Top 2 Ways to Force Restore iPhone to Factory Settings with/without iTunes
Force restoring iPhone to factory settings is not a strange thing for most of users, which is a good way to troubleshoot iOS issues and perform a systematic cleanup. After you factory reset your device as new one, all the personal settings and data will be erased permanently, like apps, photos, videos and more. In this post, we will introduce top 2 ways on how to force restore an iPhone X or iPhone 8/7/7Plus/6s/6 Plus/6/5 and more.
- When Will You Need to Restore iPhone by Force?
- Way 1: Restore iPhone to Factory Default with iTunes
- Shortcomings of iTunes Factory Reset
- Way 2: How to Force Restore iPhone without iTunes and Password
When Will You Need to Restore iPhone by Force?
If your iOS device performs well and runs fast, there is no much need to restore iPhone to factory settings. Only when your device is abnormal, you are good to go this way, otherwise you will lost all your data. Here we concluded some possible situations:
- Your iPhone is bricked or stuck in Apple logo, iTunes logo, DFU mode, blue screen, etc
- Forget the password or iPhone is locked after entering a wrong password too many times
- Restore iPhone to after jailbreak error
- Clean up iPhone data and tune up performance
- iOS firmware is corrupted or crashed during iOS update, application installation or more
- You want to sell or give away your iPhone
- iPhone is virus-affected and cannot boot normally
Way 1: Restore iPhone to Factory Default with iTunes
When we are talking about factory restore iPhone, iTunes will definitely be the first choice to force restore iOS firmware. Before start, please make sure the iTunes on your PC/Mac is up to date to avoid unnecessary iTunes errors. Also, you need to disable the Find My iPhone feature.
1. Run iTunes and connect your iPhone with it. Click the device icon when detected.
2. Click Summary and choose Restore iPhone from the right panel. A message will pop up asking "Are you sure you want to restore the iPhone…" Click Restore to move on.
Tip: You are recommended to make a backup before restoring iPhone in case of something goes wrong.
3. You iPhone will reboot with Apple logo and loading bar. After that, go ahead and set up your device.
Shortcomings of iTunes Factory Reset
However, there are some shortcomings in this way thus you cannot factory reset iPhone with iTunes:
- As Find My iPhone must be closed on your device before restoring, iTunes is not available if your iDevice is frozen or bricked and you cannot access the system settings.
- Same for the situation when you are lock out of iPhone for forgetting or losing password. iTunes will ask you to enter the passcode otherwise it refuses to connect.
- iTunes is fairly cumbersome and user-unfriendly. You may face with computer system crashes and unknown iTunes errors during the process.
If you are in such kind of situation, luckily you can find a better solution in way 2.
Way 2: How to Force Restore iPhone without iTunes and Password
Instead of using iTunes, you can take Tenorshare 4uKey into consideration, especially when you have forgotten the password. With easy operations, you can get your device back to factory defaults. Here we will show you how to factory reset iPhone without password and Trust confirmation.
1. Launch Tenorshare 4uKey and connect your device.
2. Download Firmware Package
3. Start to factory reset iPhone by removing the passcode.
That's all about how to restore iPhone to factory settings without passcode or anything else. If you find this article helpful, please kindly share with your families and friends.