Fixed!Your iPhone Could not be Activated Because the Activation Server Cannot be Reached
If you would like to know why your iphone says "could not activate iphone because of the activation server cannot be reached", you will need to read this article till the end.
- Part 1: Could Not Activate iPad/iPhone Because the Activation Server Cannot be Reached?
- Part 2: 7 Fixes for Your iPhone/iPad Could Not be Activated Because the Activation Server Cannot be Reached
- Part 3: How to Fix iPhone/iPad Unable to Activate and Stuck on iCloud Activation Lock?
Part 1: Could Not Activate iPad/iPhone Because the Activation Server Cannot be Reached?
This is a common issue. It does happen as a result of several factors. The notable ones are :
- The activation Server is temporarily unavailable
- Need for an update
- Activation information could not be obtained
Part 2: 7 Fixes for Your iPhone/iPad Could Not be Activated Because the Activation Server Cannot be Reached
If iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached is caused by any of the factor listed above, you will need to try one of the recommendations below. Perhaps one doesn’t serve your function, you can try another alternative. So, if your iPhone/iPad could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached, here are 7 important solutions you can consider.
Fix 1. Just be Patient and Wait for a While
Since the server isn’t available, you will need to wait for few moment. The server may be restoring itself. So, you won’t need to rush the process.
Fix 2. Check your Wi-Fi / Network
Since Apple’s servers can get slammed , chances are that there will be high volumes of activation traffic.When the server can handle those errors, you will experience the issue. To fix it, kindly check the Apple’s System Status page to see if the activation server is down. If it is, then try again later.
Fix 3. Fore Restart Your iPhone
If the activation server could not be reached, try restarting your iPhone. However, it has to be a force restart. That action will help kill the background processes running on your device. So, if you choose this method to resolve ipad could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached problem, follow the procedure below(iPhone 8 and above) :
- Press the release the volume up button.
- Press the release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the Power button (on the other side) until you see the Apple logo.
Enter your passcode at startup.
If you're using other iPhone, please refer to the picture above and try to force restart your iPhone.
Fix 4. Activate iPhone using iTunes
This is another way to solve the Apple activation server cannot be reached problem. You can activate iPhone using iTunes by simply following the process below :
- Open the iTunes application by clicking "Start," then "All Programs" and clicking on "iTunes" in the software list.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC with the USB cable that came with it. The iPhone activation wizard will start.
If you see the prompt saying "Set up as New" or "Restore from Backup, then your iPhone is activated.
- If you can't activate still, please use recovery mode to restore your iPhone or contact carrier.
Fix 5. Restore Your iPhone
You can also choose this procedure to fix the server error problem. Before you proceed to the restoration part, ensure you have a recent backup to restore from. To get started, follow the steps below :
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups. Then tap a device listed under Backups to see the date and size of its latest backup.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- On the Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup, then sign in with your Apple ID.
- Proceed to “Choose backup,” then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.
Fix 6. Repair Your System with ReiBoot
This is simply the best method to fix the activation server cannot be reached iPad problem. Tenorshare ReiBoot software works greatly in the aspect of repairing iOS/iPadOS/tvOS system problems. It’s great for fixing the Apple logo stuck problem, screen won't turn on, recovery mode loop, and ltos more.
If the could not activate iPad/iPhone activation server cannot be reached persists, kindly perform your operating system recovery by following the procedures below :
Run ReiBoot on your computer and connect iPhone to computer. Immediately a connection is created, click "Repair Operating System".
Then, hit on Click "Fix Now" button to resolve your challenge.
Now, it’s time for you download the lateset firmware for your device. Simply click the "Download" button to start downloading iOS 14 firmware package.
You can start iOS System Recovery and wait for the process to be completed. Once the repair is done, the server issue will be resolved.
Fix 7. Contact Your Carrier
If the problem of iphone activation server could not be reached goes unresolved,don’t hesitate to interact with your network carrier. They should be able to run some checks for you.p
Part 3: How to Fix iPhone/iPad Unable to Activate and Stuck on iCloud Activation Lock?
iCloud Activation Lock is a big issue for many iOS device users. It can restrict you from using some function on your device. You can best solve this challenge by using Tenorshare 4MeKey. It’s widely used by everyone who needs to remove Activation Lock on their device. The software is light and easy to use.
Go to the official website of the software to get it on your device. Then launch and you'll see the main interface below.
Connect your iPhone /iPad to the computer and start to download jailbreaking tool and after that, begin to jailbreak.
Nex, please confirm your device information.
Hit the start Remove button. Wait for a few minutes for the process to be completed.
It’s true that activation error can’t be avoided. However, if you accidentally stuck on Activation Lock, 4MeKey is your best choice, you will be able to overcome the error without the help of any technical expert.