Why Google Pixel Won't Turn On, How to Fix
Apart from introducing Android operating system for smartphones more than a decade ago, Google entered in the smartphone manufacturing market with its Pixel series. A number of users prefer Google Pixel smartphone that contacts pure Android (stack Android) for smooth experience. But, nowadays, users are complaining that their Google Pixel won't turn on. If you are one of the users who are facing this issue, this is the right place for you to look for answers. Today we will understand why users’ Google Pixel 6/5/4/3/2 won't turn on and possible solutions to fix this issue. Read below to know more.
- Part 1. Why Google Pixel 4/3/2 Won’t Turn On?
- Part 2. Check System Issues to Fix Pixel Won’t Turn On
- Part 3. Check Battery Faulty to Fix Google Pixel Won’t Turn On
- Part 4. Check Damage Screen to Fix Google Pixel Won’t Turn On
Part 1. Why Google Pixel 4/3/2 Won’t Turn On?
Why my Google Pixel won't turn on? There might be a number of reasons as to why your Google Pixel 2 won't turn on. Amongst them, below are some major reasons.
- System crash: System crashes are one of the most common reasons as to why our phone won’t start. If you do not see any physical damage, then the damage might be from within. System crashes can happen due to number of reasons.
- Faulted battery: A damaged battery can also cause your Pixel to not turn on. If your battery is not charged or not working to its full capacity, then it might lead to this issue. Check the battery and see if it is the reason behind this issue.
- Damaged screen: One more reason as to why users might think that their Google Pixel 2 won't turn on is the damaged screen. If there is any physical damage to the screen and it is totally blank, then users might think that their Pixel is not turning on, even though it is.
Part 2. Check System Issues to Fix Pixel Won’t Turn On
If your Pixel won't turn on due to a system crash, then you might need to check it. Since system crash is most common reason for this issue to arise, it is recommended to check it first. These system crashes might lead to hardware not performing well such as lack of charging or black screen. In order to see if the system has crashed, you need to reboot and check if it is not frozen.
All you need to do is long press the power button for 10 seconds and the phone should reboot itself. Make sure that the phone has enough battery. If the phone turns on, then it is not the system crash. You can use the below other solutions to know why your Pixel XL won't turn on.
1. Force restart your Google Pixel
As mentioned earlier, you can force restart or reboot your Pixel to know why your Google Pixel won’t turn on. This can be done by following below steps.
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
This will reboot the phone. Make sure you have enough battery for the phone to recharge.
2. Power up your Pixel in safe mode
If your google pixel won’t turn on due to some apps, then powering up in safe mode is the best option. In order to do so, follow the below steps.
- Long press Power button until the Google logo comes on screen. Release the button as soon as you see the logo.
- Next, after few second, long press the Volume down button.
Hold till the phone the “Safe mode” screen appears in the lower-left of the screen.
If it opens, then there is no issue with the phone due to app. If it does not, find out the app that causes the problem and uninstall it.
3. Boot into Recovery Mode to Wipe data/Factory reset
You can also reboot the phone in Recovery mode. In order to do so, the best way is to use Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android. This program helps you to reboot within a few clicks and too easily. Follow the below steps to know how.
Download and launch the program on your PC and connect your phone to it.
Once your phone is detected, click on the One-Click to Enter Recovery Mode on next screen.
This will enable your device into recovery mode.
Once in recovery mode, press “Wipe data/factory reset.” This will solve your issue.
Part 3. Check Battery Faulty to Fix Google Pixel Won’t Turn On
Sometimes the issue might be due to faulty battery. This can be checked in-house. All you have to do is connect the phone to charge. If the phone starts charging, let it charge for 10 mins and see if it turns on. If the phone is charging and the device still does not turn on, you can try forced restarting it. If the phone still does not turn on or the phone is not charging, try replacing the battery.
Part 4. Check Damage Screen to Fix Google Pixel Won’t Turn On
If none of the above solution works, it might be the faulty screen. This can be solved by repairing or replacing the screen. It is suggested to repair or replace the screen from authorized store or it might void your warranty.
Having said that, you just had a look at why your Google Pixel won't turn on. You saw different reasons responsible for the problem and their solution. You also saw that you can enter into recovery mode with one click using Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android, which is a professional Android system repair tool to fixing various issues such as Google Pixel black screen of death, Android stuck in recovery mode, etc.