How to Pin Messages in WhatsApp [iPhone and Android]
by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2023-01-05 / Update for WhatsApp Tips
WhatsApp is the most popular messaging service in the world. It has tons of features, and sometimes, some of them get overlooked under the weight of other prominent features. The ability to pin chats is one of those underrated features.
If you’d like to know how to pin messages in WhatsApp on an iPhone or an Android device, this article is a must-read for you. Furthermore, we also tell you how to pin a message in WhatsApp group. Let's get into it.
- Part 1: How to Pin Messages in WhatsApp
- Part 2: How to Pin a Message in WhatsApp Group
- Part 3: How to Pin More Than 3 Chats on WhatsApp [Works for Android Only]
- Bonus Tip: How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages Android?
Part 1: How to Pin Messages in WhatsApp
Coming with a pin chat featue, WhatsApp allows its users to pin up to three of the most important chats to their WhatsApp conversation list, so that these important and most preferred chats can be easily and easily accessed. If you don't want to go through the pain of searching for specific WhatsApp chats from massive messages, then now is a good time for you to make full use of the pin chat feature.
It's not a difficult task to pin WhatsApp message. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to pin messages in WhatsApp on an iPhone and an Android.
How to Pin WhatsApp Message on iPhone
To pin WhatsApp message on iPhone, you can follow the steps below.
- Open WhatsApp and tap the Chats tab.
- Find the chat you'd like to pin to the top of your chat list, then Swipe right on the chat.
You will see two options, namely Unread and Pin. Simply tap the Pin option.
The selected chat is now pinned and placed right on the top of all other chats. To unpin a chat on WhatsApp, simply swipe right on the pinned chat and tap "Unpin".
How to Pin a Chat in WhatsApp Android
If you are using an Android device, here's how to pin a chat in WhatsApp Android.
- Open WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Locate the chat you want to pin and long-press on it.
A pin icon will then appear at the top of the screen. Tap on it.
After which the chat will be pinned and stickied to the top of your list of Whats chats, no matter when new WhatsApp messages arrive.
If you pin a WhatsApp chat mistakely, here's how to unpin a chat in WhatsApp Android. Simply tap and hold on the pinned chat and tap the unpin chat icon to remove it.
Part 2: How to Pin a Message in WhatsApp Group?
Likewise, if you want to gain quick access to an important message the moment you open a WhatsApp group, you can choose to pin the message on top. Let's look at how to pin message in WhatsApp group chat on iOS and Android.
There's no direct way to pin a message in a group chat, but there's a workaround. What you can do is put the message in the group’s description. That said, here's how to pin a WhatsApp message in a group chat.
- Open WhatsApp and go to the group you want to pin your message on.
- Tap the group name on the top to open settings.
- Tap the group description to create a description you want to pin on your WhatsApp group.
- Once done, tap on "Edit group info" in Group settings and select this option for all participants.
Note: Only the administrator of the Group has the permission to pin a message in WhatsApp group.
Part 3: How to Pin More Than 3 Chats on WhatsApp [Works for Android Only]
As previously mentioned, you can only pin up to three chats on WhatsApp at a time, but what if the number of messages you want to pin exceeds 2? Is there a way for you to pin more than 3 Chats on WhatsApp? Well, the good news is that there are a few tricks you can use to overcome that limit, but remember, these tricks only work for Android devices.
Here's how to increase the pin chat limit in WhatsApp.
Way 1: Trick to Pin More Than 3 Chats on WhatsApp
There's a handy Archive Trick you can use to pin 4 chats on WhatsApp on Android. Let’s walk you through how it works.
- Pin 3 chats that you'd like to pin first.
- Then, tap and hold one of the pinned chats, and tap the archive button.
- Quickly pin another chat that you'd like to pin, then tap the Undo button on the archived popup.
Now you have 4 pinned chats on your WhatsApp.
Way 2: Use GBWhatsApp to Pin More Than 3 Chats
GBWhatsApp is a modded version of the official WhatsApp, and it comes with a ton of third-party features, and one of those is the ability to pin more chats at the same time. That said, here's how to use it.
- Download the latest version of GBWhatsapp on your phone.
- Open GBWhatsapp and log in with your account. (Here's how to transfer WhatsApp messages to GBWhatsApp.)
- Now kindly mark as many contacts you wish to pin to the top of the cooversation list.
- Press the pin icon to get them all pinned.
Bonus Tip: How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages Android?
If you have lost your WhatsApp messages and want to know how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages, this section is for you.
Tenorshare Ultdata for Android can help you restore your deleted WhatsApp data. Here's how to use it.
- Download and install UltData for Android by clicking on the Download button below.
Launch the application and click "Recover WhatsApp Data" on the main screen.
Connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable and enable USB Debugging on the phone by following the on-screen instructions..
Click "Start" for the program to scan for deleted WhatsApp data.
Make sure you're logged in to your WhatsApp account, then click "Yes, I want to continue." Backup your current WhatsApp data by following the on-screen instructions, then click “Backed up! Continue”.
Once the scanning is complete, select the messages you want to recover, then click "Recover" in the bottom-right corner.
Your WhatsApp messages has now been successfully recovered!
There you have it — that's how to pin message in WhatsApp. That said, if ever lose access to your WhatsApp data and want to recover it, Tenorshare Ultdata for Android is the way to go.