GPS Joystick not Working? 6 Workable Ways
Recently, people have been actively discussing the GPS joystick not working for Pokemon Go on the Reddit platform.
So we delve into the reasons behind the GPS joystick not working and offer workable solutions to enhance your gaming experience with the GPS joystick for Pokemon Go on Android. From software troubleshooting to securing your privacy, we provide a comprehensive guide to overcoming common challenges.
- Fix 1: Fix GPS Joystick Not Working with iAnyGo - The Best Pokemon Go Spoofer
- Fix 2: Update GPS Joystick
- Fix 3: Re-installing GPS Joystick
- Fix 4: Don't Use Cloned GPS Joystick Version
- Fix 5: Check GPS Joystick Pokemon Go Permissions
- Fix 6: Enabling Mock Location to Fix GPS Joystick not Working
- Fix 7: Ensuring Stable GPS Signals to Fix GPS Joystick not Working
- FAQs about GPS Joystick not Working
GPS joystick not working can be attributed to various factors, with four primary reasons standing out:
- Confidential mode, often used for privacy, can interfere with GPS functionality.
- Software glitches may disrupt the joystick's operation, causing issues.
- Device compatibility plays a crucial role, as not all devices support joystick features.
- Configuration errors, such as incorrect settings, can also lead to non-functioning GPS joysticks.
Understanding these root causes is pivotal for efficient troubleshooting, ensuring users can enjoy seamless GPS joystick experiences and maximize the utility of location-based apps. Read on to find out more solutions about the GPS joystick not working.
Fix 1: Fix GPS Joystick Not Working with iAnyGo - The Best Pokemon Go Spoofer
The issue of GPS Joystick not working can be easily resolved with the assistance of iAnyGo by Tenorshare. iAnyGo has seamlessly integrated the "Pokemon GPS Joystick" feature now, enabling flexible control of GPS movement. It’s the best joystick for Pokemon Go.
This tool is a game-changer for Pokemon Go enthusiasts, as it lets you access different regions for catching rare Pokemon, while also granting access to location-restricted apps and content from around the world. Here are the steps to use iAnyGo to change your GPS location:
- Download iAnyGo on your computer, and Connect it to your phone via USB, defaulting to 'Change Location' mode.
Choose the “Joystick Movement” Mode.
Use Joystick to Start An Automatic Movement. Drag the middle button to the circle, ensuring the mouse pointer is inside the circle. Release the button, and the GPS will automatically move at the set speed.
Fix 2: Update GPS Joystick
Another solution for GPS joystick not working is to ensure that your GPS Joystick app is up-to-date. Here's how you can solve GPS joystick not working.
- On your Android device, locate and open the Google Play Store app. It usually has a colorful "Play" icon.
- In the search bar at the top of the Google Play Store, type "GPS Joystick" and press the search icon or enter key.
- Locate the "GPS Joystick" app in the search results. Once you've found it, tap on it to open its store page.
- On the GPS Joystick app page, if an update is available, you will see an "Update" button. Tap on this button to begin the updating process.
- Follow any on-screen prompts that appear to complete the update.
Fix 3: Re-installing GPS Joystick
If updating doesn't resolve the issue of GPS joystick not working, we can try to re-install GPS Joystick. But when we attempt to uninstall GPS Joystick, sometimes we may receive a red warning message and even encounter an issue: the app lacks an uninstall option. Instead, it could only be disabled. When this phenomenon occurs, we can follow the steps below:
- Uninstall Previous Version
Enable Developer Options. Go to "Settings." - Tap "About phone" - "Software information " - "Build number" (tap multiple times until you're a developer).
- Enable Mock Locations. Go to "Settings," to access "Developer Options." Choose "Select mock location app" and pick "GPS Joystick."
- Download GPS Joystick. Open the Google Play Store to search for "GPS Joystick" and install the app.
In the final step, we need to test the functionality of GPS Joystick, and begin by opening the app and following the provided instructions. This step is essential to confirm that the joystick is working.
Fix 4: Don't Use Cloned GPS Joystick Version
Using cloned or mock GPS with joystick of GPS Joystick apps, often referred to as "fake GPS" apps, can lead to a multitude of issues and potential risks.
These unofficial versions often lack the rigorous testing and support provided by legitimate developers, resulting in instability, bugs, and a lack of updates. Moreover, employing such unauthorized tools can expose you to the risk of being banned from popular location-based games and apps.
Security concerns also loom large, as cloned apps may contain malicious code or vulnerabilities that compromise your device's safety and expose your sensitive data. To ensure a smooth, secure, and hassle-free experience while manipulating your GPS location, it's strongly advised to rely on official and reputable versions of GPS Joystick apps.
Fix 5: Check GPS Joystick Pokemon Go Permissions
A cause for GPS joystick not working is when the GPS Joystick app lacks the necessary permissions to function correctly on your device. Here are the steps to check and adjust app permissions.
