Top 5 Ways to Hide iPhone Apps on iOS 13/12/11
Hiding your Apps is a very important thing when it comes to content privacy and also when you want to prevent a third person to get full access to your data on iPhone. How to hide apps on iPhone is a very frequently asked question in forums and communities related to iOS and that is not at all surprising. So, to make your life easier, we are here with various ways with the help of which you can hide apps on iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7/6/6S etc which are running iOS 13/12/11. So, let’s get started.
- Way 1: How to Hide Apps on iOS 13/12
- Way 2: How to Hide App on iOS 11
- Way 3: How to Hide Apps with App Switcher
- Way 4: How to Hide Apps with Restrictions on iOS 11
- Way 5: How to Hide Apps to Folder
Way 1: How to Hide Apps on iOS 13/12
If you want to hide apps from Home screen on iOS 13/12, previously tips and tricks may not work anymore. Instead, you can use the new Screen Time app to control apps and make them invisible. Here is how you can do it:
If you want to hide pre-installed apps:
1. Go to Settings and tap on Screen Time. Choose Content & Privacy Restrictions.
2. Select Allowed Apps and toggle off the option for each app you want to hide.
3. Now go back to Home screen and you will find the apps are not there.
If you want to hide 3rd party downloaded apps:
However, above way can only work for few apps and if you want to hide other apps that are not coming with the system, try using Content Restrictions feature.
1. Similarly, in Content & Privacy Restrictions, choose Apps this time.
2. There are some categories like 4+ and 9+.
3. Select the category and apps that don’t belong to the rating will disappear from your home screen.
Way 2: How to Hide App on iOS 11
It is quite normal for iPhone users or in that case, any smartphone user to take care of their personal data. Nowadays apps are evolving and they pretty much do everything in our day to day lives. And that is why it is extremely necessary to hide apps and related data so as to maintain content privacy and overall safety. So, how to hide apps on iPhone from others? If that’s what you are wondering, iOS 11 has a hidden feature built-in with it. It comes very handy if you don’t want to show any apps to friends or others. Just follow the steps below:
1. Unlock your iPhone and long press the app you want to hide.
2. After it starts wiggling around, there will be a cross-button visible on each app on the screen.
3. Now, again long press the same app and SIRI at the same time.
4. Now quickly move the app around and drop it on the screen.
That’s it! The app will no longer be visible on any page. To get it back you will have to restart your iPhone or long press any other app again. This method is the simplest and by far the easiest method to hide apps in iOS 11.
Way 3: How to Hide Apps with App Switcher
Similarly, you can also use the App Switcher to hide away apps when you need. Sometimes, when you long press an app, and it starts to wiggle, some apps don’t show that cross sign. The most common examples are the stock apps. These are apps which can’t be removed or restricted. So, these apps along with other regular apps can be hidden with the help of the App Switcher trick. It is a very clever way to hide apps so that nobody can see or find them.
1. Unlock your iPhone and open your Home screen.
2. Select the app you want to hide. Hold and drag it down to the dock. Now, press the Home button once.
3. Again while holding the app in the dock, press the Home button twice.
4. Now simply drop the app on the screen.
5. Switch back to the Home Screen and the app will disappear immediately.
And that’s it you have successfully hidden the app and now you know how to hide apps on your phone with App Switcher. Now you can easily get rid of the target app by disabling Siri search suggestions.
1. Go to Settings and head over to Siri and Search.
2. Now just search the required app and disable the Search & Siri Suggestions.
This will completely hide the app in question. Now, if you restart the device, the app will come back where it was previously on your Home Screen.
Way 4: How to Hide Apps with Restrictions on iOS 11
You can prevent unauthorized access to apps, and related data with the help of the Restrictions feature in iOS 11. It is simply Parental Controls which can be extremely helpful to safeguard your personal data. It also helps to hide apps and that is one of its important features. Here’s how you can do it:
1. On your iPhone, open Settings and then go to General.
2. Now, open Restrictions.
3. Activate Restrictions and provide a Restrictions passcode.
4. Simply turn off the switch next to the available apps on the list.
This will hide the selected apps right away. This method is purely for stock apps that come with iOS 11 on your iPhone. For other downloaded apps, you can hide them by following the steps below:
1. Similarly, open Settings on iPhone and go to General.
2. Now, open Restrictions and enter the Restrictions passcode.
3. Go to Allowed Content and hit Apps.
4. Now, select any age group or simply choose “Don’t Allow Apps”. The latter will hide all apps.
The downloaded apps are hidden by age-restrictions or all at once. So, this is how to make apps invisible on iOS 11.
Way 5: How to Hide Apps to Folder
In case you have apps inside a folder somewhere on your Home screen, you can also hide it. Keep in mind, though the folder will not appear on the Home screen, if anyone opens the folder, they can see the apps. So, this is not a very highly recommended method. Nonetheless, it is quick. Follow the steps below:
1. Open your iPhone and navigate to the Home screen.
2. Select the app you want to hide, and long press the app icon till it wiggles.
3. Now drag it to the 2nd page of folder, and it acts invisible from the Home screen,
And that’s it. You are done!
Overall, these are the top ways to hide apps from homescreen on iOS 11. You can go for any of the methods and prevent unwanted access to your private data on apps easily. These methods are quick and effective. The last one being the least recommended. Other than that, if you want to delete apps from your iPhone completely to free up space, we highly recommend you to go for Tenorshare iCareFone software. It is an all-in-one tool that can easily delete apps and data from your iPhone with just 1-click with the help of its Manage feature. Launch Tenorshare iCareFone on your computer, go to Manage> App (on the left-hand side)>Delete app.
You will have all your selected apps removed instantly. Go for it and you won’t be disappointed!
- Free backup everything you need on iPhone 11/iPad/iPod
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS without limitation
- Selectively restore files without erasing current data
- Save your device from common iOS problems and bring a better performance
- Fully compatible with iOS 13 and iPhone 11/XS/XS Max/XR