How to Delete Apps on iOS 16/15/14/11 to Save Space
For many iPhone users who have a 16 GB or 32 GB device, may frequently get a “Storage Almost Full” message. But now, if you have updated to the newest version, you may notice a feature that is able to offload unused apps on iOS 16/15/14/11 devices to free up space. When your iPhone storage is low, the icon of the little-used apps will become grey and can be reinstalled with a tap. Keep reading to discover the detailed setup of this feature.
- Way 1: How to Uninstall Apps on iOS 16/15/14/11 Manually
- Way 2: How to Auto Offload Unused Apps on iOS 16/15/14/11
- More Info: How to Free Up Storage on iPhone without Deleting Apps
Offloading apps is different from deleting apps, as all the data will be kept. Go to Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage.
Choose a specific app and click “Offload App”, confirm the operation to finish the process. You can also delete the app if you want.
On your home screen, just tap on the icon simply and it will be download to your device again.
When you have upgraded iPhone to iOS 16/15/14/11, go to Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage. You can see how much space is used in your iOS device. Tap on “Enable” next to “Offload Unused Apps” to turn on this feature.
To disable this feature, go to Settings -> iTunes & App Store. Scroll down the screen and tap off the option in “Offload Unused Apps”.
If you think it’s too troublesome to offload apps and then download them again, you can free up iPhone storage without offloading app by using Tenorshare iCareFone Cleaner. This easy tool is designed to scan iPhone completely and list out all the junk files, temp files and large files to clean. Moreover, you can also use this program to uninstall apps and compress photos to save more space if necessary.
- Download and install Tenorshare iCareFone Cleaner on PC or Mac, run the program and connect IPhone to computer. Click “Start” to scan your device.
- The scanning process will end in seconds; all the junk files will be list out in categories. Simply click the “Clean” under junk and temp files to clean then out. You can also open details on the other 3 items to compress photos, delete large files and apps.
This article tells you how to offload unused apps on iOS 14/13 on iPhone X/10/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6s Plus and an easy tool to free up iPhone memory space. If you have any further questions about this post, don’t hesitate to contact us by commenting below.