Top 5 Ways to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode or iTunes
There are many reasons that you may want to factory reset your iPhone X/8/7/6s/6/5s/5/4s. I am going to list some of the scenarios here:
- 1. You want to erase all personal data in iPhone before giving away or selling it.
- 2. You forgot the iPhone passcode.
- 3. iPhone is disabled or locked.
- 4. Get a second-hand iPhone with passcode.
- 5. iPhone is suffering severe damage and needs a factory restore.
Having known the reason for resetting an iPhone, we can now proceed on how to factory reset an iPhone without password.
Way 1. Factory Reset Locked iPhone with iTunes
The precondition to take advantage of this method is that you have synced your iPhone with iTunes. Please back up your iPhone beforehand because all data will be wiped out after factory reset.
Step 1. Connect iPhone to computer and open iTunes.
Step 2. In Summery tab, click “Restore iPhone” option and then “Restore” in the popup confirmation window.
Wait for the process to complete and you can access to iPhone without passcode. After restore, you can click Restore Backup in iTunes to restore iPhone from latest backup file.
Way 2. How to Factory Reset Locked iPhone with iCloud
This way of resetting iPhone to factory settings without passcode requires that you have enabled Find My iPhone in your device. If not, please skip to the other methods in this post.
- 1. Go to icloud.com in your computer browser and log in with your Apple ID and password.
- 2. Click Find My iPhone and hit “All Devices” at the top of your browser window. The iPhone that you need to reset should be listed. Click on it and tap on Erase iPhone option. This will erase iPhone passcode and all data.
Way 3. How to Factory Reset iPhone without iTunes
Some users want to factory reset iPhone by deleting all personal data, but they don’t want to do this in iTunes as iTunes will update software after restore.
Navigate to iPhone Settings app > General > Reset, tap on Erase All Contents and Settings.
After resetting your iPhone, you can restore from iCloud backup if you have an iCloud backup.
Way 4. Factory Reset Disabled/Locked iPhone without Passcode Using iPhone Passcode Unlocker
If you forgot your iPhone passcode or iPhone is disabled after entering wrong passcode for too many times, you can use an iPhone passcode unlocker tool – 4uKey to bypass iPhone passcode without iTunes. It will unlock iPhone without passcode in simple steps.
Connect your locked/disabled iPhone to computer and open 4uKey. Click Start button on the main interface.
4uKey will instruct you to download the latest firmware package.
With the downloaded firmware package, this iPhone passcode unlocker will start removing passcode from your iPhone/iPad. After password remove, your iPhone will be restarted and you will be greeted by the classic “Hello” screen.
Way 5. Factory Reset iPhone Using ReiBoot
Tenorshare ReiBoot allows you to factory reset iPhone to fix serious system bugs after you trying restoring in iTunes with no good.
- 1. Launch ReiBoot and connect your iPhone to computer. From the top menu of ReiBoot, you will find “Factory Reset iPhone” option.
- 2. Click Fix Now and you’ll guide to the firmware download interface.
ReiBoot will download and install the new firmware to your iPhone. After system recovery, your iPhone will be reset to factory settings. All data will be erased.
Here in the article we introduce 5 different ways to factory reset iPhone without passcode. 4uKey is top recommended to bypass iPhone passcode, and ReiBoot is helpful for iPhone system repair.