Top 2 Ways to Boot Samsung Phone into Recovery Mode
What Is Samsung Recovery Mode
All Android devices has a feature called Recovery Mode, which allows users to factory reset your device, fix some problems in your phones, or apply software updates. There are some situations that Samsung Recovery Mode can help you alleviate:
- Your Samsung is acting up. It is frozen, or affected by virus.
- Factory reset your device.
- Delete the cache patition to enhance the performance of your device.
Hence, Samsung Recovery Mode is hidden but of vital importance. How to boot into recovery mode on Samsung phones or tablets? In this article, I will share 2 ways to boot Samsung into Recovery Mode, including Galaxy series, Note series, A-Z series.
Way 1: Enter Samsung Galaxy Recovery Mode in 1 Click
The process to enter Recovery Mode slightly varies among Samsung smartphones. Instead of searching around how can I get into Recovery Mode on Samsung for your device, you are now have a better choice with a handy tool - ReiBoot for Android, which is capable of putting Android phone into and out of Recovery Mode with clicks. Here is what you need to do:
- 1. Launch ReiBoot for Android after installation on your PC/Mac. Then connect your Samsung device with it.
- 2. Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung devices like below:
On Android 2.0-2.3: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging
On Android 3.0-4.1.X and 5-8: Settings > Developer options > USB debugging
On Android 4.2.X: Settings > About phone > Tap Build number for 7 times until you get message like "You are now a developer" > Tap back button > Develop options > USB debugging
- 3. Click Enter Recovery Mode on the interface and you will find the phone automatically reboots with Samsung logo then the Android robot icon. Wait until you see the Recovery screen.
Way 2: How to Boot Samsung into Recovery Mode using Buttons
If you are not willing to use freeware like ReiBoot for Android to put Samsung phones/tablets into Recovery Mode, there is another workable way for you with certain keys.
- 1. Shut down your Samsung device completely by pressing power button or reinstalling battery.
- 2. Press and hold Power key, Volume Up button and Home button at the same time. Release them when you see the Samsung logo.
- 3. Wait for a while after the Android robot icon disappearing. Then you will see the Android system recovery menu where you can choose to reboot system, wipe cache partition, apply update and other options.
That's how to go into Recovery Mode in Samsung Galaxy S9/S8/S7/S6, Samsung Note and any Android phones. Don't miss ReiBoot for Android as it can save many troubles.