Can Jailbreak Remove MDM Lock? Here's The Answer
My school managed and supervised my device for school. after school they gave the management and supervision password but it was incorrect and now i can not contact with my school"
When Mobile Device Management (MDM) software is installed on a device, its essence is to limit the apps you can install or use, manage traffic use, etc. For an array of reasons, you may want to remove this configuration. In most cases, the solution requires jailbreaking your device. But is this necessary? Let’s see how you can remove MDM on your iPhone or iPad with or without jailbreak.
Question: Does Jailbreak Remove MDM?
Yes. Basically, a jailbreak is often used by lots of individuals to get unrestricted access to their iPhone or iPad. As the name suggests, jailbreak means you get figuratively break your iDevice out of the jail it has been placed by the manufacturer. As a result of this, you get some sort of freedom to do anything you want to the device. Therefore, by jailbreaking your iPad or iPhone, you can remove the MDM configuration successfully.
The Steps to Remove MDM by Jailbreaking iPhone/iPad
If you want to jailbreak your iPad or iPhone and remove MDM, you will need SSH, checkra1 software, and a computer.
Once you have these items, you should follow the steps highlighted below:
- Get started by downloading and installing Checkra1n on your computer.
- Once downloaded, you should see the Checkra1n software on the home screen of your device. If you cannot find the app on your home screen, you have to look for it.
- Expose the port of your iPhone or iPad with iProxy. This allows you to SSH into it.
- Afterward, make sure you SSH into it.
- Continue the process by running `cd ../../`. With this, you will get into the root directory of the device.
- Next step is running `cd /private/var/containers/Shared/SystemGroup/`. This particular process ensures that you enter the folder where you have the MDM files.
- Complete the process by running `rm -rf systemgroup.com.apple.configurationprofiles/`. Once you have done this, all MDM profiles on your iPad or iPhone would have been successfully deleted.
- Now, reboot your iPad or iPhone. It is expected that the device will return you to the Welcome screen.
- When the update is complete, go back to Remote Management and install a profile. This new profile doesn’t have any restrictions; hence, you can enjoy using your device without any MDM configurations.
Without a doubt, jailbreaking your iPad or iPhone is the most common method you can use to remove MDM profiles. However, is this method good for you? No, it isn’t. This is because jailbreaking puts your device at risk of bricking, which is a sort of software problem that requires costly hardware replacement before the device can be recovered.
Besides, jailbreaking your iPad or iPhone makes it highly susceptible to all kinds of malware, viruses, and other malicious content hackers often use. In addition to all these factors, jailbreaking makes you lose the official warranty on your device.
Is There A Better Way to Remove MDM without Jailbreak
Considering the numerous demerits of jailbreaking your iPhone or iPad, you will agree that it may not be worth it. But does this mean you have to be stuck with MDM profiles on your iDevice? No, you don’t have to because you can use Tenorshare 4uKey for the removal of MDM lock from your iPad or iPhone.
- Bypass MDM login screen on any iPad or iPhone without jailbreak
- Unlock iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch without passcode
- Remove Apple ID in few seconds
Here are the steps to using this tool with a video tutorial.
Foremost, you need to download Tenorshare 4uKey on your computer. The next step is to launch the tool and choose the “Bypass MDM” mode.
Using a USB cable, you need to connect your iDevice to your computer.
To bypass your iPhone or iPad with MDM configurations, you should select the “Start to Bypass” option and proceed to the next step.
Wait for a few minutes and your iPhone or iPad will be bypassed automatically by Tenorshare 4uKey.
When the process is 100% complete, you have removed the MDM on the device successfully.
Now, you can start using your iDevice again without any MDM restrictions.
Before bypassing the MDM lock screen, you must make sure your iDevice is on the MDM lock screen.
As described above, you can use jailbreak to get rid of MDM restriction on your iPhone or iPad. However, there are so many risks involved in jailbreaking; hence, it may not be worthwhile in the long run. Instead of taking an unnecessary risk, use Tenorshare 4uKey. This reliable and top-quality tool does not require you to jailbreak your iPad or iPhone and can be used by anybody. So, it is the recommended tool for removing all MDM profiles on any iOS device.