, making it easy for you to find the images you're looking for.
The Bottom Line
Changing the wallpaper on your iPhone is a quick and easy way to customize your device and make it truly your own. Whether you prefer using stock images or your own photos, there are multiple ways on how to change your wallpaper on iPhone, and our guide covers them all. Plus, with iCareFone, you can easily export all of your iPhone photos to your computer for safekeeping and easy access.
Ready to start customizing your iPhone wallpaper and optimizing your device with iCareFone? Download iCareFone today and get started with One-Click Export Photos to PC feature.