How to Force Restart/Hard Reset iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
A force restart/hard reset is the easiest way to get you device out of stuck when a device has frozen or crashed or is otherwise unresponsive. Previously, users could force their phone to restart by simultaneously holding the home button and power button. Since the Home button on iPhone 7 isn't a mechanical button anymore, we need to adopt a new button combination to force restart (red) iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
- Part 1: Steps to Force Restart/Hard Reset iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Part 2: Force Restart Not Working? How to Get iPhone 7 Out of Stuck
Below are the simply steps to force restart/hard reset the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus with a new key combination.
- Press and hold down the power button on the right side of the iPhone 7.
- While holding down the power button, press and hold down the Volume Down button on the left side of the iPhone 7.
- Hold down both buttons until the screen turns off. After a few seconds, the screen would come on, displaying the Apple Logo. Wait for your iPhone 7 to completely boot up.
Many problems with the iPhone can be resolved by force restarting it, but some more complex problems can't be solved by a simple force restart. In this case, a professional iOS reboot tool like Free Tenorshare ReiBoot can easily fix your iPhone 7/7 Plus stuck on recovery mode, DFU mode, Apple logo, etc.
Method 1: Get iPhone out of stuck by exiting recovery mode
- Run Tenorshare ReiBoot and connect your iOS device with the computer. Tenorshare ReiBoot will automatically detect your device.
- Click "Exit Recovery Mode" on the main interface. Your iOS device will boot up. After the rebooting, your iOS Device is already back to normal.
Method 2: Fix all iOS stuck by repairing operating system
- Run Tenorshare ReiBoot and connect your iOS device with the computer. Select "Fix All iOS Stuck" on the main interface and click "Start" to enter your device into recovery mode or DFU mode to get your device detected.
- Once Tenorshare ReiBoot detect your device, Click "Download" button to start downloading the firmware package online.
- After the firmware package is downloaded completed and successfully. Click "Start Repair" to start system recovery.
So we share you how to force restart the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, and a way to fix frozen/hung iPhone 7/7 Plus when a force restart not working.