How to Transfer Videos from WhatsApp to PC [Detailed Guide]
Statistics from Google search show that there are over 85 million search queries related to how to transfer video from WhatsApp to computer.
The figure implies that many device users may not know how to save WhatsApp videos to their system. This post will reveal ways and steps to help you download your favorite videos from WhatsApp to your computer.
- The Easiest Method: Transfer Videos from WhatsApp to PC via Backup
- Method 2: Transfer WhatsApp Video to PC via WhatsApp Web/Desktop App
- Method 3: Use Email to Transfer WhatsApp Videos to PC
- Method 4: Transfer WhatsApp Videos to PC through File Explorer(Android)
- Method 5: Transfer WhatsApp Videos to PC with iCloud Drive (iOS)
- FAQS about WhatsApp Videos, Photos, or other Media Files
The Easiest Method: Transfer Videos from WhatsApp to PC via Backup
Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer saves you all the hassles and headaches associated with how to transfer photos and videos from WhatsApp to PC.
Unlike other transfer methods, Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer makes it possible for you to transfer batch WhatsApp videos to your system in a few clicks.
Besides, you can also use this tool to resolve many other WhatsApp transfer/backup/restore issues.
Steps to transfer videos from WhatsApp to PC via Backup with iCareFone Transfer:
Download and install iCareFone Transfer on your Mac or PC. Connect your device with a USB after you launch the software. Click WhatsApp icon.
Choose Backup from the left menu and click on Back Up Now button.
iCareFone Transfer will start backing up of WhatsApp data. Ensure your iPhone is not disconnected during the back up process.
The following screen indicates backup was successful.
Click on View and Restore to see the backed-up WhatsApp data, including the video.
From there, you can export them to any location on your PC.
Method 2: Transfer WhatsApp Video to PC via WhatsApp Web/Desktop App
Alternatively, you can resolve the issue of how to transfer photos and videos from WhatsApp to PC via WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop. Doing the WhatsApp video transfer from either platform to your computer is straightforward.
Steps to Transfer WhatsApp Video to PC via WhatsApp Web/Desktop App:
- Open WhatsApp Desktop or WhatsApp Web on your PC. WhatsApp Desktop is software you need to install on your system. Whereas WhatsApp Web is done via a URL.
After opening the WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop, follow the on-screen instructions to log in to your WhatsApp account.
Now on the WhatsApp web/desktop interface, you’ll see all your videos.
There is a download button towards the right at the top. Click on that button to save the video to your PC.
Related read How to Use WhatsApp Web.Disadvantages:
Expect a few challenges when you transfer WhatsApp videos to PC via this method. The disadvantages are:
- It is impossible to send more than one video at a time.
- The download button may not be enabled. If the download button is disabled, you will be unable to download the video; let alone transfer it.
- Sometimes, you won’t find the downloaded video in your Downloads folder, even though you have been notified that the download is complete.
Method 3: Use Email to Transfer WhatsApp Videos to PC
WhatsApp videos, like other content formats, can be transferred via email. I will explain how to transfer WhatsApp videos to PC via email with Android phones:
- Open WhatsApp on your android device. Click the particular chat that has the video you wish to transfer.
- Check through the chat history for the video.
- Long-click on the video.
- Tap the 3 small vertical buttons at the top.
Click Share. Select email from the many options and you should be able to send the video to that email.
- Now sign in to your email account on your computer and save those videos on your computer.
As I said, if you are using a different phone version, yours may not be exactly the same as the above description.Disadvantages:
This method also has its shortcomings, and they are:
- You can only send a video at one time.
- Depending on the device type you are using, this method does not allow you to preview the video you are sending.
Method 4: Transfer WhatsApp Videos to PC through File Explorer(Android)
Do you seek how to transfer video from WhatsApp to computer with file explorer? It is possible to transfer WhatsApp videos and images to your computer directly from your android device’s internal storage.
That is because WhatsApp usually saves your videos and images to Gallery. Therefore, you can follow the steps below to transfer videos from WhatsApp to your computer;
- Use a USB chord to connect your android device to your PC. Wait for your computer to recognize your android device.
- Click on My PC or My Computer to access your device. Double click your android device when it comes up. Click Internal Memory.
Look for WhatsApp folder. Open the folder.
- Open Media folder. Open WhatsApp Video. Locate the video, right-click it and select Copy.
- Transfer WhatsApp video to your computer by clicking on Paste. You can paste it into any directory of your choice.
If you are looking for a way to transfer WhatsApp videos from iPhone to PC, this method won’t do it for you. It is only for android devices. Use the method below to do that.
Related read How to Access Files on iPhone from PC .
Method 5: Transfer WhatsApp Videos to PC with iCloud Drive (iOS)
iOS users have the unique option of transferring WhatsApp videos to their computer with iCloud Drive.
iCloud can be of great help when looking for ways to transfer media content from one device to another. The steps below will help you in this regard.Steps to transfer WhatsApp Videos to PC with iCloud Drive (iOS)
- The first thing you need to do is to save all those WhatsApp videos to your device.
- Then open Settings on your iPhone. Check for your name and click it. Click iCloud. Click Photos and enable iCloud Photo.
Install & download iCloud for Windows. Log in with your Apple password and username.
- Click Options by the side of Photos. Choose iCloud Photos. Click Done. Click Apply.
Go back to your system and open This PC. Open iCloud Photos. The videos you downloaded from WhatsApp will be there.
FAQS about WhatsApp Videos, Photos, or other Media Files
Q 1: Where is WhatsApp Media stored?
For Android phones, you can find WhatsApp Media under WhatsApp folder. The WhatsApp photos and videos are kept in the Photos App's "WhatsApp" Folder for iOS users.
Q 2: Why can't I find WhatsApp videos in gallery?
WhatsApp videos should ordinarily be in your Gallery after download.
Otherwise, check WhatsApp Media visibility feature whether it is disabled. Open WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Media visibility.
This post has explained how to transfer WhatsApp videos to PC. It has highlighted several ways to transfer such videos.
However, it is safe to admit that you can transfer more videos within a shorter period with iCareFone Transfer.