Best 5 Methods to Fix Pokémon GO AR Not Working
Pokemon GO game uses Augmented reality (AR) technology to give gamers a real-world experience. It combines the visual and real world in such a way that the visual world in this game looks more similar to the real world. Due to the addition of adorable virtual species (Pokemon) in the real world, you experience a great poke fight experience.
However, some users complain that Pokemon GO AR not working. If that’s something irritating you in the game then this article is for your help.
- Why Pokemon GO AR Not Working
- Method 1: Enable Permissions to Use Camera
- Method 2: Ensure your Device Has a Gyro Sensor (Android only)
- Method 3: Log out and Log in Pokemon GO
- Method 4: Update iOS Version
- Method 5: Clear Pokemon GO Data (Android only)
- Extra Tips: Playing Pokemon GO without Moving on iOS Device
Why Pokemon GO AR Not Working
The main reason involved in Pokemon GO AR mapping not working is the gyroscope sensor of your mobile. Basically, this sensor helps your mobile to sense its 3d motion in space. So, if you experience ar mapping Pokémon go not working then it can be due to these reasons.
- A gyroscope sensor is not present in your smartphone.
- The gyroscope sensor is defective.
- Some software issues may cause this problem.
- No permission to use the camera when using Pokemon GO.
Method 1: Enable Permissions to Use Camera
The first thing you can do to resolve the Pokemon GO ar scan not working is to check the permission for camera use. Sometimes disabled camera permission may lead to such problems. So, it’s better to ensure camera permission is granted for Pokemon GO. Here is how to do it:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Scroll down to find the Pokemon GO app and tap on it.
- There you will see a list of permissions granted to this app. Tap on the permission list to expand it.
Make sure the camera is enabled for Pokemon GO.
Method 2: Ensure your Device Has a Gyro Sensor (Android only)
Some cheap or old smartphones don’t have a gyroscope. This is the case for most android devices. So, if you find out that your device doesn’t have a gyroscope sensor then it’s not possible to play Pokemon GO in AR mode. Here is how to check whether your device has a gyroscope sensor or not.
- Open the google play store and download the sensor kinetics app.
- Open it and look at X, Y, and Z coordinates under the gyroscope.
- Now title your device to see whether values change or not.
- If values change then your device has a built-in gyroscope.
- If values are stuck at 0 then your device lacks a gyroscope sensor and you are unable to play Pokemon in AR mode.
Method 3: Log out and Log in Pokemon GO
This method isn’t advisable by Niantic but some users find this way quite helping to resolve the issue. To perform this action.
- Go to the main menu of Pokemon GO.
- Scroll down to find the sign-out option and tap it.
- Next again enter the login credentials and enter into the main menu.
- Now see if AR is working or not.
Method 4: Update iOS Version
It’s possible that the pokémon go shared ar not working problem persists even if you have tried all the methods. It can be due to the old iOS version you are using. Updating the software can also fix minor glitches and problems with your device. So, it’s important to upgrade your device to the latest iOS version.
- Go to the settings app of your device and tap on “General.”
Next press software update and see if any updates are available to download.
Method 5: Clear Pokemon GO Data (Android only)
Clearing all the Pokemon GO game catch weekly is very important. It ensures the smooth working of the game without any errors. Before you clear the cache, save the login credentials of your account since you will need to re-enter them after clearing data.
- Go to the Settings app on your device.
- Next press app storage > games > Pokemon GO app.
- Lastly, click on the app data (cache) to clear it.
Extra Tips: Playing Pokemon GO without Moving on iOS Device
To move your avatar in the game you need to walk on the street. This surely sounds tiring for those players who don’t want to move an inch even. So, a better way to play the game is to fake your current location to anywhere in the world.
Tenorshare iAnyGo is a reliable location spoofer that let you hatch eggs and find exclusive Pokemon present at different locations. Moreover, it’s the safest solution to play Pokemon GO without moving in the real world.
Not only this, but it also allows you to simulate your movements. You can flexibly control the movement by readjusting the direction and speed at any time with the help of its joystick movement feature. Here is how to use it.
Launch Tenorshare iAnyGo on your computer and connect your device using USB. Select the 4th option “Joystick movement” and proceed.
Set your desired speed for movement by dragging the speed slider. You can also choose walking, cycling, or driving speed. The maximum speed you can have is 72 kilometers per hour.
Start your automatic movement by circling the middle button and releasing it. You can also tweak the direction to 360 degrees.
Undoubtedly augmented reality (AR) feature is the main player in giving the best Pokemon GO gaming experience. When Pokemon GO ar not working then surely the charm of the game doesn’t feel the same. We hope the above-discussed methods helped you to resolve the issue. Don’t forget to add ease to your gaming time in Pokemon GO using Tenorshare iAnyGo.