15 Best Portable iPhone Photo Printer in 2020
Nowadays everything is becoming portable and people like to do most of their tasks using their iPhones or tablets because they are handy and convenient. For most of the iPhone users photo printing is a necessity but no one wants to go to a computer to print a photo to save time and effort. Therefore, photo printers for iPhone are becoming famous on a day to day basis. There are plenty of models and brands but to help your search easier, I've compiled a list of the 15 best portable photo printers for iPhone along with their brief description, picture, advantages and disadvantages.
Part 1: 15 Best iPhone Photo Printers
If you are an iPhone/iPad/iPod user and love to take photos and print them for your keepsake then here is a list of 15 efficient available instant photo printers for iPhone:
1. Polaroid ZIP Mobile Printer
The Polaroid ZIP Mobile Printer is a polaroid photo printer for iPhone that can print compact high-quality 2x3 photographs that are smudge and tear resistant. It uses second-generation ZINK (zero ink) technology therefore this photo printer doesn't need ink cartridges. A special ZINK paper is used for printing. It comes with a free downloadable Polaroid ZIP App from any app store. It is battery powered so you don't always need to have it plugged. It is also known as instant photo printer for iPhone.
- High-quality instant pictures
- Bluetooth compatible
- Easy to set up and use
- Free app for editing images before printing
- Water, tear, and smudge proof.
- No cartridge required
- Sticky-back ZINK paper allows the photos to be stuck on surfaces
- Only one print size available that is 2x3"
- ZINK paper is expensive and difficult to find
2. HP Sprocket Portable Photo Printer X7N07A
The HP Sprocket Portable Photo Printer X7N07A is a very small and sleek iPhone photo printer great for small photos ideal for wallet or refrigerator stick-ons. Very portable and handy to carry around in your handbag or pocket for a quick travel and party shots. The pictures can be printed instantaneously as soon as you click them out. Pictures from social media accounts can directly be printed. The HP Sprocket app can be downloaded for free to edit pictures, add borders, text, etc.
- Instant 2x3 inch shots with a sticky-back
- Bluetooth enabled
- Uses ZINK technology
- Very portable
- Very cheap
- Can print photos from social media accounts
- The image size is always 2x3 inches
- The image size is always 2x3 inches
- Bluetooth is necessary
- Quality isn't perfect
- ZINK paper is difficult to find and is costly
3. Kodak Dock & Wi-Fi 4x6" Photo Printer
The Kodak Dock is a good photo printer which allows you to print photos directly from your smartphone device. It produces high-quality 4" x 6" images in about 2 minutes from sending the print command, using an advanced patent dye sublimation printing process and then a photo preservation process applying a protective layer to prevent the images from smudge, tear or damage. It also comes with a docking system which can charge your devices as you wait for the prints. You can use the free Kodak Photo Printer App to add templates, make collages, and edit the output image. The iPhone printer size is 165.8 x 100 x 68.5mm.
- Large prints size of 4" x 6"
- WiFi compatibility
- Editing possible with the free app
- Small and portable
- It takes a very long time to print each photograph
- The cartridges are expensive
4. Fujifilm INSTAX SHARE SP-2 Smart Phone Printer
Fujifilm INSTAX SHARE SP-2 is another iPhone photo printer that uses SHARE app to send images to the device from the smartphone, for immediate printing. The print quality is good (at 320 dpi and 800x600 resolutions). The colors are also quite bold and enhanced. It comes with a rechargeable battery so you don't need to be connected all the time. Printer dimensions are 3 x 5 x 7.12 inches. It is a portable photo printer for iPhone.
