Best 6 Ways to Fix iPhone 15 Won't Turn on [2023 New Guide]
After a long wait, speculations, and rumors about the iPhone 15, it’s finally here - launched. While many iPhone 15 users love the essence of the new device, many have reported that they’re facing problems with the iPhone 15 won't turn on. The issue is more likely to be from a software side, as reports have been circulating about a bug in the iPhone 15 series. In this guide, we’ll explain the reasons “why my iPhone 15 won't turn on”, and solutions to fix iPhone 15 (Pro/Pro Max) won’t turn on issue.
- Part 1: Why Won't My iPhone 15 Turn On
- Part 2: [Top 6 Ways] Fix iPhone 15 Won't Turn Safely
- Way 1: Verify Battery Level and Charging Cable
- Way 2: Clean Charging Port and Remove Debris
- Way 3: [100% Guaranteed] Put iPhone 15 in Recovery Mode for Free
- Way 4: Charge Using Different Methods
- Way 5: Force Restart iPhone 15
- Way 6: Restore Using DFU Mode (Data Loss)
- Last Resort: Fix iPhone 15 Still Won't Turn on Even with Hard Reset
Part 1: Why Won't My iPhone 15 Turn On?
Your iPhone 15 Pro Max won't turn on due to numerous reasons. The most common is a software bug, which can prevent the device from booting as intended. It can be fixed with simple troubleshooting methods.
Besides, you can face the “iPhone 15 pro max won't turn on” problem if your iPhone’s battery is dead. It usually happens when you bring the battery percentage to its lowest figure, like 1%. In this scenario, the iPhone might not turn on immediately and must be charged for 30 minutes.
Moreover, physical damage to the device's internals or screen can be the reason for this issue. Check for the physical wear and tear on the device if you’ve dropped it on a rough surface or submerged it underwater. If this is the case, then you need to take your device to the technician for device inspection — to check hardware parts.
Part 2: [Top 6 Ways] Fix iPhone 15 Won't Turn Safely
We’ve outlined the top 6 ways to fix the iPhone 15 wont turn the issue safely. Go through them one by one, as they’re in descending order — from simple to advanced.
Way 1: Verify Battery Level and Charging Cable
As mentioned earlier, the iPhone 15 won’t turn on, and problems can occur due to the low/dead battery. That’s why Apple recommends not using your iPhone at 20% battery and not charging it more than 80%.
Try charging the device for 30 minutes before turning it on. Leave it for 30 minutes on a charge, and then try to turn it on. Make sure to use the Apple-certified cable, as it won’t give enough power to the battery and can damage it.
Way 2: Clean Charging Port and Remove Debris
If your iPhone 15 is dead, it should turn on after charging it for a few minutes. The iPhone screen should glow, showing a battery charging screen when you plug in the charger. If it’s not working, you need to fix the charging issue.
First, try clearing up the charging port of the iPhone due to debris and dust inside the port can interfere with the charging. It can be done with a simple cotton bud; put it inside the port and gently clean it up.
Moreover, make sure you’re using an Apple-certified cable and a charging brick. Connect the cable properly from both ends, and it should start charging your device if there isn’t any other issue.
Way 3: [100% Guaranteed] Put iPhone 15 in Recovery Mode for Free
If your iPhone 15 isn’t still unresponsive and won't turn on, putting it in the Recovery Mode is an effective way to fix the problem. Sometimes, a bug or an error in the device OS can interfere with the boot process. Recovery Mode is a troubleshooting method to fix such problems.
Tenorshare ReiBoot is an intelligent tool that can automatively putting your iPhone into Recovery Mode with a one-click process. It’s computer-based software designed to help iOS users fix 150+ issues with a one-click process - without seeking any professional help.
Here’s how to put your iPhone 15 into the Recovery Mode using Tenorshare ReiBoot, then fix the iPhone 15 won't turn on issue.
Download the Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer, and plug in the iPhone 15 to the computer using the cable. Once the software detects your iPhone 15, click the Enter Recovery Mode option on the Tenorshare ReiBoot main screen.
It’ll take a few seconds or a minute to complete, and your iPhone 15 will enter Recovery mode. You can verify it from the device screen, showing an iTunes screen.
