How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password (Video Tutorial)
by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2022-12-30 / Update for iPhone Tips
There are many reasons that you need to factory reset your iPhone. I am going to list some of the scenarios here:
- You want to erase all iPhone data before giving it away or selling it.
- You forgot the iPhone passcode and your iPhone is locked.
- iPhone is unavailable/disabled after you enter wrong passcodes many times.
- You get a second-hand iPhone with passcode.
For whatever reasons, we can now proceed on how to factory reset iPhone without password. The ways introduced below apply to all iPhone and iPad models.
- Way 1. One-Click to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode
- Way 2. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password or Computer
- Way 3. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password through iTunes
- Way 4. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password from iCloud
- Tip. How to Factory Reset iPhone with Password
A Video Guide on How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password
Way 1. One-Click to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode
How to factory reset iPhone when locked without passcode? If you forgot your iPhone passcode or iPhone is unavailable/disabled after entering wrong passcodes for too many times, iPhone passcode unlocker tool – Tenorshare 4uKey is here to bypass iPhone passcode and factory reset iPhone without iTunes.
Connect your locked/disabled iPhone to computer and open 4uKey. Click Start button on the main interface.
Click Next to proceed. 4uKey will instruct you to download the latest firmware package.
With the downloaded firmware package, click Start Remove, and it will start removing passcode from your iPhone/iPad.
After removal, your iPhone will be restarted and you will be greeted by the classic "Hello" screen.
You may also be interested in:
Way 2. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password or Computer
Apple understands how annoying it is when users forget the passcode and try to simplify the factory resetting process. With Apple ID and password, you can directly erase iPhone with iOS 15.2 and later on iPhone Unavailable or Security Lockout screen now. No iTunes or computer are needed.
- Tap on the Erase iPhone option at the right bottom of lock screen. If there is no Erase option, enter wrong passcode to get iPhone locked longer.
Tap Erase iPhone again to confirm this erasing process. Then enter your Apple ID password to start.
For people who do not see the Erase iPhone option, you may not sign in Apple ID account on your iPhone or network is not connected. In these cases, go back to the first method to reset your iPhone.
Way 3. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password through iTunes
When it comes to resetting iOS devices, Apple recommends iTunes. For all iPhones, you can factory reset through iTunes. But it requires that you have synced your iPhone with iTunes before. And you can back up your iPhone beforehand.
- Connect iPhone to computer and open iTunes.
In Summery/General tab, click "Restore iPhone" option and then "Restore" in the popup confirmation window.
- Wait for the process to complete and you can then access iPhone without passcode.
- While setting up, you can select Restore from Mac or PC to restore iPhone from latest backup file.
If iTunes does not recognize your locked iPhone, put iPhone into recovery mode first, then click on Restore from the pop up to finish. That is how to factory reset iPhone without password for free.
Way 4. How to Factory Reset iPhone without Password from iCloud
You can also factory reset iPhone without password by erasing iPhone in iCloud. Please note that the password here means iPhone screen lock passwcode instead of iCloud password. Because it requires that you have enabled Find My iPhone on your locked device and also remember the Apple ID password.
- Go to icloud.com in browser on your computer or other devices and log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click Find iPhone and hit "All Devices" at the top menu bar. The iPhone that you need to reset should be listed.
Click on it and tap on 'Erase iPhone' option. This will erase iPhone passcode and all data.
Tip. How to Factory Reset iPhone with Password
The four methods we mentioned above will help you factory reset iPhone without passcode. If you remember the screen passcode or Apple ID password, how to reset iPhone to factory settings from Settings? Things get much easier here. Follow the steps below:
- Navigate to iPhone Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone, tap on Erase All Contents and Settings.
Tap on Continue, and enter your passcode to finish the process.
After resetting your iPhone, you can restore data from backup if you have an iCloud or iTunes backup.
Factory Reset iPhone Summary
Here in the article we answer how to factory reset iPhone without password. Tenorshare 4uKey is top recommended for iPhone factory reset without password, and we also introduce how to factory reset iPhone with iTunes or iCloud. Choose the best way to solve your problem.