- Unlock your device and go to the home screen. Scroll down or swipe up to access your device's app drawer, then tap the "Settings" app. It typically has a gear or cogwheel icon.
- In the Settings menu, scroll down or search for "Apps," "Applications," or "App Manager," depending on your device's specific terminology, and tap on it.
- In the list of installed apps, find and tap on the "GPS Joystick" app. If you cannot find it immediately, you can use the search bar at the top to locate it more quickly.
- Within the GPS Joystick app settings, look for an option related to "Permissions" or "App Permissions." The exact wording may vary depending on your device and Android version.
Tap on the "Permissions" option to view and adjust the permissions granted to the GPS Joystick app.
- Ensure that the app has access to essential permissions, such as Location, GPS, and Storage. If any of these permissions are disabled, toggle them on.
Fix 6: Enabling Mock Location to Fix GPS Joystick not Working
- Open "Settings." Scroll and select "About phone" (or "About device").
- Tap "Build number" repeatedly (around 7 times) to become a developer.
Return to settings, and find "Developer Options." Tap "Select mock location app."
- Choose "GPS Joystick" from the list. Toggle on "Enable mock locations."
- Open GPS Joystick and set your desired location. Your GPS is now working.
This is also one of the potential reasons for GPS joystick not working. Enabling mock locations in your device's settings can often resolve the issue. Follow these steps to enable mock locations. Here's a concise guide to enabling mock locations for GPS Joystick.
This should resolve issues with your GPS joystick not working and allow you to effectively manipulate your device's GPS location.
Fix 7: Ensuring Stable GPS Signals to Fix GPS Joystick not Working
The final reason for GPS joystick not working that requires our attention is the signals. Several factors can affect GPS signals.
- Clear Sky View: Opt for open areas with unobstructed views of the sky, as structures like buildings, tunnels, and dense forests can interfere with GPS signals.
- Electronic Interference: Be mindful of electronic interference from devices like Wi-Fi routers, Bluetooth gadgets, or other electronic equipment, as they can disrupt GPS signals.
- High Accuracy Mode: Enable "High Accuracy" mode in your device's location settings. This mode utilizes GPS, Wi-Fi, and mobile networks to enhance accuracy.
- Location Services: Ensure that location services are enabled in your device's settings, as this is crucial for the proper functioning of GPS apps.
- Hardware Check: Check for any physical damage to your device's GPS antenna or hardware, as such issues can affect signal reception.
- Compass Calibration: Calibrate your device's compass within its settings to improve GPS accuracy, ensuring precise positioning for location-based activities.
FAQs about GPS Joystick not Working
1. Are There Any Legal Concerns When Using GPS Manipulation Software?
Yes, there can be legal concerns when using GPS manipulation software, especially if it is used to cheat in games like Pokemon Go or violate the terms of service of certain apps.
Using GPS manipulation to deceive or gain an unfair advantage can lead to consequences, including account bans or legal actions. It's essential to use such software responsibly and in compliance with local laws and app policies.
2. Why Does My GPS JoyStick Fail to Detect Location in Pokemon Go?
Several factors can cause GPS joystick issues in Pokemon Go, including poor GPS signal, incorrect app settings, or outdated software.
To resolve this, ensure that your device has a stable GPS signal, grant the necessary permissions to the GPS Joystick app, and keep both the app and your device's operating system up-to-date.
3. How Do You Set Up GPS for Pokemon Go?
To set up GPS for Pokemon Go, make sure your device's location services are enabled, and choose the desired location mode (e.g., High Accuracy mode). Additionally, if you're using a GPS joystick app, follow its setup instructions, enable mock locations, and configure the app to spoof your GPS location.
4. Why Does My GPS Joystick Map Not Load?
If your GPS joystick map is not loading, it could be due to various factors, such as a poor internet connection, server issues with the app, incorrect app settings, or fake GPS joystick. Check your internet connection, ensure the app has the necessary permissions, and try restarting the app or your device.
5. Can My iPhone Be Tracked If Location Services Is Off?
In most cases, if Location Services is turned off on your iPhone, it is challenging for others to track your device's real-time location.
However, keep in mind that certain actions, like emergency calls or location sharing with specific contacts, may still use location data even when Location Services is off. To maintain privacy, it's essential to be cautious with app permissions and location-sharing settings.
When facing issues with GPS joystick not working, it's crucial to explore various solutions to ensure a seamless and reliable experience. Whether you're encountering challenges with the GPS joystick not working in popular games like Pokemon Go or struggling with location-based apps, understanding the root causes and implementing the right fixes is essential.
We've covered a range of effective solutions, from using the powerful iAnyGo tool for precise location manipulation to addressing common problems like permissions, app updates, and avoiding cloned versions of fake GPS location GPS joystick.
- 1-Click to change current location on iPhone
- Plan a route by selecting two or multiple spots on the map
- Easy to simulate GPS movement based on customized route
- GPS joystick to take better control
- Import GPX file to start a designed route