Delete Duplicate Songs on iPhone: Working Methods Here
Hi. I have many duplicate songs on my iPhone taking up my internal storage. Can you tell me how to remove duplicate songs from iPhone? Your help will be appreciated!”
Do you have duplicate songs on your iPhone that are taking up a lot of space? Well, you don’t have to worry. Even though the problem sounds hard to fix, it’s actually easy to deal with.
In this post, we’re going to dive deeper into the subject and explore how to delete duplicate songs on iPhone. Without any further ado, let’s get right into it.
- Part 1: Why Should You Care About Deleting Duplicate Tracks?
- Part 2: 3 Ways to Remove Duplicate Songs from iPhone
- Bonus Tip: The Easiest Way to Remove Duplicates Photos/Videos From Your iPhone
Part 1: Why Should You Care About Deleting Duplicate Tracks?
Before we talk about removing duplicate songs on iPhone, you should know why you should care about it in the first place.
And no, storage space isn’t the only drawback of duplicate songs!
- Duplicate songs take up valuable storage space on your iPhone, leaving less space for other important files and apps. By removing duplicates, you can free up space for new music, photos, videos, and other files.
- Duplicate songs can clutter your music library, making it difficult to find the songs you really want to listen to. By removing duplicates, you can organize your music library and easily find the songs you love.
- Having too many duplicate songs on your iPhone can slow down your device and cause it to perform poorly. By deleting duplicates, you can improve your device's performance and make it run smoother.
- When there are duplicate songs on your iPhone, the same track may play again and again — which can make your listening experience a bit boring.
- If you stream music on your iPhone, having duplicate songs can use up more data than necessary. By removing duplicates, you can save data usage and reduce your phone bill.
Part 2: 3 Ways to Remove Duplicate Songs from iPhone
It’s time to talk about the top ways to remove Apple Music duplicate songs iPhone.
1. Delete Songs in the Apple Music App
The most obvious way to delete a song from iPhone is from the Apple Music app itself.
To delete a duplicate song, follow the steps.
- Open the Music app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Navigate to the song that you want to delete.
Swipe left on the duplicate song and tap the "Delete" button that appears.
- If you're asked to confirm the deletion, tap "Delete Song" again.
If you’d like to delete more than one duplicate songs at a time, follow the steps.
- Open the Music app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on "Library" at the bottom of the screen.
- Select "Songs" to view all the songs in your library.
- Tap "Edit" in the top right corner.
Select the songs you want to delete by tapping the circle next to each song.
- Tap the "Delete" of the screen.
And there you go, you’ve successfully deleted iPhone music duplicate songs.
2. Delete Songs from the Files App
If you have your songs as MP3 files in the Files app, here’s how you can delete them.
- Open the Files app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the location where the song is stored. This could be in the iCloud Drive, on your device, or on an external storage device.
- Tap and hold on to the duplicate song you want to delete until a menu appears.
- Tap "Delete" from the menu.
- If you're asked to confirm the deletion, tap "Delete" again.
3. Remove Duplicates Using iTunes
Alternatively, you can also use iTunes to remove duplicate songs on your iPhone.
- Install iTunes on your computer if you haven’t already.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Select your iPhone. Choose "Music".
Choose the File tab from the top left corner, then hit “Library > Show Duplicate Items”.
Control-click a duplicate song you want to delete, then hit “Delete”.
Related read How to Delete All Songs at Once.
Bonus Tip: The Easiest Way to Remove Duplicates Photos/Videos From Your iPhone
Tenorshare iCareFone is a tool you can use to manage all sorts of data on your iPhone, like photos, videos, music, contacts, and more.
And as you might have guessed, it also has a feature to help remove duplicates/similar photos.
Not only can it remove duplicate photos and videos from your phone, but it can also help you move them between your counter and iPhone. And you can use it to delete all your music at once!
There are tons of features for you to explore. However, in this section, we’re specifically going to talk about how to remove photo duplicates.
Here’s how it works.
Download and install Tenorshare iCareFone on your computer. Open iCareFone. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
If you want to know how many similar photos are on your iPhone. Just choose the “Similar Photos Cleaner”.
If you want to clean the duplicate photos, choose the Manage tab. Tap the photos icon on the left side, then select “Duplicates”.
Now, all you need to do is select duplicate files, and delete them from your device by selecting the “Delete” button at the top.
And you can also choose “Music” from the left list. Here you can import/export/delete music as you wish!
Feel free to explore the Manage tab to find and use more features in iCareFone.
The Bottom Line
And this is how to Apple Music remove duplicates from playlist iPhone.
In most cases, it’s just easier to delete the duplicates from the Apple Music app itself. However, if you’re having a hard time finding duplicates from the list, you can use iTunes for the job.