How to Unlock Samsung S5 to Any Network
I got a Galaxy S5 from my son who no longer needed it. It had a Verizon SIM in it which I replaced with a Consumer Cellular SIM. It uses AT&T. When I start the phone it warns me that there isn't a valid Verizon SIM card.”
If your Samsung Galaxy S5 is locked to a certain carrier, you cannot use it with any other carriers. It will continue to show the locked message each time you try to use it with other carriers. In a situation like this, you may want to find out if and how to unlock Samsung S5 to any network. Luckily, there are methods to do this and get your phone unlocked.
There are actually multiple methods to unlock a Samsung Galaxy S5 to any carrier. Once you have unlocked your phone using any of these methods, you will find you can use your phone with any carrier you want. The following are the methods for unlocking your phone.
- Part 1. How to Unlock Samsung S5 To Any Network Free – Using A Foreign SIM Card
- Part 2. How to Unlock Samsung S5 to Any Network – Ask Carrier for Help
- Part 3. How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy S5 by Code - Phone Unlock Service Online
- Bonus: How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy S5 using 4uKey for Android without Data Loss
Part 1. How to Unlock Samsung S5 To Any Network Free – Using A Foreign SIM Card
If you have access to a foreign SIM card, you can actually use it to unlock your Samsung S5. There are certain phone settings you need to access while the SIM card is inside your phone and it will unlock the device for you.
The following shows how to unlock Samsung S5 to any network free using a foreign SIM card.
- Tap on the Phone app on your screen to then be able to dial a number.
Type the following phone number using the dial pad and press the Call button.
- A menu will appear on your screen. Select the option that says UMTS.
- On the following screen, select the Debug Screen option and continue.
- Select Network Lock on the screen that follows.
- Finally, choose the NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZ option.
Your phone should now be unlocked.
Part 2. How to Unlock Samsung S5 to Any Network – Ask Carrier for Help
If you have purchased your phone from one of the major carriers in the US, you can actually reach out to your carrier and seek their help to help you unlock your phone. These carriers often help users to get their devices unlocked so they can be used with other carriers around the world.
The following are the instructions for how to unlock a Samsung S5 to any network by contacting your respective carrier.
Unlock Samsung S5 Verizon
If you are looking for methods for how to set Verizon unlock Samsung Galaxy S5 to any network, you would be glad to know that there is actually nothing you need to do to unlock your phones.
Verizon actually does not lock their 4G LTE phones, and if your Samsung Galaxy S5 comes from this carrier, your phone is already unlocked. You are free to use it with any carrier you want.
Unlock Samsung S5 AT&T
If your Samsung S5 is from AT&T, the carrier has a page on their site that lets you submit a request to unlock your device. You need to fill-in the form on that page with your phone’s details and they will then be able to unlock your device.
- Head over to the AT&T phone unlock page on their site.
Click on the Unlock your device option.
Enter your mobile number and other details on the following screen.
- When it asks for your IMEI number, type *#06# on your phone and you will see your phone’s IMEI number. Enter it on the site and continue.
In a few days, AT&T will remotely unlock your Samsung Galaxy S5.
Unlock Samsung S5 T-Mobile
T-Mobile has a relatively easy method to help you unlock your Samsung Galaxy S5 device. Basically, you need to get in touch with them and request for an unlock code. The code then can be used on your phone to unlock it.
- Call T-Mobile customer care at 505-998-3793 (in US) and request for an unlock code.
- Insert a non-T-Mobile SIM card into your phone.
- Enter the unlock code when prompted.
Your phone will be unlocked.
Unlock Samsung S5 Sprint
Sprint mentions on their website that they do not unlock certain devices, including the Samsung S5, for domestic use. However, you can get in touch with them to see if your phone can be unlocked for the carriers outside the US.
Part 3. How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy S5 by Code - Phone Unlock Service Online
There are some online services that help you unlock your Samsung Galaxy S5 to any carrier and you can avail their service and see if it actually unlocks your device.
Sites like CellUnlocker allow you to purchase an online unlock code for your phone. You can then enter this code on your phone and get it unlocked.
Bonus: How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy S5 using 4uKey for Android without Data Loss
Unlocking your Samsung Galaxy S5 from a carrier may be a daunting task but unlocking the screen lock on it is not that difficult at all. If you ever forget the PIN or pattern to unlock your device, you can use a third-party software to unlock it.
4uKey for Android is one such software that allows you to remove the screen passcode on your Android-based devices. You can use it to easily and quickly get rid of the screen lock on your Samsung S5 without losing data. The following shows how to do it.
- Download and install the software on your windows computer.
- Plug-in your Samsung phone to your computer and launch the software.
Click on Remove Screen Lock on the main interface of the software.
Choose Remove Screen Lock without Data Loss option. And click on Start on the following screen.
Select and confirm the correct device name and model of your Samsung s5 correctly. If your device model is not in the list, then try another mode.
After the program download the data package, process to put your device into download mode, then click on Start.
Wait while it removes the lock from your phone. You will see the following message when the lock is removed.
That is all there is to it. Your Samsung Galaxy S5 screen lock should now be removed.
We hope our article teaches you how to unlock Samsung S5 to any network so you can use your phone with the carrier of your choice. In case you forget the screen passcode of your phone, feel free to use the 4uKey for Android in the article to unlock Samsung phone without password.
- Bypass Google account verification on Samsung devices (Win & Mac)
- Remove Android password, pattern, PIN, and fingerprint lock just one click away
- Support Android lock screen removal Win & Mac