How to Reset Android Phone When Locked
" I'm unable to log into my Android phone because I forgot my pattern. How can I factory reset my Android phone and set it up again? I don't know how to do it, Any help?"
One of the most frustrating things is forgetting password or pattern to login to your Android phone. Your phone becomes useless in this situation. The methods about how to reset a locked Android phone that we discuss here will help you out. They also work in case you want to reset your phone because it is overloaded with apps.
- Part 1: Manually Reset A Locked Android Phone to Factory Settings
- Part 2: Reset A Locked Android Phone with 4uKey for Android
- Part 3: Reset Android Phone to Factory Settings via Find My Mobile
- Part 4. Reset A Locked Android Phone Using Google Account
Part 1: Manually Reset A Locked Android Phone to Factory Settings
How to reset Android phone when locked? The process of hard reset locked Android Phone (Samsung/LG/HTC/Sony/Huawei) differs between the brands. Note that manual factory reset of Android phone will erase all data on your phone. To perform it follow the below steps.
Reset a locked Samsung phone
- Press and hold the power button, home key, and volume up key at once. You will see a Samsung logo appear on the screen.
- Hold the volume down key to scroll down to wipe data/factory reset. Select 'Yes' and delete the phone's data by pressing the power key.
- Then select Reboot system. The phone will reboot and reset samsung phone locked out.
Reset a locked HTC phone
- Try random patterns or PINs for five times.
- When you attempt to login for five times with a wrong PINs or patterns, you will be given the option 'FORGOT PATTERN' or 'FORGOT PASSWORD'.
- Click on it and you will be shown a Google account login screen where you can enter your Google account credentials and follow the instructions to set a new password.
Reset a locked LG phone
- Turn off the phone. Press and hold Power key and Volume Down key together at the same time.
- When the LG logo is displayed, release the Power key, then press and hold Power key again.
- When the Factory reset screen is shown, release all keys.
- Press the Volume Keys to cancel or Power Key to continue for reset.
- To confirm, once again press the Power Key or any of the Volume keys.
Reset a locked Sony phone
- Turn your phone off and hold the volume down and power buttons together until the sony screen displays.
- Release the buttons and you will see a recovery screen. Use the volume keys as up and down arrow keys to navigate in the menu.
- Choose 'wipedata/factory reset' and use the power button to select it.
- Press any of the volume buttons again to confirm by selecting 'Yes' and wait.
Reset a locked Huawei Android phone
- Switch your phone off.
- At the same time, press and hold the volume down and up keys along with the power key to turn on the phone.
- Press the volume down button to select the 'wipe data/factory reset'.
- Press the volume down button to select 'Yes -- delete all user data'.
- Lastly, restart your phone by pressing the power key.
Part 2: Reset A Locked Android Phone with 4uKey for Android
If you want to reset android phone when locked, you can use Tenorshare 4uKey for Android Unlocker. It will bypass the password and reset your locked Android phone within minutes.
First, download and install the software to your computer, then connect your phone to it using a USB cable.
To get rid of password/lock screen code, select "Remove Screen Lock" mode.
As for most Android phones, choose "Remove Screen Lock" again to reset.
But if you are lucky to have the old Samsung phone, select the another feature and check if your Samsung phone is included in the list of bypassing the password without data loss.
Next, to start resetting, follow the software wizard to reset your locked Android phone. After the phone resets, you'll see that the password/lock screen code is removed successfully.
Part 3: Reset Android Phone to Factory Settings via Find My Mobile
If you are a Samsung user, and wonders how to reset android phone when locked, then you can try Find My Mobile. This works only for Samsung Android phone users who have set up a Samsung account and enabled 'Remote unlock' before.
- Connect your Samsung phone to PC using a USB cable.
- Visit findmymobile samsung website from other device and log in.
- Click 'UNLOCK' on the main page.
- Enter password used for signing in and click 'UNLOCK'.
- This will unlock a locked samsung phone and give you access to the device.
Part 4. Reset A Locked Android Phone Using Google Account
This method only works for Android Phone running 4.4 or below. After too many failed login (password, pin or pattern) attempts, the phone asks for entering Google account login details. Enter account credentials, email, and password to unlock the screen and reset the android phone when locked.
The methods we have shown here should have helped you to unlock locked Android phone forgot pattern. When you reset android phone to factory settings, you will lose messages, photos, contacts, etc. from phone's internal memory. On the whole, 4uKey for Android is the most efficient and highly recommended.
- Bypass Google account verification on Samsung devices (Win & Mac)
- Remove Android password, pattern, PIN, and fingerprint lock just one click away
- Support Android lock screen removal Win & Mac