Smart Tips on WhatsApp Messages from Unknown Number 2023
Provided that WhatsApp is the biggest instant messaging service on the platform, it’s quite often that we receive spam, unknown WhatsApp messages. At times, these unknown messages could be quite annoying and creepy as well.
For that reason, many people look for a reliable way to deal with those unknown messages. If you’re someone who has experienced something similar, this article is for you!
Below-mentioned is everything you need to know about this subject. Let’s get into it.
- Part 1: Can Strangers Message Me on WhatsApp?
- Part 2: Why am I Getting WhatsApp Messages from Unknown Number?
- Part 3: How to Stop Getting Messages from Unknown Number
- Part 4: How to Send WhatsApp Messages to Unsaved Number
- Tips about Spam and Unwanted Messages
- Bonus: Move WhatsApp Messages from Android to iPhone in an Easier Way
Part 1: Can Strangers Message Me on WhatsApp?
Before we talk about how to block unknown numbers in WhatsApp, you must know the technicalities behind it first. And we have created this section specifically for that.
If you’d like to know if a stranger can send you messages on WhatsApp, the answer is “Yes”. Strangers can indeed message you on WhatsApp, all they need is your phone number.
When they have your phone number, they can save it in their contacts list and you will show up in their WhatsApp instantly.
Part 2: Why am I Getting WhatsApp Messages from Unknown Number?
You must be getting WhatsApp messages from unknown number for several reasons.
- First and foremost, it’s possible that your number has ended up in a spammer’s database, and they share your number with other spammers, which in return send you more spam messages.
- Secondly, the number you’re receiving the messages from could be someone you know. They could be someone from your workplace, school, or university who’s trying to stalk you.
Part 3: How to Stop Getting Messages from Unknown Number
That said, how to stop getting messages from unknown numbers on WhatsApp? Well, there are a few methods you can use for that, and they’re as follows.
1. Block the Unknown Number
The first and the simplest solution is to block the number.
When you block someone on WhatsApp, they won’t be able to send you messages or call you. Plus, they won’t be able to see your profile picture or about info either. That said, here’s how to block unknown number on WhatsApp.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your Android device or iPhone.
- Open the chat you’re receiving the messages from. Tap on the number on the top.
Select “Block [Number]”, then hit “Block” again to confirm.
The contact has now been blocked from sending you any more messages.
2. Report the Unknown Number
If the messages you’re receiving are spam, i.e., they look like marketing material or copy-pasted messages, you can report it to WhatsApp. When you do this, WhatsApp team will take a look at the contact and ban them from WhatsApp if they’re a spammer.
To report someone, simply follow the steps below.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Open the chat you want to report.
- Tap the number on the top.
Select “Report [Number]”, then hit “Report” to confirm.
- You can also select “Report & Block” to report the number to WhatsApp, as well as block the number from sending you messages at the same time.
Part 4: How to Send WhatsApp Messages to Unsaved Number
If you want to send someone a WhatsApp message but don’t want to save their number, you might be wondering how to do that. That’s because WhatsApp doesn’t offer any way to do that.
However, there’s a workaround you can use for it, and it’s as follows.
- Open your browser of choice, i.e., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.
- In the URL bar, type https://wa.me/phonenumber — but replace the term “phonenumber” with the actual number of the person you want to send the message to. Use the full number with country and area code, but don’t put the “+” sign.
Hit enter — and a popup will appear asking you to open WhatsApp. Hit “Open”.
- Now, you will be able to write and send a message.
Tips about Spam and Unwanted Messages
If you’d like to know what WhatsApp spam looks like, this section has got you covered.
- If the number is claiming to be someone from WhatsApp and says you need to pay them to keep using WhatsApp — that’s spam!
- If they claim to be from authorities but have grammatical or factual mistakes, that’s spam too.
- Last but not least, if they ask you to forward them a message or share your personal information, that’s spam, too.
Beware of such contacts and don’t ever give them what they ask for!
Bonus: Move WhatsApp Messages from Android to iPhone in an Easier Way
If you’ve got a new iPhone and want to move your WhatsApp data from the old Android to the new iPhone, Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer has got your back! iCareFone Transfer is a WhatsApp data transfer/backup/restore tool welcomed by many WhatsApp users.
iCareFone Transfer is literally the easiest way to transfer WhatsApp data across platforms. Here’s how it works.
Download and install iCareFone Transfer on your computer. Connect both the devices, i.e., your old Android smartphone and your new iPhone to the computer. Click the big “Transfer” button at the bottom.
Open the WhatsApp application on your old Android device, go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup — and create a new backup from there.
The system will start getting WhatsApp data from your Android device. Please be patient while it happens.
Select the needed data and click on “Continue”
Now iCareFone Transfer is transferring the selected WhatsApp data to your new device.
Wait for a few minutes and your WhatsApp data will be transferred to the new device soon!
The Bottom Line
Tons of people receive spam messages and want to know how to stop unknown messages on WhatsApp. Well, if you’ve been one of those and you’ve read this post, now you know everything!
You’ve learned everything you needed to know on how to WhatsApp block unknown number — plus you’ve also learned about iCareFone Transfer — the easiest way to move your WhatsApp data from one device to another.