How to Quickly Fix 'Not Enough Space on iPhone to Restore Backup'
"I'm trying to restore a backup on my 6+, but it gives me the "Not Enough Space on iPhone to Restore Backup" error. I don't know what's wrong and any help to get my restore to work would be helpful, thank you."
I saw this friend complaining the problem "fix iTunes restore problem of having not enough space" in Apple forum. It is in fact a frequent and annoying issue that many iPhone users suffer. If you have tried quite a few of solutions online but still unable to solve iPhone backup failed due to not enough free space, just follow the effective solutions we offer below to quickly fix "not enough space on iphone to restore backup".
- Solution 1: Check The Usage of Your iPhone
- Solution 2: Get iTunes and iOS into The Latest versions
- Solution 3: Check the Settings of Security Software
- Solution 4: Restore iPhone with A Third-Party Software Tool (Ultimate)
How to fix the bug "iPhone not enough storage"? Firstly, you need to check the real space of your iPhone. Go to Settings-General-Usage-Manage Storage, and you can have a clear preview how much space remains.
If the space is estimated to be not enough, you can manually remove some apps that are hardly ever used or remove some photos on your iphone.
There isn't enough space on your iPhone to restore backup? You are advised to update your iTunes and iOS into the latest version because the users possibly encounter with this problem because the latest version of iTunes and iOS is not installed.
Run iTunes > Update > Follow the instructions to install the latest version of iTunes.
Hit Settings > General > Software Update> Download and Install.
When you finish the upgrading of both iOS and iTunes, try to restore your iPhone from iTunes backup file again.
The warning error happening may be caused by some Security Software on your iPhone. They may protect the device by preventing the restoring process from a backup file. So it is important for you to have a check for the security apps settings to solve the problem of having not enough space on iPhone to restore.
If the solutions above still failed to solve the glitch "iphone cannot restore backup not enough space", Tenorshare iCareFone will be highly recommendded to help you to restore backup on iPhone/iPod/iPad. It not only can restore data from backup, it also can backup all your data easily.
- Connect your device with the computer and run iCareFone after installing. Select "Backup & Restore" in the main interface.
- Then click "To view or restore previous backup files" from the lower left corner. All the backup files, either created by iTunes or iCareFone, will be displayed.
- Step 2: Select a backup to proceed. If it's encrypted with password, you will need to enter the password first to extract the files.
- Select the files you want to restore, and choose whether to export to computer or your device.
That's all! With this professional iOS 12/11/10/9/8/7 backup & restore utility, it is believed that your problem "Not Enough Space on iPhone to Restore Backup" has been solved! If you have the further problems in iTunes Errors, Tenorshare TunesCare can fix all the issuses.