2 Ways to Put iPhone 7/7 Plus into Recovery Mode
The new (red) iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus replaced the traditional home button with built-in tap-tic engine Home Button making it different then we enter recovery mode on the previous iPhones since there is no longer a mechanical button you can press. Thus, how to enter recovery mode on an iPhone 7/7 Plus?.
There will come a point where we need to restore our iPhone using recovery mode.
- Try to restore your iPhone but iTunes cannot recognize your iPhone.
- iPhone or iPad refuses to restore or update no matter what you do.
- Failed to update the OS or restore the device from backup, and iTunes no longer sees your device when you connect it.
- iPhone gets stuck in Apple logo or continuous restart loop during iOS update.
Below we list 2 methods on how to put your iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus into recovery mode for your reference.
Way 1: Manually put iPhone7/7 Plus into recovery mode
- Plug in your iPhone to iTunes via the lightning cable it comes with.
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Volume Down button until the screen turns off. Continue holding the Sleep/Wake button + Volume Down button, even after you see the Apple logo appear.
- Release the Sleep/Wake + Volume Down button once you see the Connect to iTunes message appear on the iPhone 7's screen.
Way 2: One click to enter recovery mode on iPhone 7/7 Plus with Free Tenorshare ReiBoot
An easier way to enter recovery mode on any iOS device including iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone X/8/6s/6/5s/5/4s, iPad/iPod touch is using Free Tenorshare ReiBoot, which provides you an one button operation. To get started, free download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer.
- Run Tenorshare ReiBoot and connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable. Tap "Trust" if you see Trust the Computer dialog appears on your device.
- As Tenorshare ReiBoot detects your device, Click on the "Enter Recovery Mode" button. In less than 1 minute, will see your device display the classic USB to iTunes logo (Recovery Mode).
We have shown 2 efficient ways for you to enter recovery mode on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. Compared to the manually way, Tenorshare ReiBoot is more stable and easier to operate.