Guide: How to Check Someone's Location On Facebook Messenger On iPhone
by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2022-03-25 / Update for change location
Today’s world is getting more digitalized day by day. The times are such that doing absolutely anything without moving isn’t a big deal at all. Checking someone’s location is as easy as ABC these days. We have the ultimate guide that will help you know how to check someone's location on Facebook messenger on iPhone.
- How To Check Someone's Location On Facebook Messenger On iPhone
- Method 1: Check Location Sharing
- Method 2: Check Location Tags and #Hashtags
- Method 3: Using Third-Party Apps
- Method 4: Using Nearby Friends Feature
- Bonus Tip: How to Prevent Someone Tracking Your Location on Facebook Messenger
How To Check Someone's Location On Facebook Messenger On iPhone
There are many efficient methods by which you can check your kid’s or friend’s location over the internet and ensure their safety. Contrary to what prevailed a few years ago, you don’t need skills and extra devices or software to track someone’s location.
Using Facebook messenger on your usual iPhone, you can now easily track your friend’s location in seconds! Read along and solve your problem of how to check someone's location on Facebook messenger on iPhone, and bid farewell to worry over their safety.
Method 1: Check Location Sharing
Location sharing is a great, safe way to share location with your loved ones. Facebook Messenger gives this brilliant option that lets you share your location with your friends and save time explaining your address to them. Just follow these steps:
- Open Facebook messenger, and go to the person you wish to send your location to.
- On the bottom left of your screen, click on the four dots (or plus sign).
- Choose the location.
- Click on the Share Live Location option.
Now your friend can see your location live.
Method 2: Check Location Tags and #Hashtags
Another useful and indirect way of checking someone’s location is by using Facebook’s location tags or #hashtags. For this, you can either check the stories they’ve posted or check their photos and videos.
Option 1: Check the Stories on Facebook Messenger
The most common way of checking someone’s location indirectly is through stories. When your friends or spouse, or kids, post a story on their Facebook account, you can check their location. This helps in times when they aren’t responding to your texts or don’t want to send their location to you.
- Open Facebook messenger.
- Tap on “People.”
- Tap on “Stories.”
- Amidst the list that appears, choose the story of the person you want to track.
- If there is a location tag on the stories, click on that and choose Show Location.
- The application now redirects you to Google Maps which will show the location of the place the person posted the story of.
Option 2: Check Someone's Uploaded Pictures or Videos
Another indirect but unreliable way of checking somebody’s location is by checking the images or videos they recently posted. These often have location tags and help in giving hints to the person’s location.
- Open the Facebook app.
- Go to the person’s profile.
- Scroll to their most recent upload.
- If there is a location tag, tap on that.
- You will be directed to a page with more information about that place.
For hashtags, either of the two methods above can be used. However, hashtags are often unrelated, broad, or subjective and might need a lot of research to get a person’s information. Moreover, both of these methods are unreliable. The reason is that stories last for only 24 hours and setting a location for either is optional.
Also, a person can use any location they like, not specifically where they are. The location you see is also of the place the person was at, say 5 hours ago. They might have moved from there or might have joked about their location by adding incorrect tags. The first method is the most reliable.
Method 3: Using Third-Party Apps
There are so many third-party apps on the internet that provide a non-consensual and a little creepy approach to location tracking. While some users have positive intentions when using these, more often these apps are seen as privacy-invasive. Using these applications to know someone’s location forcibly might also be counted as a cybercrime. However, you can still know anybody’s location with this method.
- Go to the online tracking service website.
- Choose to track.
- Create a URL, for example, Instagram.com and copy it.
- Send this URL to the person.
- When they click on this link, you will be able to track their live location statistics on your browser.
Method 4: Using Nearby Friends Feature
You can also share your location with your friends when you’re near them. You’ll have to download the Facebook app and turn on location history to do this.
- On your Facebook, turn on the Location Services and Background Location.
- Tap on the three-line menu.
- Tap on Nearby Friends.
- Set up the dialogue box that appears.
- Turn Nearby Friends on with the toggle button.
Bonus Tip: How to Prevent Someone Tracking Your Location on Facebook Messenger
As we have seen already, people can easily check your location by fooling you into opening links without your consent, and also in other ways. To ensure security and privacy, you must prevent strangers from tracking your location on Facebook messenger. Use Tenorshare iAnyGo to fake your location on your iPhone to prevent scammers from invading your privacy. Bonus? You also get to play Pokémon Go with it!
Launch Tenorshare iAnyGo on your pc or laptop.
Connect your device (iPhone or tablet) using a USB cable. Unlock your device and click on Enter.
Select your device if the iAnyGo asks and proceed.
Enter the address or GPS coordinate you want to fake and click on Start to Modify. Done! Your location has been successfully altered. All apps supporting location will also change.
The Bottom Line
In today’s world, how to check someone's location on Facebook messenger on iPhone is no longer a Herculean task. But beware! Remain safe and protect your privacy by hiding your location details from strangers. Tenorshare iAnyGo helps you fake your location so that you can fool your stalker into believing that you’re in Hawaii!