How to Know If iPhone Performance Is Limited
For many iPhone users, they must be indignant when heard the news that Apple slows down old iPhones last week. 2 people even sued the company for their economic damage and other harms. However, Apple claimed that they didn’t elaborately obsolete the old brands. The new iOS updates slow down some iPhone is designed to protect their older batteries and prevent iPhone shutting down. Even this, it still draws concerns. Many people want to find out if their devices are influenced; the following methods may be helpful for them.
Find Out If Your iPhone Is Affected
- 1. Currently, the models most likely to be decreased curtained functions are iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone SE, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
- 2. If you are owning an iPhone 7 and having updated to iOS 11.2, or iPhone 6s or former brands running iOS 10.2.1, there’s 80% possibility the device is affected.
- 3. iPhone battery draining fast in cold weather, only remains 50% compared with in normal temporary. If you are not certain, download some battery monitor apps. It is basically a certain thing your iOS device is limited in performance if the battery running out too fast.
- 4. Another alternative checking method is using Geekbench4. Download the app from App Store and have a test on your iPhone. The minimum Single-Core Scores for iPhone 6s and iPhone 7 are respectively 2500 and 3500. If the number is lower than this, then the frequency on your device is definitely decreased.
How to Speed Up Old iPhone
- 1. Try to clear some memory space on iPhone. Sometimes iPhone not running smoothly can be caused by the junk files and app data accumulated. Go to Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage to check the storage usage. Delete unwanted files and uninstalled some apps.
- 2. Turn off background running apps, locations services and app refresh will also improve iPhone performance.
- 3. When you are certain that the slowdown is caused by battery, try replacing it with a new one. If your device is under warranty, you can change it in Apple Store. However, if your warranty is invalid, extra &79 will be charged to replace battery.
Tips: Manually clear iPhone storage is troublesome and most users cannot clean the device completely. You can try an easy tool called Tenorshare iCareFone Cleaner, quickly scan all the unnecessary files and delete them to elevate iPhone performance on a new level.
Apple says the feature is only to prevent the known problem, not to force people to buy new phones. But critics think Apple could have handled this issue more transparent and found a better balance between their moves and users experiences. What’s your opinion about Apple’s performance decrease on old batteries?