[So Easy] How to Delete WhatsApp Messages for Everyone after Long Time
Sometimes you may send a wrong message to a person by mistake, or you don't want your words to be used against you... In these situations, you will be thinking of how to delete old WhatsApp messages for everyone.
However, Those words are sent many days ago and can’t be deleted with the normal method. Don’t worry, here’re some smart methods to do that. Some simple steps are involved in this process that are discussed here.
- Way 1: Change the 'Date and Time' setting to Delete Old Message for Everyone
- Way 2: Delete WhatsApp Old Message for Me
- FAQs about WhatsApp Old Messages
- Bonus: How to Transfer WhatsApp to a New Phone
Way 1: Change the 'Date and Time' setting to Delete Old Message for Everyone
Here’s the first method to delete old WhatsApp messages for everyone after long time:
1. Delete Old WhatsApp Message on iPhone
If you’re an iPhone user and want to know how to delete old WhatsApp messages for everyone on iPhone, this section is for you.
To delete old WhatsApp messages, follow the steps below:
- Look at the message that you need to delete and note down the time and date when it was sent.
- Then quit WhatsApp.
- Turn off the cellular data. If the mobile is attached with a wireless connection, turn on the airplane mode.
Go to settings then click on the date and time option.
- Change the date and time and set the date before the time of the old WhatsApp messages.
- Now select the message that needs to be deleted and click on delete for everyone. Reset the date and time after waiting for one minute.
2. Delete Old WhatsApp Messages on Android
How to delete messages in WhatsApp after long time is also a question asked by many android users. Follow these steps.
- Keep track of the time and date of the message to be deleted.
- Quit the WhatsApp. Open settings and go to the network and internet tab. Under this tab, go to SIMs. Now disable roaming as well as mobile data. you can also turn the sim off.
- Again go to the network and internet option and here activate the Airplane mode.
Go to the settings and under the system tab, select the date and time option and change it. You should select a time before the message was sent.
Go back to WhatsApp and now choose the message to be deleted and tap on delete for everyone.
Way 2: Delete WhatsApp Old Message for Me
Here’s another method on how to delete old messages on WhatsApp:
1. On Android
For having an idea of how to delete old WhatsApp messages, do the following:
- Go to WhatsApp.
- Open the message you want to delete no matter how old it is.
Long press it. You will be given two options which will be, delete for me or cancel.
Click on the option of delete for me.
2. On iPhone
How to delete old messages in WhatsApp on iPhone:
- Go to WhatsApp and open chat which contain the required message.
- Long press the message and select the delete from the given menu. You can also select many messages at a time.
- Click on more, if prompted. Then select delete from the menu.
- Click on delete and choose the option “delete for me”.
FAQs about WhatsApp Old Messages
1. How to delete WhatsApp messages?
- Go to the app store and find WhatsApp on your android or iPhone.
- Choose the chat containing the message that you need to erase from the chat. Long press the message that you need to delete to view many options.
- Now you can delete the message after clicking on delete.
2. Does 'delete the WhatsApp chat' deletes it for all users?
The WhatsApp messages on your phone will be deleted only. The messages received on the receiver's mobile will remain intact.
The messages will only be removed from both phones if they are deleted for everyone. You can also delete old WhatsApp messages for everyone.
3. How can we delete all the chats on WhatsApp at a time?
- Go to WhatsApp and select settings.
- Under the settings option choose chats and then select chat history.
- Under this tab, the option “delete all chats” will appear. Select this option for clearing all chats.
Bonus: How to Transfer WhatsApp to a New Phone
Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer is one of the best tools for selectively transferring WhatsApp messages between iPhone and Android devices. And it’s more than a WhatsApp chats transfer tool. You can also use it to back up WhatsApp data to computer and view/restore it at anytime.
Here’s steps on how to use iCareFone Transfer to move WhatsApp from Android to iPhone:
Install iCareFone Transfer on your computer and connect the devices with to your computer. Tap on transfer to continue the process.
Back up the WhatsApp data on the source device. After completion, click on continue.
You need to wait as it will take some time to get data from the source device.
The WhatsApp account that was used for creating the backup should be verified for keeping the data safe. You can verify this by giving the phone number or the 64-digit key.
After verification, select the needed data to transfer. And then the device will automatically generate data that will be stored on your target device.
Now your data is being restored to the iPhone. The size of data affects the speed of data restoration.
After the completion of the process, the target device will restart.
Many users are interested to know how to delete WhatsApp messages for everyone after long time. You can delete old WhatsApp messages both on android and iPhone by changing the date and time settings on your mobile and then deleting the message.
Hope this article will be helpful for you.