How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone 14/13/12
When you are changing your device, it's necessary to transfer all your data from the old one to a new one. Especially for WhatsApp, most of you might wonder how to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone 14/13/12? Don't worry. This blog can help you to gain knowledge about the topic so that you don't face any issues in future.
- Part 1: Can I Restore My WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone?
- Part 2: How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone 14/13/12 Free
- Part 3: How to Restore WhatsApp Backup on Android?
- Part 4: How to Backup WhatsApp iPhone without iCloud?
Part 1: Can I Restore My WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone?
The answer to this question is there is no direct way. You need to download a third-party software like iCareFone Transfer(iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer) because WhatsApp doesn't support or provide an option for transferring chat history from Android to iPhone.
As when you reinstall WhatsApp on your iPhone, there is only one option to restore WhatsApp from: that is iCloud. You cannot restore from Google Drive backup. Because Google Drive and iCloud are different platforms.
Part 2: How to Transfer WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone?
Now we'll guide you how to restore WhatsApp backup from Google drive to iPhone by using iCareFone Transfer(iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer) which is the quickest and reliable way to transfer WhatsApp backup from google drive to iPhone 14/13/12/11.
Apart from that, you can use this software to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, Android to Android, iPhone to iPhone or iPhone to Android.
Video Guide: How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone
Let's follow the steps below.
After launching iCareFone Transfer(iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer), choose "WhatsApp" in the home screen, and then "Backup" from the left pane. From the bottom of the interface, click "Download WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to the computer".
Next, you will need to log into Google Drive account with password.
On the next screen, please select the WhatsApp backup you want and prepare to download.
After you've downloaded WhatsApp backup, the program starts to remind you of verifying WhatsApp account on the source phone. Then, WhatsApp backup data will be generated.
Once done, you can view detailed WhatsApp backup data and choose to restore to iOS device.
After a while, the WhatsApp backup data will soon be restored successfully.
Part 3: How to Restore WhatsApp Backup on Android Phone?
The people who are habituated with the easy settings of WhatsApp in iPhone backup are aware of how to restore WhatsApp chat from Google Drive to iPhone. As there is no direct transfer option from Google drive to iPhone, you can do it by applying the following steps.
On your Android phone:
- Download and install WhatsApp.
- Then verify your WhatsApp account with all the credentials.
After installation finished, you will get a dialogue box with the option "Restore". Click on it.
- Now, open "WhatsApp" again and click on the 3 dotted lines.
- Click on the "Setting" option.
- You will get an option named "Chat" followed by "Chat history".
- Next click on the "Export chat" option.
You will be directed to Gmail through which you can send your data to yourself.
- Now, you can open email on your iPhone and get the WhatsApp details from there.
If you are installing WhatsApp without any backup, there is no need to be panicked as WhatsApp automatically restores from a local backup file. There are some points to remember.
- Last seven days' backup will be stored.
- Local backups are created every day at 2 AM.
- If your data isn't stored properly you can check internal storage.
Suppose you want to restore a local backup which is not the most recent one, you can check the following options.
First, download a file manager app.
- Then go to "SD card" > "WhatsApp" > "Databases". If you don't see your data there check "internal storage" or "main storage".
- Rename the backup file from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 to msgstore.db.crypt12. If you see there are some earlier protocols such as crypt9 or crypt10, please don't change the extension.
- Next, uninstall and install WhatsApp.
- Click on the "Restore" option from there.
Part 4: How to Backup WhatsApp iPhone without iCloud?
Can we get WhatsApp backup on iPhone without iCloud? 3 popular methods are:
Method 1: Back up WhatsApp from iPhone with iCareFone Transfer(iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer)
As we've mentioned before, iCareFone Transfer(iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer) is a powerful tool which can also help you to backup WhatsApp to the computer. Anytime if you want to restore to iOS, then it's absolutely a great way to accomplish that.
Method 2: Back up WhatsApp from iPhone using iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and then launch the iTunes app.
- After your iPhone is detected, go to "Summary" option. Click on the "Back up now" button.
Wait for a few times until the process is completed.
Method 2: Back up your WhatsApp data on iPhone through Email chat
- Open WhatsApp and go to the chat you want to back up and tap on the name.
- Select "Export Chat" and then "Attach media or Without media".
Open mail and type in your address and send it.
I hope this article provided you with knowledgeable information about how to restore WhatsApp from Google drive to iPhone. You can also use iCareFone Transfer(iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer) too. Anyway, if you get stuck into this kind of issue, you won't face any trouble in future as you are already aware.
FAQ about How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone
Q1: How can I restore WhatsApp backup without Google Drive?
You can use iCareFone Transfer(iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer) to get the job done. It is the most professional and powerful way.
Q2: Why is my WhatsApp chat history not restoring?
One of the probable reasons could be wrong credentials like phone number and iCloud ID. Please check it again. Apart from the check your network connection. Another reason could be low phone storage.
Q3: Why can't I restore my WhatsApp messages from Google Drive?
Again, check your phone number as well as the storage in your device.