How to Block My Phone from Being Tracked with 7 Ways
Location technology has always been an inherent feature of smart phones. On one hand it helps mobile users to get many services, but also enables other people (companies and individuals) to track location and retrieve important information about your whereabouts. Many users have approached us to give guidelines on how to block my phone from being tracked.
No matter what smart phone you use, you will able to block your phone from tracking you after thoroughly reading this article. Let’s find out!
- Part 1: Why Do You Need to Block Your Phone from Being Tracked
- Part 2: [Easy 4 Ways] How Do I Block My Phone from Being Tracked
- Part 3: How to Block My Phone from Being Tracked by Changing Location
Part 1: Why Do You Need to Block Your Phone from Being Tracked
Location feature allows companies to do ‘target advertising’ flooding you with unnecessary ads. Also, it compromises your privacy – and security – as many people can know your pinpoint location.
So, you need to block your smartphone from tracking your location.
Part 2: [Easy 4 Ways] How Do I Block My Phone from Being Tracked
Let us discuss 4 easy ways to block your phone from tracking you.
Way 1: How to Block Your Phone from Being Tracked via Turn off Location Service
If you are wondering how to block your phone from being tracked, the first thing you should do is to disable location services on your smartphone.
To block location on iPhone
Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > and turn it off.
To block location on Android
- Go to Settings > Security and Location > Google Location Settings.
- Here, switch off the toggler.
- If you have more than one account, then do it of every one of them.
Way 2: Turn on Airplay Mode
Turning Airplane mode on limits cellular activities, Wi-Fi, and location services on your mobile phone. You can turn on airplane mode on both iPhone and Android devices by.
Go to Settings > Airplane Mode and turn it On.
Way 3: How to Prevent My Phone from Being Tracked through Turn off Bluetooth on iPhone
You should also turn off Bluetooth services on your smartphone to prevent it from tracking you.
- Go to the Settings on your iPhone.
- Locate to Bluetooth and turn off the toggler.
Way 4: Block My Phone from Being Tracked by Stop Accessing Contacts
Well, nobody ever reads the terms of conditions of any app and many apps have authority to access your contacts as part of the agreement. You have to control the permissions granted to such third-party apps.
To control permissions on iPhone
- Go to the Settings > Privacy > Contacts and check which apps are allowed to access your contacts.
- Slide the toggler to turn off the permissions.
Control permissions on Android
- Go to the Settings > Apps and Notifications > Apps Permissions.
- Now, check which apps can access your contacts and turn off the permissions for apps you have doubts about.
Way 5: Try to Use a Faraday Bag to Block Your Phone from Being Tracked
Buying a Faraday bag – or call phone pouch – is probably the best method of blocking your cell phone from getting tracked.
This pouch prevents all the radio waves from entering the mobile phone – and blocking others to track your location. So, you should keep your mobile device in a faraday bag.
But remember, a Faraday bag also blocks all cellular signals so you can’t receive any call during the time.
Part 3: How to Block My Phone from Being Tracked by Changing Location
Along with these 6 methods, you can also prevent your phone from tracking you by changing or faking your location to a new virtual location.
Way 1: Change Phone Location to Block My Phone from Being Tracked - iAnyGo
Tenorshare iAnyGo is rightly considered as the most credible third-party tool to change your location on iPhone in just a few clicks. It allows you to spoof your location to avoid getting tracked.
You can save favorite locations on this software, easily plan a route beforehand by choosing multiple locations on the map, and simulate GPS movement.
Download Tenorshare iAnyGo on your computer and launch it. Click on Enter as the default mode is already Change Location.
Now, connect your iPhone to the computer via a cable.
Now, the program will show a map. Search for the fake location in the Search Box you want to go to and hit on Start to Modify.
Way 2: How to Stop My Phone from being Tracked by Using VPN
You can use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to block your smartphone from being tracked. A VPN masks your original location by blocking cookies and hiding IP address, and provides a secure connection to another network. Among a plethora of VPNs available for iOS users, Nord VPN is the most common VPN for both iOS and Android users.
- From the App Store, install Nord VPN.
- Tap on the app and provide enter your username and password if you’re already a member. Else, create a new account.
- Now, connect to the VPN. It will display a map showing its servers. Tap on any location and click on Connect.
- And the VPN will provide a connection to that location.
Location services is important feature of your smartphone but it is advisable to turn it off. If you don’t know how to block your phone from being tracked, then implement the above-mentioned ways one by one.
Moreover, the best way to prevent your iPhone being tracked is to change your location using Tenorshare iAnyGo. This tool is intuitive, easy to use, and reliable for changing location.