How to Free Up iPhone, iPad and iPod Space
I don't get enough memory for iOS 8 update, how to free up space on my iPhone? Running out of storage space on your iOS devices is annoying, and if you encounter with the following situations, you should be aware. They are signs that your iPhone, iPad or iPod is short of space.
- Short of memory for a new iOS update.
- It takes forever to start up iPhone/iPad/iPod or run a program.
- iPhone easily goes crashed with unknown reasons.
- iTunes Other category takes tons of space and slows down your iPhone, iPad, iPod.
- The background running apps takes space and expends battery life.
- Leave some sensitive info on iPhone and want to wipe them fully.
- Can't remove the unnecessary data completely, or deleted messages can be found in iPhone spotlight search.
The Easy & Free Way to Free Up Space on iPhone, iPad and iPod
The most common culprits when it comes to storage issues are videos, photos, messages and apps. You can just delete them if they are no longer useful. (Before you delete them, it's safer to backup them to your computer.
However, even though you have deleted them, the caches cookies, etc. might remain on your device. To completely free up space on iPhone, iPad and iPod, you need clear caches, cookies, offline files and other files. Here's a free way to get rid of them.
Editor's Note: The method below works for iOS 10, iOS 9, iOS 8 devices including iPhone (iPhone 6/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4S, etc.), iPad (iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3/2, iPad 4, etc.) and iPod (iPod touch 5G/4G, etc.).
Download and install a free utility called Tenorshare iCareFone Free(Free iPhone Care).
Select Quick Clean to scan your iPhone/iPad/iPod. Quick Clean takes a short time to find the junk files, temporary files, photos, large files and apps.
After the scanning process is finished, you can look at how much space has been eaten up by different types of files.
- Click on "Clean" button to clean the unwanted files to free up the storage of your iOS device.
After the cleaning, your iPhone, iPad and iPod should have enough space so that apps will run smoothly without crash. It's highly recommended that you use Tenorshare iCareFone(Free iPhone Care) to free up space on iOS devices regularly.