Top 2 Ways to Change Message/iMessage Background on iPhone without/with Jailbreak
Want to change color of text bubble on iPhone? Wondering how to change iMessage background for iPhone? The iPhone's native operating system does not allow you to change the background of the Messages app. However, with a third-party app or a jailbroken iPhone, you can easily achieve this. This article will show you how to change message/iMessage background on iPhone 7 Plus/7/SE/6s/6/5s/5 either without jailbreak or with jailbreak.
Way 1: Change Text Message/iMessage Background on iPhone without Jailbreaking
Since Apple doesn't offer an application that can change your SMS background for you, you'll need to use a third-party app if you would like to customize the colors of the message bubbles.
- Click on the App Store icon on your iPhone Home screen and choose the search option on the bottom. Enter “color text messages” and click “Search”.
- Here you can found a lot of apps developed to design cool messages with fabulous effects: background, colored texts, cursive fonts, colorful and textured bubbles, etc.
- Select one to install on your iPhone and you can put a background on iPhone message now.
Way 2: Change SMS Background on Jailbroken iPhone with Cydia
One of the reasons that many users jailbreak their iOS device is to customize it. With a jailbroken iPhone, you can download and install the Desktop/Background SMS application from Cydia. This free application allows you to change the background of the Messages on iPhone easily.
- Tap "Cydia" on your iPhone and tap "Search," then type "SMS/Desktop Background." Tap "Install." Tap "Confirm" to allow the app to install.
- Tap "Settings," then "Wallpaper." And elect the wallpaper you want to use.
- Tap the "i" icon found on the upper left side of the photo you've selected. This will change your SMS background to the wallpaper you've selected.
Extra Tips: Recover Lost Messages/iMessages on iPhone
Message has become an important way to keep communication between people for its convenient. However, it is painful when you try to look back some important messages but find they disappeared. In this case, a profession iPhone data recovery tool like Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery can easily recover lost messges, iMessages on iPhone without backup.
- Run UltData and connect your iPhone with that computer. After the program detects your device, tick the file type you want to recover. To recover messages, tick “Messages & Attachments” and click “Start Scan” to scan your device.
- After scanning, all your existing and lost messages are list here. Check those you want to get back and click “Recover” to recover them either to your iPhone or to computer.
We hope the solutions outlined here can help you change message/iMessage background on iPhone 7 Plus/7/SE/6s/6/5s/5 easily. If you have any problems, please leave a message at the comment area.