[Solved!] How to See Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone
WhatsApp is an instant messaging app used by many people to share something interesting or important with their family and friends. By letting us send and receive messages, WhatsApp provides great convenience in our daily communication. However, its quite frustrating sometimes when you delete your messages by accident and we often receive a question - how can I see deleted messages on WhatsApp?
If you've deleted your WhatsApp messages on your iPhone for any reason, don't panic because there are techniques for you to restore and read deleted messages on WhatsApp. In this post, we cover nearly three distinct methods on how to read deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone. Let's dive right into it.
- Part 1: How to See Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone without Backup
- Part 2: How to See Deleted Messages on WhatsApp without Any App
- Part 3: How to Read Deleted Messages on Whatsapp iPhone via iTunes Backup
Part 1: How to See Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone without Backup
Though WhatsApp does not have an official function that allows you to recover deleted messages, the good news is that there is a trustworthy iPhone data recovery tool called Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery which can help you read and recover deleted data including WhatsApp Messages from iPhone without backup.
In case you have accidentally deleted WhatsApp messages before making a backup of your chat history, don't panic; Tenorshare UltData, the expert WhatsApp data recovery software makes it simple for you to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages and check them on your computer. Here's a guide on how to see deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone without backup.
- Download and install the latest version of Tenorshare UltData on your PC.
Open Tenorshare UltData on your PC and select "Device". Make sure your iPhone is turned on and connected via USB cable to your PC. Then tap "Start Scan".
When the app recognizes your device, you will be presented with all the items that can be restored from you iPhone.
You can go further and select the delected meassages on WhatsApp you want to get them recovered. Simply click the "Recover" option in the bottom right corner and wait for the deleted messages to be recovered.
When the recovery is done, you may now see the deleted WhatsApp message you've retrieved on your computer.
Part 2: How to See Deleted Messages on WhatsApp without Any App
Are you wondering how to see deleted messages on WhatsApp before installing app? Well, it's also easy to bring back and read WhatsApp messages that were deleted on iPhone, provided that you have already backed up your WhatsApp messages to iCloud.
iCloud offers WhatsApp users an easy way to save their WhatsApp messages on iPhone. As long as you've enabled WhatsApp chat backup, all your WhatsApp chats will be backed up to iCloud and can be restored after you lost or delete them. By restoring WhatsApp from iCloud backup, you will be able to read deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone oncce again.
Here's how to see deleted messages on WhatsApp without any app by restoring them from an iCloud backup.
- Make sure you've turn on auto chat backup on WhatsApp. You can open WhatsApp and go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup to confirm that.
- If you can see when the last backup was performed, delete WhatsApp from your iPhone and reinstall it from your App Store.
- Once installed, open WhatsApp and verify your phone number.
- Tap on "Restore Chat History" when you see the option on the screen
Wait for the restore process to complete. Once done, you should be able to see the deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone.
Part 3: How to Read Deleted Messages on Whatsapp iPhone via iTunes Backup
Assuming that you have been conditioned to backup your iPhone to computer with iTune app, then you're in luck because you can restore not only your WhatsApp messages but all your iPhone data from iTunes backup.
Let's walk you through how to see deleted Whatsapp messages on iPhone by restoring WhatsApp from iTunes backup.
- Have the most recent version of iTunes installed on your PC and connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Once your iPhone is detected by iTunes, go to the "Summary" page by clicking on your iPhone's name.
To get your WhatsApp messages back, click "Restore Backup" and choose the most recent backup file from the drop-down list
Click on the Restore button to start restoring your iPhone data including the deleted WhatsApp messages from iTunes backup.
After completing the procedures above, restart your iPhone while maintaining the connection with your computer until the synchronisation with the computer is complete.
Now open WhatsApp on your iPhone and you should be able to see the deleted messages.
In this article we discussed how to see deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone. Among the three ways of reading deleted messages on WhatsApp, we highly recommend you using UltData WhatsApp Recovery because it's simple and effective and it save you the trouble of reinstalling your WhatsApp. If you prefer seeing and recovering deleted WhatsApp messages on an iPhone without downloading third-party data recovery tool, then iCloud or iTune backup is the one to turn to.
- Recover deleted WhatsApp data directly from iOS devices and iTunes backup;
- Support the scanning and reading of encrypted iTunes backup files;
- Support 7+ file types (contacts, photos,chats,voice messages, etc.);
- Compatible with latest iOS 16 and iPhone 14/Plus/Pro/Pro Max;