[Permanently Way] How to Delete Movies from iPhone in a Safe Manner
Watching high-resolution videos on an iPhone is an extremely pleasurable experience enjoyed only by iPhone users. Viewing them gives you enormous joy.
However, there is a problem. These high-resolution videos consume memory space more than any other operation on the iPhone. Most times, when you’re done watching a movie, you don’t bother removing them from the archive. This further stifles the available space until there’s no more room for receiving other files.
Have you ever wondered, “how do I delete movies from my iPhone?” This article will teach you simple techniques on how to delete movies from iPhone without any stress.
- Part A: How to Delete Movies from iPhone (5 Methods)
- Part B: If You Cannot Delete Movies from iPhone, Fix Now
Part A: How to Delete Movies from iPhone
1. How to Delete Movies from iTunes on iPhone
This technique will show you how to delete movies from the iTunes on iPhone. It is quite straightforward to delete films, TV shows or movies that are downloaded via iTunes.
- Launch iTunes on your iPhone. After which you link your iPhone to your laptop.
- Click on Movies or TV Shows icon on your iPhone.
Highlight the movies that are meant for the trash, right-click them and hit delete. That settles it.
2. How to Remove Movies from iPhone via TV App
Removing an unwanted movie from your iPhone using the TV app is as simple as it comes. Here’s one of the easiest ways on how to delete movies on iPhone.
A. Deleting Videos from TV App Directly
- Launch the TV app installed on your iPhone.
- Look for the movie you want to remove from your download folder.
- Click on the icon that shows “downloaded”.
To remove downloaded movies from your iPhone, swipe left the movies and then click on Delete > Delete Download.
B. Deleting Videos from TV App via Settings in iOS
If the technique stated above fails, you can use the next option to delete movies from iPhone TV app by using the “Settings” feature. Here are the simple steps to follow.
- Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone and launch it.
- Click on the “General” icon.
- Go a step further by clicking the iPhone Storage feature.
- From here, search for the TV app and click on it.
Finally, click on the “Edit” button to remove movies from your TV app. You can also swipe the movies to the left for instant removal.
Any one of these two techniques will work; you might just select the one you prefer. They will delete any movie you from the TV app on your iPhone.
3. How to Delete Movies on iPhone through Settings
You might decide that you want to remove videos from your iPhone via your settings app. We’ve got you covered. To do this, you need to disable your iPhone from synchronizing with iTunes first. Get a lighting cable to connect your iPhone to iTunes. Click on the “Sync” feature. If it was previously marked, it would be unmarked. Once you’re done, these are the steps to follow.
- Launch the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Locate the “General” feature.
- Look for “iPhone Storage” menu and tap on it. It will show you a list of all the running applications.
- Scroll to find “Review iTunes Videos” option. It will bring up all the available videos on your device. If this option is missing, that means you have no downloaded movie on your iPhone.
Once you click on the option, tap on the video you want to remove, and swipe it to the left. You can as well tap the delete button.
This method works perfectly for deleting songs as well. If you actually rented a movie from the iTunes store, it will be deleted automatically when the rental period expires.
4. How Do I Delete Movies from My iPhone in Videos App
Unwanted movies can also be deleted from your iPhone via the Videos App. This is a step-by-step guide on how to go about it.
- Launch the Videos app installed on your apple device.
- Press the Edit section.
Click the X icon on the top left of the movie you want to remove, confirm delete on the pop up window.
5. How to Delete Movies from iPhone with iCareFone (Easiest Way)
This is the most straightforward method on how to remove movies on iPhone. The Tenorshare iCareFone comes with an easy-to-use Manage feature that allows iPhone users to easily navigate, operate and delete 8 different file categories namely Photos, Music, Videos, Contacts, Messages, Apps, Books and Bookmarks. Here is a systematic model to use it.
Before you can use Tenorshare iCareFone, you need to download and install it on your computer. After which you link it with your iPhone. Then you are good to go.
Click on Manage, you will find that there are 8 different file categories that you can select from in the left panel, depending on the operation you want to perform.
- Select Videos, the software will scan and list your movies in a few seconds.
- Tap the unwanted movies and hit the “delete” button.
Part B: If You Cannot Delete Movies from iPhone
1. Some Useful Tips to Remove Movies without Deleting
- There are some movies that are stored in the cloud but not on your iPhone. These movies do not take any of your phone storage space. if you prefer the items to be concealed, just hit on the “hide” command.
- Another method is to turn off the synchronizing feature, especially when you have connected your iPhone to your computer with a USB cord.
- For rented movies, you only need to wait until their time elapses. They would be automatically deleted.
2. Repair Operating System in Simple Steps
Sometimes, all of the above-listed methods will fail to work. This may be due to updating your operating system, and attempted jailbreak, or physical harm to your device.
For simpler issues, rebooting or restoring factory settings will work. However, for more complicated ones, you might have to repair the operating system. Tenorshare ReiBoot performs this operation seamlessly and restores your device in just 10 minutes.
Go to Tenorshare's official website to download ReiBoot. Once downloaded, install.
- Proceed to launch the software, after which you connect your device using a lightning USB cord.
As soon as the connection is successful, hit the “Repair Operating System” function.
- Once this is done, an interface appears with a “Fix Now” button. Tap it to continue.
From here, a screen comes up where you can download the firmware package. To change the download location of the package, tap on “Browse”. Afterwards, you can click the “download” feature to commence the download process.
After the download is successful, touch the “Repair Now” command to commence the operating system repair.
- The estimated time to run all the steps from 1-7 is just 10 minutes. While this is going, do not interrupt the operation. When the operation terminates, your iPhone will reboot itself, and you are good to go.
We hope that we have been able to show you diverse strategies that you can use to permanently delete movies from iPhone, and free some of your storage space. If you have used Tenorshare ReiBoot or iCareFone, please let us know your opinion by commenting.