Top 5 Ways to Reset A Samsung Phone that is Locked [S22 Supported]
Sometimes a complicated screen password or pattern can be a big trouble, because it is very easy to forget. When it happens that you are locked out of your Samsung devices, do you know how to reset a Samsung phone that is locked? This article gives the answers with various ways to get access to a locked Samsung device.
- Way 1: How to Reset A Samsung Phone Using 4uKey for Android
- Way 2: How to Reset A Samsung Phone with Android Device Manager
- Way 3: How to Reset A Samsung Phone Using Find My Mobile
- Way 4: How to Reset A Samsung Phone in Recovery Mode
- Way 5: How to Reset A Samsung Phone if You Have Google Account
Way 1: How to Reset A Samsung Phone Using 4uKey for Android
The first way for Samsung reset password is Tenorshare 4uKey for Andorid. There are a lot of programs out there with the capability to reset a Samsung phone that is locked, but among them 4uKey for Android stands out the most.
Besides resetting locked Android phone, this software also be able to bypass the FRP lock after you factory reset Samsung devices. You can find various positive feedbacks from users all over the world. Anyway, here’s how to reset a Samsung phone (like S22/S21/S20) forgot password using this user-friendly tool:
- Start by downloading and installing 4uKey for Android on your computer, then run the software.
- Now, connect your Samsung mobile to your computer with a USB cable, the software will detect the mobile immediately.
Now, from the main interface, click "Remove Screen Lock" to bypass the password.
Then, click "Start" button. The software will note you that it will erase all your data to remove the screen lock, just tap Yes to start it.
Next, the removing process will be started.
- Then you need to enter your device into recovery mode and reboot the system.
After that, the mobile will be restarted. This is a very simple procedure to bypass Samsung screen password.
As you see in Step 3, if you have early Samsung devices, then choose "Remove Screen lock without Data Loss" you will get how to reset a samsung phone that is locked without losing data just like the below video shows:
Way 2: How to Reset A Samsung Phone with Android Device Manager
The second feasible option to reset password of Samsung mobile is Android Device Manager with Google account. It is very simple to reset phone password using the Device Manager. Here are several steps on how to reset a Samsung phone that is locked:
First, you need to visit device manager site and then sign in to your Google account that has been logged in to your Samsung device before.
In the Android Device Manager window, choose the device and then click on the “Erase Device” option and restore to factory settings without any password.
The job is done! You can clearly see that it is very simple to use Android Device Manager to reset the password of Samsung mobile.
Way 3: How to Reset A Samsung Phone Using Find My Mobile
Like “Find My iPhone” by iOS, Samsung has its own device locating feature called “Find My Mobile”.This feature can locate your device and also unlock your phone and reset the password. To successfully use it, you must have logged in to your Samsung account on your phone and enabled remotely unlock feature.
Here is how to reset a samsung phone that is locked with Find My Mobile feature:
Visit findmymobile.samsung.com/ from your computer or another mobile and sign in to your Samsung account.
(Your phone should be connected to a mobile network and turn on location service.) Choose “Unlock” option to unlock the device remotely.
Finally, enter your Samsung account password and then click on “Unlock” button.
Way 4: How to Reset A Samsung Phone in Recovery Mode
You can easily reset your Samsung mobile from Settings. But how do you reset a Samsung phone that is locked? It would still be possible to send the device into Recovery Mode and factory reset your Samsung devices with buttons.
- You must start by switching off your Samsung device and then boot it in to Recovery Mode.
- Hold the Volume Up and side buttons together for 10 seconds; you will get the software update screen. The phone will vibrate but don’t release the buttons.
- Later, when you get a “No Command” message, wait for a minute and the device will enter Recovery Mode.
- Now, in the Recovery Mode, using Volume Up and Down button and select Factory Reset. Confirm the command by pressing the power button.
Lastly, confirm the command by selecting “Yes-Delete All User Data”.
- After that, the device will be restored to factory Settings. Then, choose “Reboot Now” and your phone will get restarted.
It is a very simple procedure about how to factory reset a Samsung phone that is locked, but the steps can be a little different according to your phone models.
Way 5: How to Reset A Samsung Phone if you have Google Account
Do you know how to reset a samsung phone that is locked google account? It is possible to use your Google Account to reset the password of the Samsung mobile? If you have Android 4.4 or lower version, then you can implement this method to reset the password of your Samsung device instead of using Android Device Manager.
Here is how to reset a Samsung phone with your Google Account:
- Go to your locked Samsung phone and provide any random password or pattern for 5 times. After that a message will appear on the screen, tap on “Forgot Pattern”.
- Then, you will be asked for your Google Account or Backup PIN.
Choose Google Account and go to “Account unlock”.
- Enter your Google account password, the mobile will be unlocked.
All the mentioned methods like Find My Mobile, Google Account, Android Device Manager are effective if you want to know how to reset a Samsung phone that is locked. But there are some instances where they have failed.
- Bypass Google account verification on Samsung devices (Android 6-11)
- Remove Android password, pattern, PIN, and fingerprint lock just one click away
- Support removing screen lock and FRP on both Win & Mac