How to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode (iPhone 11 included)
There are many reasons that you may want to factory reset your iPhone 11/Xs/Xs Max/XR/X/8/7/6s/6/5s. I am going to list some of the scenarios here:
- You want to erase all personal data in iPhone before giving away or selling it.
- You forgot the iPhone passcode.
- iPhone is disabled or locked.
- Get a second-hand iPhone with passcode.
- iPhone is suffering severe damage and needs a factory restore.
Having known the reason for resetting an iPhone, we can now proceed on how to factory reset an iPhone without password.
- Way 1. How to Factory Reset iPhone without iTunes via Settings
- Way 2. Factory Reset Disabled/Locked iPhone without Passcode and iTunes
- Way 3. How to Factory Reset Locked iPhone with iCloud
- Way 4. Factory Reset iPhone with Tenorshare ReiBoot
- Extra Tip: Factory Reset Locked iPhone with iTunes
Way 1. How to Factory Reset iPhone without iTunes via Settings
Some users want to factory reset iPhone by deleting all personal data and erase all contents, but they don't want to do this in iTunes as iTunes is a very complex tool in restoring iPhone.
Way 2. Factory Reset Disabled/Locked iPhone without Passcode and iTunes
If you forgot your iPhone passcode or iPhone is disabled after entering wrong passcode for too many times, you can use an iPhone passcode unlocker tool – Tenorshare 4uKey to bypass iPhone passcode and factory reset iPhone without iTunes. It will unlock iPhone without passcode in simple steps.
A Video Guide on How to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode
You may also be interested in:
- How to Restore Locked iPhone without Passcode
- How to Reset Locked iPad without iTunes
- How to Factory Reset Locked iPhone
Have learnt how to factory reset iPhone without passcode and iTunes, some users may also have the need to factory reset iPhone with iTunes or iCloud. We will also introduce them , but I think the above method is the best way to factory reset iPhone.
Way 3. How to Factory Reset Locked iPhone with iCloud
This way of resetting iPhone to factory settings without passcode requires that you have enabled Find My iPhone in your device. If not, please skip to the other methods in this post.
- Go to icloud.com in your computer browser and log in with your Apple ID and password.
Way 4: Factory Reset iPhone with Tenorshare ReiBoot
If the above methods cannot factory reset your locked iPhone, I think the following method can solve the issue well. I recommend the Deep Repair Mode of Tenorshare ReiBoot to factory reset locked/disabled iPhone and improve your device's performance. As a professional iOS system repair tool, ReiBoot can fix 50+ types of iPhone problems.
Extra Tip: Factory Reset Locked iPhone with iTunes
The precondition to take advantage of this method is that you have synced your iPhone with iTunes. Please back up your iPhone beforehand because all data will be wiped out after factory reset.
- Connect iPhone to computer and open iTunes.
- Wait for the process to complete and you can access to iPhone without passcode. After restore, you can click Restore Backup in iTunes to restore iPhone from latest backup file.
Here in the article we introduce 4 different ways to factory reset iPhone . Tenorshare 4uKey is top recommended to reset without iPhone passcode, and we also introduced how to factory reset iPhone with iTunes or iCloud.