How to Fix iPhone Frozen on Apple Logo
My iPhone is frozen on the Apple logo, how to fix?
I've been trying to restore and update my iPhone 5 but my device is stuck on the Apple logo with the progress bar not moving. iTune is at the latest version andbeen trying different USB and still not working. Any idea how to fix a frozen iPhone on Apple logo screen? I've waited for 6 hours and still no update on the progress bar.
--joimaiveeer from Apple discussion
Your device might have a frozen Apple logo screen typically when something goes wrongs during the iOS 10/9.3.2/9/8 update process. You can force iPhone to restart and get the stuck fixed with several easy steps.
You have 2 options to repair iPhone when iPhone frozen on Apple logo
Both options are available to all iOS devices including iPhone SE, 6s/6s Plus, 6/6 Plus, iPhone 5s/5c/5, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPad and iPod touch.
Option 1: Force iPhone to reboot using the Apple method
iTunes could help iPhone reinstall iOS so that your device could be back to normal.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable and open iTunes.
- Step 2: While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Release the buttons till you see the iPhone Recovery mode screen.
- Step 3: When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
- Step 4: iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3 again.
Option 2: Force reboot iPhone using Tenorshare iCareFone
If the first method doesn't work and your iPhone is still stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes, you can get Tenorshare iCareFone (iPhone Care Pro) to help you. The professional iOS system care utility could fix a variety of iPhone issues including iPhone stuck.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone with your computer via a USB cable and select Fix iOS Stuck on the menu when you've launched Tenorshare iCareFone.
- Step 2: Press the button "Enter Recovery Mode" to put your device into Recovery mode. After that, you will see your device display the classic USB to iTunes logo. Congratulation! You've entered Recovery Mode successfully.
- Step 3: You can then start the restore process by clicking the "Restore" button in the iTunes window. Or from the interface of iPhone Care Pro, click "Exit Recovery Mode" to let your iDevice get back to original state and then start the process of updating iOS all over again.
FIY, Tenorshare iCareFone is not only a tool to fix frozen iPhone, it can also transfer iPhone data between computer and iPhone, remove iPhone junk and ads to speed up iPhone, repair operating system, etc.