Best Ways to Lock and Hide Photos on iPhone and iPad
On iPhone, iPad Photos app, there are always some personal photos or videos that we do not want others to see, whether it is embarrassing selfies, sensitive receipt, or personal paperwork. Setting up a screen lock passcode cannot prevent others flipping through you Camera Roll when you only want to show them a picture. For iOS 10 users, you can hide your photos without app, whereas, your photos are not really hidden in that way. In this article I recommend you an iOS app – Tenorshare iCareFone Pro, which allows you to move personal photos to this app and set a password to stop others accessing them.
About Tenorshare iCareFone Pro
- All-in-one iOS ad blocker and privacy protector.
- Import private pictures/videos from Photos or Albums, and then lock them with a password or encrypt them with your fingerprint.
- 1-click to block in-app ads and Safari ads on iPhone, iPad.
- Block Bad & Adult Websites
- Support iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s (Plus)/6 (Plus)/5s/5c/5 and iOS 10.3/10.2/10.0/9/8/7 devices.
How to Password Lock Your Photos and Videos on iPhone & iPad Using Tenorshare iCareFone Pro
Get Tenorshare iCareFone Pro on iTunes Store or Scan the QR code here.
- Step 1. Open this private photo vault on your iOS device after installation. Choose Album Encryption in Tools tab.
- Step 2. Click Import option and you’ll be able to select photos or videos from Camera Roll for encryption. Click Import button on the right bottom to add.
- Step 3. The selected photos will be added to Tenorshare iCareFone app. You are prompted whether deleting these photos from Camera Roll. It is suggested to delete them from both iPhone Camera Roll and Recently Deleted album in order to protect them against snoopers.
That is it. Your photos are locked and cannot be seen by others without your authorization. What if you want to unlock all or some of these hidden photos? It is super easy. Just tick photos you want to decrypt and tap the unlock icon. Your photos are transferred to original album as they were.
Tenorshare iCareFone is by far the best app to hide private photos and videos on iDevice. If you prefer not using app, it is also quite simple to hide photos as long as your iPhone&iPad running iOS 8 or newer.
How to Hide/Unhide Photos in iOS 10/9/8 on iPhone or iPad without App
- Step 1. Open Photos app on iOS device and go to Camera Roll or Albums.
- Step 2. Tap on the picture you wish to hide, or click Select option to select multiple photos.
- Step 3. Tap on the Share button at the bottom on the left corner.
- Step 4. In the share options, click Hide.
You can access your hidden photos in a new album “Hidden” in Photos. So we do not think your photos are really hidden on your iPhone. iCarFone is recommended if you place extreme importance on your photos protection and private privacy.