The Latest WhatsApp Web Download for Free (+ Users Guide)
WhatsApp allows you to use your WhatsApp on your computer while working, which is called WhatsApp Desktop or WhatsApp Web APP. It syncs with the WhatsApp mobile app for sending and receiving messages from a PC. Any action taken on the computer applies to the phone and vice versa.
So do you want to know how to free download WhatsApp for pc? We offered a detailed guide on WhatsApp Desktop download in this blog.
- Part 1: The Latest WhatsApp Web Download on PC, Click Here...
- Part 2: What is and How to Use WhatsApp Desktop APP on Computer
- Part 3: Download the Latest WhatsApp Web on Mobile Phone
- Part 4: What's the Difference between WhatsApp Desktop APP, WhatsApp Web, and WhatsApp Mobile App
- Bonus Tip: How to Backup WhatsApp to PC from iPhone/Android
Part 1: The Latest WhatsApp Web Download on PC
Here are all the important tips on “WhatsApp Web Download for PC”.
- Operating system supported by WhatsApp desktop APP: Windows (Windows 8 or higher) and Mac
The latest WhatsApp Windows APP Version: 2.2212.8. MAC Version: 2.2212.9.
The latest WhatsApp Windows APP Size: 143.22 MB. MAC size: 123.2 MB
- Developer: WhatsApp
- License: Free
You can download WhatsApp for windows 10/11/9/8 by following these steps.
FOR WINDOWSWhatsApp Web Download
FOR MACWhatsApp Web Download
- Click the green button above for downloading it.
Then open the file in the bottom right corner.
Choose run for starting the installer and then select accept and install.
Part 2: What is and How to Use WhatsApp Desktop APP on Computer
The WhatsApp desktop app is a desktop version of WhatsApp. This modification has helped many users in making their work easier by allowing them to use WhatsApp on their desktops and laptops.
You can download WhatsApp pc APP to use all the features of WhatsApp on your desktop or laptop that are available on your phone. However, If you want to make voice and video calls on WhatsApp Desktop, you need to make sure your computer is:
- Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 and newer
- macOS 10.13 and newer
After you’ve installed WhatsApp desktop, follow the steps below to set up and use it:
Since you’ve downloaded and installed WhatsApp desktop app on your computer. Now open the desktop app, and you will see a QR code.
- On your phone, go to WhatsApp and choose “Menu” or “Settings”.
Then choose “Linked Devices” and scan the QR code on your computer.
- Then you will successfully log in to WhatsApp on your computer.
Note: you can only log in to the same WhatsApp account on your phone and the computer.
Part 3: Download the Latest WhatsApp Web on Mobile Phone
The truth is that users cannot download the WhatsApp desktop version via WhatsApp web apk file on their phone, but they can download the WhatsApp mobile app on their phone’s app store.
Or you can also use your device to download the WhatsApp by tapping the button below:
Plus: The next section will help you figure this out better.
Part 4: What's the Difference between WhatsApp Desktop APP, WhatsApp Web, and WhatsApp Mobile App
The basic difference between WhatsApp web and WhatsApp desktop app is in the form of platform on which it is designed.
- WhatsApp Desktop is the WhatsApp app designed for computers, laptops, Mac, and tablets. It is a standalone app that you can install on your PCs. It cannot work independently on its own. In another word, you must have a WhatsApp account logged in on your phone if you want to use the WhatsApp desktop.
- On the other hand, WhatsApp web is a web-based version of the WhatsApp app, it is designed in a web-based format. You can only access WhatsApp web through a browser on your phone or computer.
- WhatsApp mobile is an independent version of WhatsApp which do not require a connection with a computer. It is an app designed for smartphones. It just uses an internet connection for sending images, videos, messages, and audio.
Bonus Tip: How to Backup WhatsApp to PC from iPhone(Free)/Android
Back up WhatsApp is an easy task on iPhone and Android, but it’s not so easy to get backup file from Google Drive and iCloud. So for better protection of your WhatsApp data, you can try to back up WhatsApp to computer with Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer.
You can back up WhatsApp with iCareFone Transfer for free and selectively view/export/restore the backup data to device whenever you want. More than backup and restore, you can also use iCareFone Transfer to transfer WhatsApp/WhatsApp business between Android and iPhone without limitations. It’s a professional WhatsApp data transfer/backup/restore tool.
Install Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer to the computer and launch it. Choose “WhatsApp” icon from the interface.
Then connect your iPhone with the computer and select “Backup” from the left menu. Then click on “Back Up Now” to continue.
Now iCareFone Transfer is backing up the WhatsApp data. Please do not disconnect your device during the process.
When the backup is completed, you can choose “View Backup” to view the data. You can disconnect your device when the backup is completed and view/export/restore your backup data on iCareFone Transfer anytime.
There are many WhatsApp users who are confused about WhatsApp desktop (WhatsApp web APP), so we made this blog to help users know what is WhatsApp web app and how to do WhatsApp web download with a detailed guide.
By the way, if you’re a WhatsApp user, then try iCareFone Transfer, which will make WhatsApp data transfer/backup/restore an easy task.