Guide to Backup and Restore iOS data
The Backup&Restore feature of Tenorshare iCareFone is designed to help iPhone, iPad and iPod users to back up their device and restore from backup in case of data loss. This software can be your best choice when iTunes can't recognize your device or you can't backup/restore iTunes backup for other reasons. Moreover, it allows you selectively backing up data from device, which will save much valuable time.
Part 1: How to Backup iDevice without iTunes
- Step 1: Launch Tenorshare iCareFone and then connect your iOS device to computer via a USB cable. Click "Backup & Restore" from the main interface.
- Step 2: Now you are allowed to choose the data type for backing up. You can only select those you need and then click “Backup” to start the process.
- Step 3: The backing up process may take a few minutes. Once it finished, you can preview all the files. Choose those you need and then click “Restore to device” or “Export to PC” to save the backup data either on your iPhone or computer.
Part 2: How to Restore from Backup without iTunes
- Step 1: Connect your iOS device to computer and run the program. Click "Backup & Restore". Press “To view the previous backup files” in the lower left corner to check the backups.
- Step 2: Tenorshare iCareFone will automatically load all the iTunes backups and list them out in this page. Check the backup you need to restore from and click the “Restore” button. After restoring, you device will reboot and contain all the data in the backup that you just restored from.
Note: You can press “View” to figure out which backup is the one needed before restoring. If you don’t need any of the backups, just click the “Delete” icon to delete it.