How to Turn Off Find My iPhone App on Device or on Computer Remotely
- What is Find My iPhone
- Why need to Turn off Find My iPhone
- How to Turn off Find My iPhone on your Device
- How to Turn Off Find my iPhone Remotely from Computer
What is Find My iPhone?
Apple's Find My iPhone is a tool used to help you track down your iPhone/iPad/iPod no matter what happens to it. Whether you've lost it at a corner of your bedroom or it's been stolen right out of your hands, the Find My iPhone can be very useful.
Why need to Turn off Find My iPhone?
Sometimes, you may need to disable Find My iPhone because:
- You iPhone battery dies so fast when this app tracks where your device is.
- Find my iPhone disables you to restore your iPhone when you really want do that because you forgot the passcode.
- You need to delete data on your iPhone and gave it to your friend and relative but Find My iPhone prevents you from wiping.
There are two trial versions of iPhone Data Recovery. One is for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista, the other is for Mac. Download for free and install it, then follow our step-by-step guide below.
How to Turn off Find My iPhone on your Device?
Remove a device from Find My iPhone by turning off Find My iPhone on device is super easy.
For iOS 12/11 users:
Step 1: Open Settings App on your iPhone 8/iPhone X in iOS 11.
Step 2: Tap on [your name] and click iCloud.
Step 3: Scroll down to choose to Find My iPhone.
Step 4: Toggle off Find My iPhone, enter our Apple ID password and click Turn Off.
For iOS 10/9/8.1/8 users:
For iOS 7.1/7 users:
- Step 1: Open your "Settings" app.
- Step 2: Scroll down to "Privacy" option.
- Step 3: Select "Location Services".
- Step 4: Tap "Find My iPhone".
- Step 5: Press the green switch to disable the service.
How to Turn Off Find my iPhone Remotely from Computer?
If you no longer have the iOS device because you gave it away or sold it, you need to remotely erase it from computer before you can remove it.
- Step 1. From a desktop computer, go to www.icloud.com/#find and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Step 2. Click "Find my iPhone" if you are not already on that page. Once there, select "All Devices".
- Step 3. Select the iPhone that you are planning to turn off Find My iPhone. Click "Remove From Account".
- Step 4. Tap "Remove" to delete the iPhone from Find my iPhone in iCloud.
Even though this article refers to it as Find My iPhone, the same feature is available on both the iPad and iPod touch.