2024 How to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode
There are many scenarios where you need to factory reset your iPhone. For example, you want to erase all iPhone data before giving it away or selling it; You forgot the passcode and iPhone is unavailable after wrong passcodes attempts many times; You get a second-hand iPhone with passcode.
For whatever reasons, we can easily figure out how to factory reset iPhone without password here. The ways introduced below apply to all iPhone and iPad models.
- Way 1. One Click to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode
- Way 2. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode or Computer
- Way 3. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password via iTunes (2 Options)
- Way 4. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password from iCloud
- Video Guide: How to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode 2023
- How to Factory Reset iPhone with Password in Settings
Way 1. One Click to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode
The most common situation when you need to factory reset your iPhone is that you forget the passcode and enter wrong passcode to get your iPhone disabled. Instead of keeping locked out, use Tenorshare 4uKey here to factory reset your iPhone without iTunes or iCloud and bypass iPhone passcode.
- 4uKey iPhone passcode unlocker removes every type of screen locks on all iPhones and iPads.
- 4uKey can factory reset iPhone without passcode or Apple ID.
- 4uKey helps remove Apple ID without password when you can not sign out.
- 4uKey can also remove Screen Time passcode and bypass MDM lock.
Now let's see how to use 4uKey to factory reset iPhone when locked without passcode.
Connect your locked/disabled iPhone to computer and open 4uKey. Click Start button on the main interface.
Next, 4uKey will instruct you to download the latest firmware package. Click on the Download button.
With the downloaded firmware package, start removing the screen lock, and it will get your iPhone factory reset.
After removal, your iPhone restarts and you will be greeted by the classic "Hello" screen.
You may also be interested in:
Way 2. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode or Computer
Apple understands how annoying it is when users forget the passcode and has tried to simplify the factory reset process. With Apple ID and password, you can directly erase iPhone with iOS 15.2 and later on iPhone Unavailable or Security Lockout screen now. No iTunes or computer are needed.
- Enter wrong passcodes several times to get iPhone locked and tap on the Erase iPhone/Forgot Passcode option at the right bottom of lock screen.
Confirm this erasing process. Then enter your Apple ID password to start.
For people who do not see the Erase iPhone option, you may not sign in Apple ID account on your iPhone or network is not connected. In these cases, go back to the first method to reset your unavailable iPhone.
Way 3. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password via iTunes (2 Options)
When it comes to resetting iOS devices, Apple recommends iTunes. So you can also factory reset iPhone without passcode through iTunes (Finder on Mac). But it requires that you have synced your iPhone with iTunes before. Otherwise, you have to take additional steps to enter iPhone into recovery mode.
- Connect iPhone to computer and open iTunes/Finder.
In Summery/General tab, click "Restore iPhone" option and then "Restore" in the popup confirmation window.
- Wait for the process to complete and you can then access iPhone without passcode.
If iTunes does not recognize your locked iPhone, put iPhone into recovery mode first, then click on Restore from the pop up to finish. That is how to factory reset iPhone without password for free.
Way 4. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password from iCloud
The last method to factory reset iPhone without password is to erase iPhone in iCloud. The password here means iPhone screen lock passcode instead of iCloud password. Because it requires that you have enabled Find My iPhone and also remember the Apple ID password.
- Go to icloud.com in browser on your computer or another mobile and log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click Find iPhone and hit "All Devices" at the top menu bar. The iPhone that you need to reset should be listed.
Click on it and tap on 'Erase iPhone' option. This will erase iPhone passcode and reset all data.
Video Guide: How to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode 2023
How to Factory Reset iPhone with Password in Settings
The four methods we mentioned above will help you factory reset iPhone without passcode. If you remember the screen passcode or Apple ID password, to reset iPhone to factory settings from Settings, things get much easier.
- Navigate to iPhone Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone, tap on Erase All Contents and Settings.
Tap on Continue, and enter your passcode to finish the process.
After resetting your iPhone, you can restore data from backup if you have an iCloud or iTunes backup.
Factory Reset iPhone Summary
Here in the article we answer how to factory reset iPhone without passcode in 5 ways. No matter you use iTunes, iCloud or Tenorshare 4uKey, which is top recommended for iPhone factory reset, choose the best way to solve your problem and unlock your iPhone.