How to Share GoPro Videos to Social Sharing Apps
Everybody’s a photographer today, thanks to the cameraphone boom in the past few years. Unless you are a serious photographer, you don’t have to bring that bulky SLR everywhere you go just to take decent pictures. Just pull out your smartphone and snap.
But for those who are a little bit serious about taking good photos and videos, the fact that the camera is stuck to the smartphone is a big hindrance. That’s one of the reasons why some people use GoPro cameras to help them.
While everybody knows how easy it is to share photos and videos directly from the smartphone, some users might wonder how do you share GoPro videos to social sharing apps like Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, Instagram or others. Read on and you’ll know how to achieve this.
Method 1. Using GoPro App
GoPro cameras come with a dedicated app that you can install on your smartphone. You can use this app to share your photos and videos to social media outlets.
The app comes with the Trim + Share option. This new feature enables you to create short video clips on your phone or tablet and share them to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and more.
To use it, press the Trim icon in playback mode, and choose a 5, 15, or 30-second clip from any of your recorded content, and save it for sharing without transferring entire videos to your mobile device.
Method 2. Download to Device
You can also download your videos from GoPro to your devices. Once photos or videos have been copied to the device’s native photo album the user can share the photos or videos through email, text, and social media sites instantly.
Here are the ways to share according to your device model.
Sharing from iOS
- 1. Go to the device’s photo album.
- 2. Select GoPro Album & Thumbnail.
- 3. Select the share icon.
- 4. Select one of the available options.
Sharing from Android
- 1. Go to 'My GoPro Album' in Capture or the GoPro App
- 2. Select the file you want to share
- 3. Select the Share button and select the desired sharing service
Tips 1: Sharing GoPro Videos Directly to Instagram
If you are an Instagrammer, you could post a video directly from GoPro. This method is currently available only for iOS as the Android version of Instagram is not working properly with GoPro videos.
- 1. Launch the GoPro App after you recorded your video.
- 2. Select Connect and Control.
- 3. Download either the High Resolution or Low Resolution of the video to your smartphone or tablet's camera roll.
- 4. Download an app that can access your camera roll trim the length of your video while keeping the wide angle perspective. An example of a free App that can do this is "Squaready for Video."
- 5. Now go ahead and trim the clip to the desired length. For example, Instagram requires video clips to be 3-15 seconds long.
- 6. Upload your video.
Tips 2: Uploading Videos from Your Computer
But what if the GoPro videos that you want to share is already saved to your computer? In this case, you can use Tenorshare iCareFone to upload those videos directly to your iPhone.
Other than that, this app can also transfer music and photos between computer and iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, clear junk files and speed up iPhone and iPad, block in-app ads, fix iOS stuck, also backup and restore the iOS device. Just an 6-in-one iOS systemcare tool.
So, in this post we share two different ways for uploading GoPro videos to social media and introduce a useful iOS cleanup and optimization utility for iOS devices. Suppose you have any comments, welcome to comment below.