[3 Ways] How to See Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone
WhatsApp is used to share something interesting or important with our families and friends. It provides great convenience in our daily communication. However, it's quite frustrating when you delete messages by accident. So can we read deleted messages on WhatsApp?
If you've deleted your WhatsApp messages on your iPhone, don't panic because there are techniques for you to restore deleted messages. In this post, we cover three distinct methods on how to see deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone. Let's dive right into it.
Related Read: How to see deleted WhatsApp messages on Android
- Part 1: How to See Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone without Backup
- Part 2: How to See Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone without Any App
- Part 3: How to See Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone via iTunes Backup
Part 1: How to See Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone without Backup
Although WhatsApp does not have an official function that allows you to recover deleted messages, there is a trustworthy WhatsApp data recovery tool called Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery which can help you read and recover deleted WhatsApp Messages from iPhone without backup.
In case you have accidentally deleted WhatsApp messages before making a backup of your chat history, UltData WhatsApp Recovery makes it simple for you to get them back and view them on your computer.
Here's a guide on how to see deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone without backup.
- Download and install the latest version of Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery on your PC.
Open the program on your PC and select "Device". Make sure your iPhone is connected via USB cable to your PC. Then tap "Start Scan".
After the scanning process, you will be presented with all the messages and media files that can be restored from you iPhone.
Go further and select the delected meassages on WhatsApp you want to recover. Simply click the "Recover" option in the bottom right corner and wait for it to finish.
- When the recovery is done, you can see the deleted WhatsApp message you've retrieved on your computer.
Part 2: How to See Deleted Messages on WhatsApp without Any App
Are you wondering how to see deleted messages on WhatsApp without any third-party app? Well, it's possible provided that you have already backed up your WhatsApp messages to iCloud. iCloud backup offers WhatsApp users an easy way to save their messages and restore after losing or deleting them on iPhone.
By restoring WhatsApp from iCloud backup as below, you will bring back WhatsApp messages and read deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone once again.
- Make sure you've backed up on WhatsApp before messages are deleted. You can open WhatsApp and go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup to confirm that.
- Delete WhatsApp from your iPhone and reinstall it from App Store.
- Once installed, open WhatsApp and verify your phone number.
- Tap on "Restore Chat History" when you see the option on the screen.
Wait for the restore process to complete. Once done, you should be able to see the deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone.
Part 3: How to Read Deleted Messages on Whatsapp iPhone via iTunes Backup
Assuming that you have backed up your iPhone to iTunes on you computer, then you can restore not only your WhatsApp messages but all your iPhone data from iTunes backup.
Let's walk you through how to see deleted Whatsapp messages on iPhone by restoring WhatsApp from iTunes backup.
- Have the most recent version of iTunes installed on your PC and connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Once your iPhone is detected by iTunes, go to the "Summary" page by clicking on your iPhone's name.
To get your WhatsApp messages back, click "Restore Backup" and choose the most recent backup file from the drop-down list.
Click on the Restore button to start restoring your iPhone data including the deleted WhatsApp messages from iTunes backup.
- After completing the procedures above, open WhatsApp on your iPhone and you should be able to see the deleted messages.
In this article we discussed how to see deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone. Among the three ways, we highly recommend you using UltData WhatsApp Recovery because it's simple and effective, saving you the trouble of reinstalling your WhatsApp. And iCloud or iTune backup is the choice to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone when you have an available backup.
- Recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Android devices;
- Recover deleted WhatsApp data directly from iOS devices;
- Support the scanning and reading of encrypted iTunes backup files;
- Support 7+ file types (contacts, photos,chats,voice messages, etc.);
- Compatible with latest iOS 17 and Android 12/13.