Top 5 Ways to Reset A Samsung Phone that is Locked
Every Samsung user chooses a complicated password or pattern to protect the data, so that others won’t be able to access the device easily. But sometimes that very complicated security also becomes a big trouble, because it is very easy to forget. When it happens that the users are locked out of their own devices, unfortunately not a lot of users know how to reset a Samsung phone that is locked. But not to worry, this article discusses various ways to get access to a locked Samsung device.
- Way 1: How to Reset A Samsung Phone in Recovery Mode
- Way 2: How to Reset A Samsung Phone if You Have Google Account
- Way 3: How to Reset A Samsung Phone with Android Device Manager
- Way 4: How to Reset A Samsung Phone Using Find My Mobile
- Way 5: How to Reset A Samsung Phone Using 4uKey for Android
Way 1: How to Reset A Samsung Phone in Recovery Mode
You can easily reset the password of your Samsung mobile from the settings of your device but if you are locked out of your device, it would still be possible to send the device into Recovery Mode, but it wouldn’t be as simple.
So, how do you reset a Samsung phone that is locked? Just follow the steps below to factory reset your Samsung devices:
- You must start by switching off your Samsung device and then boot it in to Recovery Mode.
- Hold the Volume Up and Home button together for 10 seconds; you will get the software update screen. The phone will vibrate but don’t release the buttons.
- Later, when you get a “No Command” message, wait for a minute and the device will enter Recovery Mode.
- Now, in the Recovery Mode, using Volume Up and Down button and select Factory Reset. Confirm the command by tapping the “Power” button.
Lastly, confirm the command by selecting “Yes-Delete All User Data”.
- After that, the device will be restored to factory Settings. Then, choose “Reboot Now” and your phone will get restarted.
It is a very simple procedure about how to factory reset a Samsung phone that is locked, but if you are stuck at any step just long press the Power button, the device will be turned off. Then, start the process from the beginning.
Way 2: How to Reset A Samsung Phone if you have Google Account
Do you know how to reset a samsung phone that is locked google account? It is possible to use your Google Account to reset the password of the Samsung mobile? If you have Android 4.4 or lower version, then you can implement this method to reset the password of your Samsung device.
Here’s how to reset a Samsung phone with your Google Account;
- Go to your locked Samsung phone and provide any random password or pattern for 5 times. After that a message will appear on the screen, tap on “Forgot Pattern”.
- Then, you will be asked for your Google Account or Backup PIN.
Choose Google Account and go to “Account unlock”.
After implementing this procedure, the mobile will be unlocked momentarily but remember that everything depends on the version of Android OS you are using now. This is only applicable on Android 4.4 and below.
Way 3: How to Reset A Samsung Phone with Android Device Manager
Aside from Google Account, the other feasible option to reset password of your Samsung mobile is Android Device Manager. It is very simple to reset phone password using the Device Manager. Here are several steps that you can follow:
First, you need to visit device manager site and then sign in to your Google account that has been logged in to your Samsung device before.
- In the Android Device Manager window, choose the device and then click on the “Lock” button to provide a provisional password.
After that tap the “Lock” button again. After this, you will get a confirmation message on your screen.
- Now, put in the provisional password to unlock your Samsung device.
If you can set a new password, then try to wipe your Samsung device with Erase option. Click on Erase and restore to factory settings without any password.
The job is done! You can clearly see that it is very simple to use Android Device Manager to reset the password of Samsung mobile.
Way 4: How to Reset A Samsung Phone Using Find My Mobile
Like “Find My iPhone” by iOS, Samsung has its own device locating feature called “Find My Mobile”. As the name suggests, this feature can locate your device and also erase all the data from your mobile. If you want to use this feature to reset the password of your device, then you must have logged in to your Samsung account on your phone and enabled remotely unlock feature.
Here’s how to reset a samsung phone that is locked with Find My Mobile feature:
Visit findmymobile.samsung.com/ from your computer or another mobile and sign in to your Samsung account.
- Click on “Find My Mobile” and then choose “Unlock” option to unlock the device remotely.
Finally, enter your Samsung account password and then click on “Unlock” button.
Way 5: How to Reset A Samsung Phone Using 4uKey for Android
If all the above ways have failed for Samsung reset password, then you may find positive results if you use a third-party software. There are a lot of programs out there with the capability to reset a Samsung phone that is locked, but among them Tenorshare 4uKey for Andorid stands out the most.
It is an exceptional software with various positive feedbacks from the users all over the world. It is the best tool and by far the most hassle-free option, as it is very easy to use. Here’s how to reset a Samsung phone forgot password using this user-friendly tool:
- You must start by downloading and installing 4uKey for Android on your computer then run the software.
- Now, you need to connect your Samsung mobile to your computer with a USB cable, the software will detect the mobile immediately.
Now, from the software interface, click "Remove Screen Lock" to bypass the password.
Then, click the "Start" button in the lower right corner. The software will note you that it will erase all your data to remove the screen lock, just tap Yes to start it.
Next, the removing process will be started.
- Then you need to enter your device into recovery mode and reboot system.
After that, the mobile will be restarted. This is a very simple procedure to bypass the password of your Samsung Android mobile implemented by 4uKey for Android.
As you see in Step 3, if you have early Samsung devices, then choose "Remove Screen lock without Data Loss" you will get how to reset a samsung phone that is locked without losing data just like the below video shows:
All the methods like the Find My Mobile feature, Google Account, Device Manager mentioned in the article are very effective if you want to know how to reset a Samsung phone that is locked. But there are some instances where all these methods have failed. Maybe because the device software was severely damaged or any other major issues that stopped them to bypass the password!
Some users have used the third-party software called Tenorshare 4uKey for Andorid to figure out how to factory reset Android phone when locked Samsung and got positive results. So, we highly recommend that you should at least try 4uKey for Android if you are stuck with a locked Samsung mobile. Go for it!