Top 5 Ways to Fix iMessage Not Working on iPhone 7/7 Plus/6
From time to time many iOS users find Message/iMessage doesn’t work on iPhone, especially the new iPhone X/8/7/7 Plus. The reasons behind are many and varied, such as newest iOS 11.3/11.2/11/10.3.2 update, carrier not supporting, internet connection lost, etc.
Common issues with iMessage include: not able to send or receive messages, no iMessage effects, iMessage won’t activate, iPhone 7/6 iMessage games not working or others. When encountering with these, you won’t be too worried after reading this post. Here we provide you with 5 effective ways to fix iMessage not working on iPhone X/8/7/7 Plus/6s/6 and under iOS devices.
Tip 1: Turn Off iMessage and Back On Again
When being prompted with iPhone 7 iMessage waiting for activation, you can use a simple trick to restart iMessage service.
- 1. Head to Settings > Messages > iMessage. Turn iMessage off on your iPhone 7/6/5 if it’s ON already.
- 2. Switch to On and wait for a while. Send an iMessage to an iPhone/iPad/Mac user under active network to test whether iMessage can work normally now.
- 3. If iMessage still not working, you might need to sign out Apple ID in iMessage. Go to Send & Receive below and log out your account, then try to sign in again.
Tip 2: Check iMessage Internet Connection
iMessage only works under Wi-Fi or cellular data, so it’s essential to have a stable internet connection. If you can visit any websites without problems while iMessage can’t send or receive on iPhone 7, 7 Plus or else, you can enable Airplane Mode to reconnect the local network.
If the attempt failed, resetting the network settings supposes to be helpful. Move to Settings > General > Reset, and select Reset Network Settings on the menu.
Tip 3: Reduce Motion to Solve iMessage Effects Not Working on iPhone X/8/7/7 Plus/6s/6
Another common problem about iMessage is that bubble effects not appearing in iMessage. One thing you should know is that the full effects of iMessage only works when both sender and receiver are using iPhone running the latest iOS 11.3/11.2/11/10.3.2 or higher. If not, the cool screen effects, bubble effects will not appear as you want. The possible solution is to turn off Reduce Motion on the settings.
Go to Settings > General > Accessibility, and select Reduce Motion, shut it down. Give it a few minutes and go back to iMessage to see if you can send effects successfully.
Tip 4: Fix iPhone 7/7 Plus/6 iMessage Not Working Using Tenorshare ReiBoot
Should above methods are still not able to solve iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7 iMessage not working, you can put your iOS device into Recovery Mode and reboot it with free Tenorshare ReiBoot, which is capable to enter Recovery Mode within 1-click instead of holding the combination of buttons for a long time.
- 1. Free download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on your PC/Mac and connect your iPhone with it.
- 2. Click Enter Recovery Mode and wait a while to exit then.
Once your device is restarted successfully, problems like iMessage games not working, iPhone 7/7 Plus/6/5 iMessage won't activate should be settled.
Tip 5: Update iOS on Your iPhone/iPad to Fix iMessage Not Working Problem
One last choice is to check for available updates on your iOS device. Tap Settings > General > Software Update and choose Download and Install if there is any. When iOS 10.3 iMessage not working on your iPhone, try to update to iOS 10.3.1 or the latest 10.3.2 to fix the potential bugs.
Hope above mentioned methods get iMessage back moving and working for you. If not, please share any tips with us in the comments below to help more users.
- 2 Ways to Put iPhone 7/7 Plus into Recovery Mode
- Top Tips for Taking Underwater Photos with iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- How to Fix Apple TV An Error Occurred Loading This Content
- Best 5 iPhone 7 Cleaner: Delete Junk Files and Clean Out Your iPhone's Memory
- How to Fix Apple TV Stuck in DFU Mode Issue
- How to Downgrade Apple TV 4K from Beta
- How to Fix Apple TV 4 Flashing Light of Death
- How to Fix Apple TV Stuck on Apple Logo Light Blinking
- Fixing Apple TV Stuck On “Could Not Sign In” Error
- Best Solution to Fix Apple TV Stuck on Home Sharing Screen
- Fixing Apple TV Stuck in Sign In Loop