How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password (Video Tutorial)
There are many reasons that you may factory reset your iPhone. I am going to list some of the scenarios here:
- You want to erase all iPhone data before giving it away or selling it.
- You forgot the iPhone passcode.
- iPhone is unavailable, disabled or locked.
- Get a second-hand iPhone with passcode.
For whatever reasons, we can now proceed on how to factory reset iPhone without password. The ways introduced below apply to all iPhone models.
- Way 1. One-Click to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode
- Way 2. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password through iTunes
- Way 3. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password from iCloud
- Tip. How to Factory Reset iPhone with Password
A Video Guide on How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password
Way 1. One-Click to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode
How to factory reset iPhone when locked without passcode? If you forgot your iPhone passcode or iPhone is unavailable/disabled after entering wrong passcodes for too many times, you can use an iPhone passcode unlocker tool – Tenorshare 4uKey to bypass iPhone passcode and factory reset iPhone without iTunes.
Connect your locked/disabled iPhone to computer and open 4uKey. Click Start button on the main interface.
Click Next to proceed. 4uKey will instruct you to download the latest firmware package.
With the downloaded firmware package, click Start to Remove, and it will start removing passcode from your iPhone/iPad.
After that, your iPhone will be restarted and you will be greeted by the classic "Hello" screen.
You may also be interested in:
Way 2. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password through iTunes
How to factory reset iPhone 11 without password? For all iPhones, you can also factory reset through iTunes. But it requires that you have synced your iPhone with iTunes before. And you can back up your iPhone beforehand.
- Connect iPhone to computer and open iTunes.
In Summery/General tab, click "Restore iPhone" option and then "Restore" in the popup confirmation window.
- Wait for the process to complete and you can then access to iPhone without passcode.
- While setting up, you can click Restore Backup in iTunes to restore iPhone from latest backup file.
If iTunes do not recognize your locked iPhone, put iPhone into recovery mode first, then click on Restore to finish. That is how to factory reset iPhone without password for free.
Way 3. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password from iCloud
You can also factory reset iPhone without password by erasing iPhone. Please note that the password here means iPhone screen lock password instead of iCloud password. And it requires that you have enabled Find My iPhone on your locked device and also remember the Apple ID password.
- Go to icloud.com in browser on your computer or other devices and log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click Find iPhone and hit "All Devices" at the top menu bar. The iPhone that you need to reset should be listed.
Click on it and tap on 'Erase iPhone' option. This will erase iPhone passcode and all data.
New: With Apple ID and password, you can directly erase iPhones with iOS 15.2 and later on iPhone Unavailable or Security Lockout screen now.
iPhone is locked, and forget your Apple ID password? Well, Tenorshare 4MeKey can help you.
Tip. How to Factory Reset iPhone with Password
The three methods we mentioned above will help you factory reset iPhone without passcode. What if you remember both the screen lock password, how to reset iPhone to factory settings from iPhone Settings? The steps are as follow:
Navigate to iPhone Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone, tap on Erase All Contents and Settings.
After resetting your iPhone, you can restore data from backup if you have an iCloud or iTunes backup.
Here in the article we answer how to factory reset iPhone without password. Tenorshare 4uKey is top recommended for iPhone factory reset without password, and we also introduce how to factory reset iPhone with iTunes or iCloud. Choose the best way to solve your problem.