Top 3 Ways on How to Turn off Find My iPhone/iPad
If you are an iPhone/iPad user then it is pretty much sure that you should know about Find My iPhone feature. This feature is one of the best feature in iDevice that helps the users keep their device safe and unauthorized access can't happen. But there are so many users who manage to turn-on the feature but don't know how to turn off Find My iPhone. Today, I will be showing you how do you turn off Find My iPhone using different methods. Go through all the methods and choose the right method for yourself as all the methods works perfectly fine.
- What is Find My iPhone
- Why need to Turn off Find My iPhone
- Way 1: How to Turn off Find My iPhone using iCloud
- Way 2: How to Turn off Find My iPhone on Your iPhone/iPad (iOS 12 supported)
- Way 3: How to Disable "Find my iPhone"
- Bonus Tip: How to Recover Deleted Data without iCloud/iTunes Backup
What is Find My iPhone?
Apple's Find My iPhone is a tool used to help you track down your iPhone/iPad/iPod no matter what happens to it. Whether you've lost it at a corner of your bedroom or it's been stolen right out of your hands, the Find My iPhone can be very useful.
Why need to Turn off Find My iPhone?
Sometimes, you may need to disable Find My iPhone because:
- You iPhone battery dies so fast when this app tracks where your device is.
- Find my iPhone disables you to restore your iPhone when you really want do that because you forgot the passcode.
- You need to delete data on your iPhone and gave it to your friend and relative but Find My iPhone prevents you from wiping.
Way 1: How to Turn off Find My iPhone using iCloud
If you don't wish to keep "Find My iPhone" feature turned-on on your device then you can easily turn it off. All you need to know is the Apple ID and password that is associated with the device and then follow the given process accordingly. You will be able to turn off Find My iPhone within few minutes. Make sure to have an internet connection on your computer.
Steps on how to turn off Find my iPhone from Computer by iCloud
- 1. First type www.iCloud.com on the URL bar of any web browser.
- 2. Next enter the same Apple ID and Password that has been used in the iPhone.
- 3. Then select "All Devices" option that you can see on the top of the screen and also select the iPhone which you want to turn off "Find My iPhone" feature.
- 4. You will be thrown to new windows screen where you will see the selected device with few features beneath it.
- 5. Now click on "Name of the iPhone" which you can see on the top of the screen. This time the drop down will came with "X" just beside the device name. Simply, click on "X' icon.
- 6. After that you will see a confirmation messages on the screen. Click on "Remove" option.
- 7.You have successfully turned off Find My iPhone from your device.
Way 2: How to Turn off Find My iPhone on Your iPhone/iPad (iOS 12 supported)
If you have the physical access on the iPhone then you can turn off Find My iPhone in few minutes. This method also requires the Apple ID and Password that is linked to the iPhone whose Find My iPhone feature you are going to turn off.
Steps to turn off Find My iPad/iPhone on devices
- 1. First go to Settings of your iPhone/iPad.
- 2. Next tap on your name (which you can see on the top of the screen) and click on iCloud option from the list.
- 3. Then scroll down the screen until you don't see Find My iPhone.
- 4. Now toggle off Find My iPhone and enter the Apple ID as well as password.
- 5. Finally click on "Turn Off" option.
Way 3: How to Disable "Find my iPhone"
If you no longer remember the password of the Apple ID that is linked to your device then this method will definitely help you. There are many users who ask, how to disable Find My iPhone without facing any problem. All you need to do is strictly follow the steps given below and do not miss any steps for the working of the process. Make sure to have enough battery on your iPhone.
Steps on how to turn off Find My iPhone without password
- 1. First unlock your iPhone >> Go to Settings and tap on iCloud.
- 2. Scroll all the way down and tap on Sign Out. Few popup box will appear for the confirmation. Follow the onscreen process unless you don't see a popup box asking for Apple ID password.
- 3. Tap on Cancel and go back all the way to General option of the settings menu.
- 4. Scroll down and click on Reset option >> Click on Reset All Settings.
- 5. Enter passcode and confirm your request. Wait for sometimes until the device turns on.
- 6. Now if you go to settings >> iCloud, there you can see Find My iPhone is turned off which means you have disabled the feature.
Bonus Tip: How to Recover Deleted Data without iCloud/iTunes Backup
Most of the user don't focus on recovering the data once it has been deleted but if you have the important data that you want to get back then it is better to use Tenorshare UltData. This tool can recover all the deleted file that you have deleted accidently or due to some reason. You can directly recover from device, iCloud and iTunes backup. It is compatible with iOS 12 also.
Steps on how to recover deleted Data from iCloud/iTunes Backup
Step 1 Connect your iPhone to PC/Mac using USB synchronizer >> launch UltData on your PC/Mac.
Step 2 Normally the device is detected by the software instantly but if it doesn't detect the device then open/unlock your device and then tap on "Trust" option that you can see on the screen. Then on the top of the software interface, you can see four option, choose "Recover from iOS Devices". After the file type is showed, choose the ones that you want to recover from the given list of option, then click on "Start Scan".
Step 3 You will be able to see all the deleted as well as existing file on the screen once the scanning process is completed. Select the needed file and see the preview, in case you want to confirm. Next, click on "Recover" button and choose the destination to save it. You can choose between computer and your device.
I hope you have learned how to turn off Find My iPhone using different methods. All the methods are easy to use and they work perfectly fine, just use the one that is convenient for you. Now you don't need to ask anyone how do I turn off Find My iPhone. Also remember to use Tenorshare UltData if you want to recover the deleted items. Comment below, if you have any query.