Way 4: Charge Using Different Methods
You can try several charging methods if you’re experiencing the “iPhone 15 not turning on even plugged in” issue. It’ll help you determine the root cause of the issue.
- The simplest way is to change the charging brick and plug it into a different wall outlet. Allow the device battery to juice up, and see if it turns on.
- If the issue persists, you can try charging it using the computer’s port to determine whether the device is dead due to a low battery or any other hardware problem.
- If the device gives any signs of life while charging from a computer’s port, the issue lies with the charging brick you’re using. In this situation, you’ll need to get another charging adapter. Consider going for an Apple MFI-certified charging cable for best results.
- If you don't have access to a computer or don’t have another charging adapter, you can try using a wireless charger. If there’s any issue with the charging port of your iPhone 15, a wireless charger should charge the battery.
- It’s worth noting that wireless charging isn’t the best one in the iPhone, so it’ll be slower than the wired one. Give it an hour to charge, then check back if the device turns on.
Way 5: Force Restart iPhone 15
When your iPhone 15’s battery is charged but still doesn’t boot up, it can be a problem on the software side of the device. A bug or a glitch can interfere with the device's operations, making it unable to boot up properly.
In this case, force restarting can help fix the issue. It’s similar to the simple restart, which forcibly boots the device when your iPhone 15 won’t turn on. It’s worth noting that it won’t cause any data loss. Here’s how to force restart the iPhone 15 when it won’t turn on.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button, and repeat it with the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Power/side button until the device turns off and turns on, showing an Apple logo on the screen.
Way 6: Restore Using DFU Mode (Data Loss)
When the Recovery Mode doesn’t resolve the problem on your iPhone 15, generally, the next step is to try the DFU restore mode as a last resort. DFU mode fixes the device issue by reloading its software (operating system). You can consider it a Recovery Mode, but with deeper operations that help resolve the critical issues on the device.
Putting your iPhone DFU mode and restoring it can be tricky, as a specialist usually does. However, you can also do it at home without seeking any professional help. Just follow the steps correctly, and you’ll be there. Here’s the step-by-step guide to putting your iPhone 15 in DFU mode when it wont turn on.
Launch the iTunes or Finder if you’re using MacOS, and connect your iPhone 15 to the computer using the cable. Make sure the Finder or iTunes detects it. Now follow the steps below:
- Press and release the Volume Up button. Press and release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds. The screen should go black as you hold the power button for 10 seconds.
- Release the Power button after 10 seconds, and press and hold the Volume Down button for the next seconds. If the screen remains black, it has entered the DFU mode.
Now, move to the computer, which should show a message stating it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Select the Restore iPhone option, and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
Once the process is complete, you can exit the DFU mode on your iPhone 15 by force restarting it.
Last Resort: Fix iPhone 15 Still Won't Turn on Even with Hard Reset
If the hard resetting and restoring it in the DFU mode didn’t fix the problem, you might consider repairing it with the Tenorshare ReiBoot. Besides putting your iPhone 15 into recovery mode, you can use this tool to resolve iOS-related issues on your iPhone 15 and other models.
It’s designed to resolve iOS-related issues smartly with a one-click process. So, you only need to connect your iPhone to the computer, run the program, and hit the button to repair the device. The best thing about this is it won’t cause any data loss on the device. This is good news if you’ve not tried restoring your iPhone 15 in DFU or Recovery Mode.
Steps to fix the iPhone won’t turn on using Tenorshare ReiBoot:
Launch the Tenorshare ReiBoot on the computer, and connect your iPhone using the lightning cable. Make sure the software detects your device. On the Tenorshare Reiboot, click the Start button to present you with two options. Select the Standard Repair option, as it won’t cause any data loss.
Next, you’ll need to download the firmware package for the iPhone 15. Hit on the download button to initiate it.
Once the downloading process is completed, you can run the repair process by clicking Start Standard Repair.
The process will take a few minutes to complete, give it time to complete, and meanwhile, don’t run any other programs on the computer.
In this guide, we shared all the possible ways to fix the “iPhone 15 pro won‘t turn on” from simplest to advanced. If you don’t want to go through the long list of all the troubleshooting methods, opt for the Tenorshare ReiBoot and run a standard repair process to resolve the issue.