Force restoring iPhone to factory settings is not a strange thing for most of users, which is a good way to troubleshoot iOS issues and perform a systematic cleanup. After you factory reset your device as new one, all the personal settings and data will be erased permanently, like apps, photos, videos and more. In this post, we will introduce top 2 ways on how to force restore an iPhone X or iPhone 8/7/7Plus/6s/6 Plus/6/5 and more.
If your iOS device performs well and runs fast, there is no much need to restore iPhone to factory settings. Only when your device is abnormal, you are good to go this way, otherwise you will lost all your data. Here we concluded some possible situations:
Forget the password or iPhone is locked after entering a wrong password too many times
You want to sell or give away your iPhone
When we are talking about factory restore iPhone, iTunes will definitely be the first choice to force restore iOS firmware. Before start, please make sure the iTunes on your PC/Mac is up to date to avoid unnecessary iTunes errors. Also, you need to disable the Find My iPhone feature.
1. Run iTunes and connect your iPhone with it. Click the device icon when detected.
2. Click Summary and choose Restore iPhone from the right panel. A message will pop up asking “Are you sure you want to restore the iPhone…” Click Restore to move on.
Tip: You are recommended to make a backup before restoring iPhone in case of something goes wrong.
3. You iPhone will reboot with Apple logo and loading bar. After that, go ahead and set up your device.
However, there are some shortcomings in this way thus you cannot factory reset iPhone with iTunes:
If you are in such kind of situation, luckily you can find a better solution in way 2.
Instead of using iTunes, you can take Tenorshare ReiBoot into consideration, especially when you have forgotten the password. With easy operations, you can get your device back to factory defaults. Here we will show you how to factory reset iPhone without password and Trust confirmation.
1. Install Tenorshare ReiBoot on your PC/Mac and connect your iPhone with it. Click the menu icon on the right corner and find Factory Reset iPhone option.
2. Navigate to download iOS firmware package according to the instructions. Click Browse to find a location to save the IPSW files.
3. When downloading finishes, click Start Repair to replace the firmware on your device and wipe out all contents.
That’s all about how to restore iPhone to factory settings without passcode or anything else. If you find this article helpful, please kindly share with your families and friends.