People Always Do: How to Delete Group in Viber on iPhone
Viber is a free app that allows you to send messages and make calls but what if you have sent a wrong message accidently or have storage issues and want to delete messages and group chats?
Well, this tutorial will present a detailed guideline on how to delete a Viber group and also delete chat history permanently. Moreover, we will inform our readers how to recover deleted chats and messages in just few minutes. So, keep reading and find answers to all your queries.
- A Tip You Need: How to Delete Viber Group for Everyone
- Highly Recommended Tip 1: Hold a Habit of Backup Viber Everyday
- Highly Recommended Tip 2: How to Recover Viber Messages/Chat History
- Explore More FAQ for Viber App
A Tip You Need: How to Delete Viber Group for Everyone
Deleting a Viber group for everyone is not a difficult task. However, according to official Viber rules, only an admin can delete Viber group for everyone. Any other participant cannot delete a chat group in Viber. Follow the below steps to know how to delete Viber group chat.
- Remove all participants of the group one by one by going to the menu button and selecting ‘Chat option’. Then tap on the name of participant and selecting ‘remove from the chat’.
- Now, once everyone is removed, swipe the group name to the left and you will see three options.
- Finally, tap on the ‘delete’ button and a notification bar will pop out. Click on ‘Leave and Delete’ and the group will be removed for everybody.
So, if you are looking for how to delete group chat in Viber, follow the above guideline.
Highly Recommended Tip 1: Hold a Habit of Backup Viber Everyday
Our conversations include moments that we want to cherish for life. However, you may loss important photos and messages on Viber in case of a system crash, mobile theft or hard drive failure. So, it is recommended to develop a habit of backing up Viber every day to ensure safety of your data. Once you have backup Viber, you can delete Viber message to free up storage on your iPhone.
Yes, backing a load of data daily might be a time-taking process, but not with Tenorshare iCareFone. It provides a free feature ‘Free Backup’ that helps you to backup unlimited data in just few minutes. Moreover, you can selectively restore this data to your device whenever you want.
Follow the below steps to backup Viber using backup feature of Tenorshare iCareFone:
Download and Install Tenorshare iCareFone and launch it. Now connect your iPhone with the computer and click on ‘Backup & Restore’ option from the top menu.
Now, you have to tick ‘Viber and Attachments’ and click on backup. The software will start backing up your data at a location in your computer.
The software will take some time to store all the selected files and once completed, you can ‘view backup data’ on your computer.
Highly Recommended Tip 2: How to Recover Viber Messages/Chat History
Tenorshare UltData is highly recommended by all iPhone users because you can easily recover the deleted Viber data from your iPhone at any time using its special feature ‘Recover from iOS device’. Thus, in case of deliberately or accidently Viber delete chat or Viber delete conversation, you can retrieve required files by following guidelines:
Download and install Tenorshare UltData on your computer and connect your iPhone with it. From the main menu, click on ‘Recover from iOS device’.
Once the software detects your iOS device, it will show all the apps on your iPhone. Please check the ‘Viber Calls and Messages’ and click on ‘Start Scan’.
Now the software will show all the deleted Viber messages and chats; you may choose selectively files from the list and click on recover.
Finally, you can select to recover files either to your computer or iOS device and complete the recovering process.
We have discussed all the issues related to how to delete group chat in Viber that iPhone users come across with. Backing up data on daily basis is very important, so we recommended Tenorshare iCareFone to backup Viber data with just few clicks to avoid any unnecessary loss of important files. Also, this article presented a detailed guideline on how to recover lost data of Viber using Tenorshare UltData helps with powerful guarantee.
Explore More FAQ for Viber App
How Can I Delete My Viber Chat History Permanently?
You can easily delete your chat history permanently in Viber. To do that:
- Launch Viber and go to its Menu. Now, scroll down to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Calls and Messages’.
- Finally, tap on ‘Clear Message History’ option. A notification bar will pop out. Select’ confirm’ to Viber delete conversation.
How Do You Remove Someone from a Group Chat on iPhone?
To remove someone from a group chat in Viber:
- Open the chat in Viber and tap on menu button at the top of the screen and then select Chat Info.
- Now, tap on the name of the Participant you want to remove from the group chat and select ‘remove from chat’.