WhatsApp Notification Sound not Working Samsung S9/S8/S6? Quick Fix Here！
Suddenly, WhatsApp notification sound not working Samsung Note 9. It hasn’t happened before. I have tried to fix it, but still, I am not getting any sound. Also, the issue is only with WhatsApp. What do I do?”
Several users have faced these issues with WhatsApp on Android. In some cases, the problem appeared after the WhatsApp update, wherein some situations Whatsapp updated seems to have fixed the issue. So, there is no way to say what caused this or even what will work on your device. But to fix Samsung Note 5 WhatsApp notification sounds not working, we have listed 7 solutions in the article below. Check them out.
- Solution 1: Check Whether Your WhatsApp Notifications are Muted
- Solution 2: Restart Samsung S9/S8/S6/Note 9
- Solution 3: Enable WhatsAppSound
- Solution 4: Allow Samsung Apps Notification in Settings
- Solution 5: Log out of and in WhatsApp account
- Solution 6: Reinstall WhatsApp
- Solution 7: Still Can't Fix? Give it a Try on ReiBoot for Android to Repair
Solution 1: Check Whether Your WhatsApp Notifications are Muted
First, you have to make sure if the device in on ‘Mute’. Use the following steps to fix Samsung S8 WhatsApp notification not working by ensuring that the smartphone is not under mute.
- Step 1: Continue to press the ‘Volume Up’ button on your Android mobile.
- Step 2: This button is available at the side of the device.
Make sure that the volume of the device is at the optimum level.
Solution 2: Restart Samsung S9/S8/S6/Note 9
If that didn’t work, and you are still asking, how do I turn on the message sound on my Samsung? Then, at least once restart the Samsung mobile.
A simple restart is capable of fixing many issues. Check out the steps below:
- Step 1: The reboot option is standard for all Samsung mobile, just press and hold the Power button for 2 seconds.
Step 2: The menu will appear on the screen, tap on ‘Reboot’.
The device will be rebooted immediately.
Solution 3: Enable WhatsAppSound
Still, WhatsApp notification sound not working Samsung S6? Then check if the WhatsApp sound is enabled.
- Go to the home page of WhatsApp and tap on ‘Settings’.
Then, tap on ‘Notifications’ and tick the box beside ‘Conversation Tones’.
If the said box wasn’t ticked before, then WhatsApp sound was disabled.
Solution 4: Allow Samsung Apps Notification in Settings
It is possible that WhatsApp notification sound not working Samsung S8 even after implementing previous methods. If so, you need to check the notification settings. Check out the steps below.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ of your Android smartphone and tap on ‘Notifications’.
- After that, navigate to ‘Manage App Notifications’ and enable ‘Allow Notification’.
If the allow notification option was disabled, then enabling it will fix the issue.
Solution 5: Log out of and in WhatsApp account
If the previous procedure failed to fix the issue and still galaxy S7 WhatsApp notification not working, then try logging out of your WhatsApp account and then log in. It may turn out to be effective.
So, try the following steps to fix WhatsApp notification sound not working Samsung J7 prime.
- From the Home screen, navigate to ‘Settings’. Then, go to ‘Apps’ and then tap on ‘Application Management’.
- Then, tap on ‘WhatsApp’ and then tap on ‘Clear Data’. All the app’s data will be deleted.
Now, go back to the home screen, and tap on the ‘WhatsApp’ icon.
You will have to provide your username and password. Be sure to put the information correctly.
Solution 6: Reinstall WhatsApp
If Samsung S8 WhatsApp notification not working and you are still unable to fix it, then you may have to re-install WhatsApp on the Android device.
This is a straightforward solution but it can be effective. So, uninstall the app from your mobile. After that, follow the steps below to install the app again to fix; Samsung WhatsApp notification sound not working…
- So, remove the app from your mobile.
- After that, go to the Google Play Store.
From there, you will be able to download and install the app. Hopefully, after reinstalling the app, the notifications will start working again.
Solution 7: Still Can't Fix? Give it a Try on ReiBoot for Android to Repair
If all these fixes have failed you and WhatsApp notification sound not working Samsung S8, then it is possible that the Android system has a glitch.
Possibly, the system was damaged. If so, you have to use a professional system repair software to fix this glitch.
We recommend you to use Tenorshare ReiBoot Android. This program was designed specifically for Android and it is available for free. It is an advanced program that is capable of fixing more than 50 Android issues. It can also clear cache with just a single click.
The operation of ReiBoot is also very simple. So, if you are asking, how do I get notification sounds for WhatsApp? Follow the steps below.
Download and install the program, then connect the device. Enable USB debugging and click on ‘Repair Android System’.
Click on ‘Repair Now’ and proceed.
Now, you have to provide device info.
After that, you will be directed to the firmware page. Download the associated firmware.
- Lastly, click on ‘Repair Now’ and fix the Android system.
This is the most effective way to fix and repair the Android system and also fix the WhatsApp issue.
Hence, if WhatsAppnotification sound not working Samsung, you need to use the detailed solutions in this article to fix the issue. Still, if fixes from the beginning have failed to eliminate the problem, then you need to use Tenorshare ReiBoot Android and repair the system.