Top 4 Ways to Delete Apps from iPhone SE/6s/6s Plus/6 Plus/6/5s/5c/5
Unconsciously, you may find your iPhone begins to act wonky that it should take 20 swipes to navigate from one screen to the last. To a large extent, it is caused by redundant apps on your iPhone. Then this is why it's essential for you to remove apps from iPhone (includes new iPhone SE).
Fortunately, removing iPhone apps is so simple that there're 4 ways on how to delete iPhone apps for you to choose from. Read on and pick any one that you're comfortable with.
- 1. Delete iPhone apps from Home Screen
- 2. Clean iPhone apps from Settings
- 3. Uninstall apps on iPhone via Tenorshare iCareFone (iPhone Care Pro )
- 4. Remove iPhone apps from iTunes library
- Step 1: Tap the app icon that you want to delete and hold on for a few seconds till it starts wiggling.
- Step 2: Then there'll be a tiny "X" at its top left corner, press "X" and click "Delete" in the pop up window.
Note that this would delete both the App and all of its data. Therefore, if you'll need the app again, think twice before tapping "X" or turn to Uninstall apps on iPhone via Tenorshare iCareFone (iPhone Care Pro), which allows to back the data up before uninstalling it.
- Step 1: Navigate to Settings >> General >> Usage, then you'll see all the apps installed on your iPhone as well as how much storage space they consume respectively.
- Step 2: Tap on the app you want to clear and you'll get a screen showing the app's full name, version and disk usage. Tab "Delete App" under the app icon and click "Delete App" again in the pop up window.
To make up for the deficiencies in above 2 ways, you must get the iPhone system care utility downloaded, which empowers you to view detailed information of iPhone apps at one time and back them up before uninstalling.
- Step 1: Download Tenorshare iCareFone (iPhone Care Pro) to PC and launch it first. Then connect iPhone to PC.
- Step 2: Click on "Speedup&Clean" of the program's primary interface. Click "Quick Scan" to scan your iPhone.
- Step 3: Then you'll get an interface as the picture below. Click Clean button in Apps. All Apps in your device will be listed.
- Step 4: Check the box before the app you want to uninstall and click "Uninstall" button. Tenorshare iCareFone allows uninstalling mutiple apps at the same time.
In fact, none of the 3 ways mentioned above permanently remove apps if you backed up iPhone with iTunes before, because they would return next time when you download an app from iTunes store or sync existing apps to iTunes library. Therefore, to remove them entirely, you must do as follows.
- Step 1: Open iTunes and click "Library" in the top left corner of the main interface and select "Apps".
Tips: If you don't see "Apps", go to Edit >> Preferences and make sure that "Apps" is selected under "Sources".
- Step 2: Select the app you want to remove and click "Delete", then click "Move to Recycle Bin" in the pop up window to permanently remove it.
After uninstalling several apps, you would definitely improve the performance of your iPhone SE/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5. And FYI, you can also speed up iPhone by deleting unnecessary data, temporary files as well as histories and cookies on Safari.