How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password (Video Tutorial)
There are many reasons that you may want to factory reset your iPhone. I am going to list some of the scenarios here:
- You want to erase all personal data in iPhone before giving away or selling it.
- You forgot the iPhone passcode.
- iPhone is disabled or locked.
- Get a second-hand iPhone with passcode.
- iPhone is suffering severe damage and needs a factory restore.
Having known the reason for resetting an iPhone, we can now proceed on how to factory reset iPhone 11/Xs/Xs Max/XR/X/8/7/6s/6/5s/5 without password.
- Way 1. One-Click to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode
- Way 2. How to Reset iPhone without Password through iTunes
- Way 3. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password from iCloud
- Way 4. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode Via Tenorshare ReiBoot
- Tip. How to Factory Reset iPhone from Settings
Way 1. One-Click to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode
How to factory reset a locked iPhone without passcode? If you forgot your iPhone passcode or iPhone is disabled after entering wrong passcode for too many times, you can use an iPhone passcode unlocker tool – Tenorshare 4uKey to bypass iPhone passcode and factory reset iPhone without iTunes. It will do iPhone factory reset without passcode in simple steps.
Connect your locked/disabled iPhone to computer and open 4uKey. Click Start button on the main interface.
4uKey will instruct you to download the latest firmware package.
With the downloaded firmware package, this iPhone passcode unlocker will start removing passcode from your iPhone/iPad. After password remove, your iPhone will be restarted and you will be greeted by the classic "Hello" screen.
A Video Guide on How to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode
You may also be interested in:
- How to Restore Locked iPhone without Passcode
- How to Reset Locked iPad without iTunes
- How to Factory Reset Locked iPhone
Have learnt how to factory reset iPhone without passcode or iTunes, some users may also have the need to factory reset iPhone with iTunes or iCloud. We will also introduce them , but I think the above method is the best way to factory reset iPhone without password.
Way 2. How to Reset iPhone without Password through iTunes
How to Factory reset iPhone 7 without password? You can also factory reset iPhone through iTunes but it requires that you have synced your iPhone with iTunes before. Please back up your iPhone beforehand because all data will be wiped out after factory reset.
- Connect iPhone to computer and open iTunes.
In Summery tab, click "Restore iPhone" option and then "Restore" in the popup confirmation window.
- Wait for the process to complete and you can access to iPhone without passcode. After restore, you can click Restore Backup in iTunes to restore iPhone from latest backup file.
Way 3. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password through iCloud
You can also remotely erase iPhone without password. Please note that the password means iPhone screen lock password instead of iCloud password. This method requires that you have enabled Find My iPhone in your device and also remember the Apple ID password. If not, please skip to the other methods in this post.
- Go to icloud.com in your computer browser and log in with your Apple ID and password.
Click Find My iPhone and hit "All Devices" at the top of your browser window. The iPhone that you need to reset should be listed. Click on it and tap on 'Erase iPhone' option. This will erase iPhone passcode and all data.
Forgot your Apple ID password? Well, Tenorshare 4MeKey can help you, you can still reset iPhone without Apple ID password.
- Disable Find My iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without password;
- 100% working to sign out of iCloud without password quickly.;
- Most efficiently remove Apple ID from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without knowing the previous owner;
- Support iOS devices from iPhone 6S to iPhone X (iOS 12.0-iOS 14.4)
Way 4. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode Via Tenorshare ReiBoot
If you remember iPhone screen lock passcode but forget Apple ID password, you can also try to download Tenorshare ReiBoot, which built in a function to factory Reset iPhone.
Tip. How to Factory Reset iPhone from Settings
The three methods we mentioned above will help you factory reset iPhone without password. What if you remember both screen lock password and Apple ID password, how to reset iPhone to factory settings from iPhone settings? The steps are as follow:
Navigate to iPhone Settings app > General > Reset, tap on Erase All Contents and Settings.
After resetting your iPhone, you can restore from iCloud backup if you have an iCloud backup.
Here in the article we introduce 5 different ways on how to factory reset an iPhone without password. Tenorshare 4uKey is top recommended for iPhone factory reset without password, and we also introduced how to factory reset iPhone with iTunes or iCloud. You can also try factory reset iPad without passcode or iTunes.