Does Factory Reset Turn Off Find My iPhone? Get Answers Here
It’s important to know that a factory restore does not disable Find My Phone functionality. So, if you’re already contemplating the question does factory reset turn off find my iPhone, you need to know at this moment that the answer is NO. You can only deactivate the feature before the device was restored. Also, the goal can be accomplished only if you know the password to the Apple ID that enabled it
If you don’t have the password, there are ways to get the feature activated. The secret is in the article. Please read further.
- Part 1: What is Find My iPhone?
- Part 2: Does Factory Reset Turn Off Find My iPhone?
- Part 3: How to Turn Off Find My iPhone Before Wiping Your iPhone?
- Extra Tip: How to Turn Off Find My iPhone If You Forgot Password?
Part 1: What is Find My iPhone?
Find My iPhone is an app that permits a user to track his or her lost iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple Watch. The Find My app functionality can help someone to discover the last known location of a device. For some years now, the app has been reducing the level of theft recorded across the world. That’s because Find My iPhone makes it impossible for anyone to enable the iCloud account of a stolen iPad, iPhone, Mac, or Apple Watch
Part 2: Does Factory Reset Turn Off Find My iPhone?
No, factory reset can’t turn off Find My iPhone. I find my iPhone has been turned on, the Apple ID and password will be required when doing the factory reset. So, if you’re a person who seeks to know if does factory reset disable find my iPhone, the answer to your question is “No”.
Part 3: How to Turn Off Find My iPhone Before Wiping Your iPhone?
If you’re no longer using your device, you can remove the Find my iPhone functionality from your it.To get this job done, kindly follow the steps below:
- Turn off the device.
- In Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, click All Devices, then select the device you want to remove.
Click Remove from Account.
Extra Tip: How to Turn Off Find My iPhone If You Forgot Password?
However, if you’re someone who can’t access your iCloud account simply because you forgot your password, it’s okay for you to consider some alternatives. Tenorshare 4MeKey is one of the best alternatives to consider here. It’s a professional tool dedicated to the removal of iCloud activation. It permits iPhone users to eliminate the activation lock on their devices. It ensures that users won’t have any need to authenticate their account before gaining access to their iCloud account.
It has some extraordinary functionalities like:
- Fast removal tool: Tenorshare 4MeKey has a functionality that helps people remove iCloud activation lock without having a reason to use password/Apple ID.
- Unlocking iCloud account at any moment: Tenorshare 4mekey is extremely useful for achieving unlocking goals at any time of the day. With it, you don’t need to consult any expert before you turn off your iPhone functionality.
- App Store Logger: The Tenorshare 4MeKey app helps people to log in to the app store by using a new Apple ID you’ve bypassed the activation lock on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
- Pass Compatibility Test: This application can work greatly on different devices. It supports any iOS(iOS 15 included). So, if you’re using a newer version of iOS, you don’t need to worry about any issue related to the iOS device.
If you need to use the application, some instructions are quite important for you to follow. You can check them below :
To have 4Mekey installed on your personal computer, kindly visit the official website of the software. Then go to "Turn Off Find My iPhone".
Great ! You’re now at a point where you need to take the necessary action: the program will respond respectively according to your iOS version.
Situation #1: For iOS 11.4 and Later
This would be a little bit complicated guide for you to set up your iPhone's Wi-Fi configuration, which helps you to successfully remove Apple ID.
Then Find My device will be removed from iCloud account, please wait for seconds.
Situation #2: For iOS 11.4 Below
If your device is below iOS 11.4, you probably need manually reset all settings on your device.
- Note #1: If your device is from iOS 10.2-11.3, data will not be lost after turning off Find My.
- Note #2: If your device is below iOS 10.2, all data will be wiped out after turning off Find My.
The moment Find My iPhone has been successfully turned off, you will see a page like the one in the image below.
Does factory reset turn off find my iphone is a popularly asked question among the iPhone users. The question has been answer in the various sections of this article. However, if you must fully turn off the “find my iPhone” feature, you must be ready to use some third party tools. 4MeKey is the recommended app for this nature of task. It has several amazing features you can’t afford to miss.