How to Delete Photos from iCloud and iPhone at the Same Time? Here are Useful Tips!
by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2021-10-11 / Update for iPhone Tips
HELLO THERE! Is there an easy way to delete photos from iPhone and iCloud at the same time? I have some pictures both on my iPhone and iCloud and I want to delect them from both compartments for freeing up enough space safely. Is it possible that I delete pictures from one side and they automatically get deleted on the other side too? If yes, then please help me before I run out of free space. Thanks in advance."
There are some ways that can help you delete photos on both iPhone and iCloud. Follow this blog to learn more about the deletion.
- Part 1: Can I Delete Photos from iCloud and iPhone at the Same Time?
- Part 2: How to Delete Photos from iCloud and iPhone at the Same Time?
- Useful Tips: How to Recover Missing Photos from iPhone without iCloud?
Part 1: Can I Delete Photos from iCloud and iPhone at the Same Time?
People are still using the traditional ways in their iPhones when it comes to photo sharing and managing. They either use their Apple devices or the Photo Stream to share their photos. This procedure created many sync issues because you would have to delete pictures from two different sides manually. It was time-consuming, and that is why iCloud photos were used.
iCloud Photo Library was much better because it made photo and video sync super easy across all Apple Devices. A little investment in iCloud would help you efficiently manage photos and keep redundancy.
Part 2: How to Delete Photos from iCloud and iPhone at the Same Time?
Here is how you can delete photos from iCloud and iPhone at the same time using your iPhone. There are two procedures mentioned below about iCloud photos deletion, and you can pick any of them.
For Single Photo:
If you want to delete a singular photo from iPhone and iCloud, then follow this procedure.
- Step 1: Ensure that your device and iCloud are synced before deleting. You can then access the Photos App to do your job.
- Step 2: Launch the Photos app and find the picture that you wish to delete. Tap on that image and wait till a pop-up menu appears.
- Step 3: From the pop-up menu, select the Delete option. Tapping on delete will delete the picture from the Photos app, and you wouldn't find it on your iCloud anymore.
- Step 4: The zip file of your photos will be downloaded into your PC gallery. You can go there and unzip those files and save them wherever you like.
For Multiple Photos:
iCloud allows you to delete multiple photos at once too. Like the single photo delete option, the multiple photo delete option is there to accommodate the user by deleting iCloud and iPhone photos at once.
- Step 1: Open the Photos App and go towards the pictures that you wish to delete.
- Step 2: When you reach towards the photos, tap on the "Select" option at the top-right. Then tick each image that you wish to get rid of.
- Step 3: When you are done selecting the target photos, navigate the trash icon at the bottom-right and click it. The images will get deleted from both sides at once. As soon as you delete these pictures from your iPhone, your iCloud will do the same. You can go and check your iCloud website to confirm.
FAQs about iCloud
Q1. How can I use my iCloud to sync my iPhone photos?
- Step 1: Open your iPhone and go to Settings. In settings, search for iCloud and tap on it.
- Step 2: Select Photos, then switch on the iCloud Photos option and activate the iCloud Photo Library if it is turned off. Also, enable the iPhone storage optimization so your full-resolution photos can be uploaded to the iCloud and optimized ones stay in the device to save some space.
- Step 3: After the sync is activated, please wait for it to sync your photos to iCloud completely. You can go to iCloud's website, log into your iCloud account and see if all your photos have been synced to the iCloud.
Q2. Do photos stay on iCloud if deleted from the iPhone?
If the iCloud is synced with the iPhone, then the photos will not stay on the iCloud, but if they are not synced, you will find them as they are on your iCloud.
Q3. How do I permanently delete photos from iCloud?
You have to first sync iCloud Photos to your iPhone and then delete photos from your iCloud so your iCloud photos from all synced devices will be permanently deleted too.
Q4. Does deleting photos from iCloud delete them from all devices?
Yes, if you delete photos from your iCloud, it will wipe them out from all the synced devices.
Extra Tip: How to Recover Missing Photos from iPhone without iCloud?
If you accidentally deleted a photo from your iCloud that you were not supposed to do, then you can use Tenorshare UltData to get the picture back. This software is used by millions of users and doesn't disappoint at all. You can easily run it on your devices. Here's how it works:
Launch UltData on your PC and click on "Recover Data from iOS Devices."
Connect your iPhone to UltData through your PC and trust the device.
UltData will detect your iPhone and display a comprehensive list of options. Tick, the one with Photos, tap on Scan to proceed to scan.
You can preview, enlarge, and choose the photos you want back.
Once you select the photos you want back, click on "Recover to PC," and then the pictures you lost will be back.
This is how you save time and delete photos from iCloud and iPhone at the same time. If you accidentally send one picture to the trash, then use UltData to get it back.