What Do I Do When My Phone Says Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target
I was using Samsung Galaxy On5. It was working fine until downloading do not turn off target root screen appeared one day. I have no idea how to get rid of this. Please Help!!!"
-- From Samsung Community
The downloading do not turn off target how long can appear due to several reasons. It can be due to software conflict or missing files or due to corrupted partitions. But mostly it is related to Download Mode. Now, you have to remember that this is a very critical problem and not easy to fix. That being said, there are a few ways to remove this error. So, we recommend checking out our article below for more details on the solutions.
Part 1: What Does Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target Mean?
The downloading do not turn off target Note 4 problem or also known as Odin mode downloading do not turn off target error, appears in Download Mode. It is a specific mode used by Samsung to flash its smartphones.
Why does the Samsung phone say downloading do not turn off Target?"
-- From Quora
The appearance of downloading do not turn off target error can be related to several things. Most of the time, it appears while entering the Recovery Mode. After using the wrong button combination, the device enters Download Mode, instead of Recovery Mode.
Sometimes, Samsung A20 downloading do not turn off target error can appear due to software conflict. Even corrupted partitions and missing system files can contribute to this error.
Part 2: What do I Do When My Phone Says Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target?
There are not too many things you can do to fix Android downloading do not turn off target Note 4 problem. But certain procedures are available that are capable of eliminating, do not turn off target problem.
You can check out the rest of the article below, we have categorized the solutions by their nature.
- 1. For Samsung S7/S6/S5/S4 - Using Exiting Download Mode
- 2. For Nexus Devices - Force A Clean Restart
- 3. Deeper Fixes #1 - Wipe Cache Partition
- 4. Deeper Fixes #2 - Make A Factory Reset
- 5. Ultimate Fixes - Repair Android System
1. For Samsung S7/S6/S5/S4 - Using Exiting Download Mode
The fastest way to fix, Samsung S7 downloading do not turn off target problem would be to use Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android.
ReiBoot for Android is an exceptional program, it is equipped with several capabilities, but in this situation, its 'Exit Download Mode' functions would be most helpful.
It is the fastest way to get rid of this problem. It is a free feature. So, nothing to worry. Let's check out the steps.
- Download and install ReiBoot for Android on your computer. Then run the program, connect the Android device to it.
After the device is detected, select the 'Exit Download Mode' option on the program interface.
As soon as the device exits the Download mode, a notification will appear on the screen. Reboot the device. Well, this is the fastest way to get rid of S6 downloading do not turn off target problem.
2. For Nexus Device - Force A Clean Restart
If you are getting, Android downloading do not turn off target on a Nexus device; then, we recommend forcing a clean restart. This is an effective method, worth looking into. So, check out the steps below.
- Step 1: Hold the Power button and turn off the device.
- Step 2: Remove the battery from the device along with the SIM card and SD card if there is any.
- Step 13: Now, hold the PPower button for a few seconds. Doing this will discharge electricity from all the capacitors and components.
Now, you can turn on the device and check if it is booting properly. A clean restart is one of the best ways to fix downloading... do not turn off target, error on nexus devices. But if you are still having the problem, even after this, you can check out the deeper fixes below.
3. Deeper Fixes #1 - Wipe Cache Partition
One of the effective ways to fix, Samsung downloading do not turn off target is to wiping out the cache partition. But we don't usually recommend this method, as it takes a certain level of expertise to properly execute the steps to wipe out cache partition. Still, if a clean restart didn't do the trick, you can try this.
- Step 1: Turn off the device.
- Step 2: Hold the Volume Up + Home Button + Power button together. On a modern device, you have to hold the Bixby button instead of the Home Button.
- Step 3: The device will start vibrating, and you will enter the Android recovery screen.
- Step 4: Use the Volume down button to highlight the Wipe Cache option.
- Step 5: Tap the Power button to execute this option.
Now, you just have to wait for the procedure to get finished. After that, reboot the device. The Note 4 downloading do not turn off target error should not be appearing anymore, but we have detailed another method below. You should check it out.
4. Deeper Fixes #2 - Make A Factory Reset
The downloading do not turn off target S7 problem can also be fixed with Factory Reset. But you need to remember that it is a very delicate procedure.
Your device will be wiped clean. So, we recommend a data backup. After backing up data, you can proceed.
- Step 1: Just like we have detailed in the previous part, enter the Android System Recovery screen.
- Step 2: Use the Volume down button to highlight Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Step 3: Use the Power button to execute this option, select Yes-Delete All user data.
- Step 4: Press the Power button again to begin the factory reset.
After the reset is complete, reboot the device. This should effectively eliminate Galaxy s7 downloading do not turn off target problem.
5. Ultimate Fixes - Repair Android System
The previous 2 methods were deeper, more delicate methods to fix Android do not turn off target problem. Those methods have a better chance of fixing the problem, but they are still not the best fix for Samsung do not turn off target problem.
If the problem is still occurring, and it is out of your hand, you require the ultimate solution. It means you have to repair the Android system and eliminate this problem from its root.
We recommend using the feature "Repair Android System" of Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android. It is a great program, and if any of the above solutions didn't work, then don't worry. This method will definitely fix the problem.
Download and install ReiBoot for Android on a computer. Run the program. Then connect the Android device to the computer and select 'Repair Android system' on the program interface.
Click on 'Repair Now' to proceed.
In the following page, provide the device info.
After the program verifies the details, download the firmware.
After the firmware is downloaded, click on Repair Now'.
The program will immediately start repairing the Android system. After the fix, reboot the software, and Note 4 do not turn off target problem will get fixed.
So, how do you fix my phone is locked saying downloading do not turn off target? This may be a difficult error to fix, but we have provided detailed solutions in the above article. Check them out. You can go for the fastest fix if the problem has occurred after entering the Download mode. Otherwise, you can go for deeper fixes; they are also very effective. But if you are looking for a guaranteed fix, then go for the ultimate solution. Use Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android and fix the system.