- WiFi compatible
- Can print photos from social media accounts (like facebook and instagram)
- Instax SHARE app is free which works in iOS 7.1+
- Print time is very small (~10 seconds)
- Compact size
- The app and the device are easy to use
- App installation is necessary, and it only works with iOS 7.1+
- Fairly expensive as compared to other printers
- No cartridge refills
- Extremely portable and light weighted
- Bluetooth compatibility
- Easy social media printing
- Uses specific type of ZINK paper which is very expensive and difficult to find
- Fast printing in approximately 16 seconds
- Portable and easy to carry around
- No Cartridges needed
- Free INSTAX Share App
- The App offers several different templates – Real Time, Limited Edition, SNS Template, Seasonal, and Standard Templates
- ZINK paper is expensive and not easily available
- Only 100 printouts per set of batteries, so the overall printing costs can rise
- The printer is relatively expensive
- Wi-Fi compatibility
- Low price
- Very compact and handy
- Photo Preservation Layer preserves the photos for about 10 years
- Many editing features and templates available in the free downloadable app
- Hard to setup because of fewer instructions
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Brilliant image quality with bold colors and contrasts
- The PickIt App can be used to design the output image
- Hard to setup because of vague instructions
- The device isn't easy to operate
- No ink cartridge refills
- Wifi enabled
- Easy to use
- Portable and handy
- The pictures can be stuck to surfaces and photo albums easily
- Many bad reviews of printer stopping in between
- Many bad reviews about charging
- Works for limited iPhone versions
- It's WiFi enabled and wireless
- Picture quality is good with bright bold colors
- Printing speed is very fast
- photos can be of 4" x 6" size and borderless photos of 8" x 10" size
- Multifunctional: printer, scanner and copier
- Really cheap
- It's non-portable
- It hangs when you queue more than one page at a time according to some reviews
- Small and compact for ideal portability
- Amazing picture quality
- Sleek and stylish design
- Free downloadable app with editing features
- It hard to use because of fewer vague instructions
- Multifunctional - scanner, copier, fax machine, and wireless printer
- Ability to print a variety of sizes
- Wi-Fi enabled e-printing feature
- Double sided print feature
- Very economical for all the features
- Laser printing yield good quality images
- Different functions of the printer, such as scanner, copier, etc, keep crashing
- Cartridges can be very expensive
- Portable and wireless
- WiFi enabled
- Airprint technology
- Fast printing in 47 seconds
- One selphy ink and paper kit is enough of to print up to 54 photos
- Cartridges can be expensive
- It requires some assembly
- Battery pack not included
- Slow printing when connected to Wi-Fi
- ZINK technology so no cartridge needed
- Good image quality 300 x 400 dpi
- Smudge resistant and tear resistant print paper
- Only prints from Memory card
- Slow printing speed
- Only one size images 4 x 6" supported
- Portable less than 2 pounds
- ZINK technology so no cartridge needed
- Up to 17 inches long print size
- print can be used as a sticker if you remove the back
- Fast printing
- Battery powered
- The app takes some time to figure out the more advanced options
- Low image quality
5. HP Sprocket Portable Photo Printer X7N08A
The HP Sprocket Portable Photo Printer is another photo printer which allows you to print photographs directly from social networking forums such as Facebook and Instagram. You just need to connect your social media account to the free Sprocket App to instantly create high-quality images on 2x3" sticky-back paper. The Sprocket App allows you to edit output images. It's also Bluetooth compatible so anyone within the Bluetooth range can plug into it wirelessly and print their photos. It uses ZINK technology so no need to worry about cartridge refills. The printer is portable and light weighted with dimensions 3 x 4.5 x 0.9".
6. Fujifilm Instax Share Smartphone Printer SP-1
Fujifilm Instax Share Smartphone Printer SP-1 provides very easy and fast photo printing using ZINK technology directly from iPhone using WiFi and the INSTAX Share App (compatible with iOS devices versions 5.0 and above). It uses Instax Mini Instant Film and 2 lithium batteries. The batteries can produce up to 100 prints per set. The printer dimensions are 4.8 x 1.65 x 4".
7. Kodak Mini Mobile Wi-Fi & NFC 2.1 x 3.4" Photo Printer
Kodak Mini Mobile Wi-Fi & NFC 2.1 x 3.4" Photo Printer uses a patent dye sublimation printing process that can produce high-quality photos from iPhone. It uses a photo preservation coating technology so that the output images remain safe from smudge or damage. The body of the printer looks pretty basic (dimension 5.91 x 3.54 x 1.57") but it is economical. The Kodak printer app is free with which you can select from multiple templates and edit the images before printing. The printed photo dimensions are 2.1 x 3.4".
8. Portable Instant Mobile Photo Printer
Portable Instant Mobile Photo Printer is the perfect for small pocket-sized 2" x 3.5" borderless pictures. The battery is rechargeable and once charged it can print 25 prints before the next recharge. The PickIt Mobile App is also available for free download and can be used to edit pictures before printing, make collages, etc. The printer size is 6.9 x 4.3 x 2.2 inches.
Prynt is a very compact and smooth iPhone photo printer perfect for iPhone 6s, 6, and 7. This device transforms your phone into an instant camera. It prints on ZINK sticky back paper with ink previously embedded into it, so you don't need to worry about cartridge refills. The printer dimensions are 6.3 x 4.5 x 2.4".
10. Epson XP-640 Expression Premium Wireless Color Photo Printer
The Epson XP-640 is a great multipurpose iPhone printer that can also be used as a printer and scanner both. It's a still non-portable printer. It can print in two sizes: 4" x 6" and borderless photos of 8" x 10" dimensions. You can also get double sided prints to save paper and time, and it has a fast output time of just 20 seconds. The printer dimensions are 15.4 x 19.8 x 5.4".
11. Kodak Mini Mobile Wi-Fi & NFC 2.1 x 3.4" Photo Printer
The Kodak Mini Mobile is a WiFi enabled iPhone printer which functions on Advanced Patent Dye Sublimation Printing process. The Dye Transfer method produces beautiful and intricate prints that are also very long lasting. It also uses photo preservation technique to protect the photos against smudge and tear. It comes with a free downloadable app that can be used to edit the images before printing. It can print 2.1 X 3.4" size images directly from the iPhone. The printer dimensions are 1.57 x 5.91 x 3.54 inches.
12. HP OfficeJet 4650 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
HP OfficeJet 4650 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer is a great cost effective printer. It can perform many functions like copy, scan, fax, take images from the computer or from the iPhones, using AirPrint, WiFi, Bluetooth, App, or any other methods as well. The ePrint feature allows accessible printing from anywhere at any time. Double sided prints can also be taken to save printing time and paper. It supports a variety of print sizes. Printer dimensions are 17.53 x 14.53 x 7.50". It is compatible with HP 63 Ink cartridges.
13. Canon Selphy CP1200 Black Wireless Color Photo Printer
Canon Selphy CP1200 Black Wireless Color Photo Printer is an ideal printer for printing of your Facebook and Instagram memories. It has dedicated Wi-Fi button to directly connect and print from your smartphone or tablet. It uses Airprint to print wirelessly and easily from your iPhone and takes around 47 seconds for borderless 4 x 6" size photo. It also comes with an optional battery pack up to 54 prints from a single charge.
14. Pandigital PANPRINT01 Zero Ink Portable Color Photo Printer
Pandigital is capable of instantly printing full color 4x6 borderless photos with a very good image quality of 300 x 400 dpi. The printer speed is relatively slow 0.1 ips with a print time of 60 seconds and a wait time of 30 seconds for each photo. Supports memory card: SD/XD/MS/MS Pro/MMC. It uses Zero ink technology so you never need to buy ink cartridges again. Good quality 4x6 borderless images can be printed on water, tear, and smudge resistant paper.
15. Zink Happy Phone Printer
Zink Happy a very small less than 2 pounds portable wired printer. The battery adds a little height and weight to the printer but it remains portable. The printer is Wi-Fi enabled and can be easily connected to your phone or tablet. It also has Direct Connect Mode, which automatically connects your printer to your device when you download the Zink Design Studio app. With this app you can print your photos with the option of editing images before printing. The print size can be as long as 17 inches. A 2×4" photo takes less than one minute to print, which is average speed.
Part 2: How to Print Deleted Photos from iPhone
The best tool to recover and print deleted photos selectively and safely from your iPhone is Tenorshare UltData. UltData is a powerful recovery tool that can recover more than 35 file types including your valuable data like photos, videos, contacts, text messages and WhatsApp messages easily. It is compatible with the latest iOS 12 and iPhone Xs, XS Max and XR. UltData has a recovery mode which capable of retrieving everything you want directly from your iOS device in few seconds and never lose a single byte. Here are the steps on how to print photos from iPhone:
Step 1 Download and install UltData on your PC or Mac computer, Connect iOS Device to computer.
Step 2 Select what you want to scan and recover, or can select all to start a complete and deep scan, then click "Start Scan" to start scanning.
Step 3 Preview the selected data and click "Print" button.
Step 4 Select printer name and click Print button to start printing.
Then the selected data will be printed. In addition, you can also recover the deleted data with this tool.
In the above article, I have mentioned some of the best iPhone photo printer devices in the market in 2019. It all depends on your need and occasion for which you require a photo printer. Hope you can now choose wisely among them! Also, if you have lost or deleted your memorable photos from your iPhone you can easily restore them and print them. You just need to remember using Tenorshare UltData app.