iPhone Attempting Data Recovery Screen After iOS 17/16/15 Update? Fixed Today!
After installing iOS 17/16/15/14 beta, iPhone 12/SE2 stuck on Attempting Data Recovery with a white screen after the first Apple logo with a loading bar. The same issue in iOS 17/16/15/14 beta 2/3/4."
-- From Reddit
Many iPhone and iPad users tried to update their devices to the latest software. However, some of them encountered iPhone attempting data recovery. More unlucky thing is, few of them failed to get this process completed and lost part or all of the data on iPhone. If such a situation happens, you can follow this post to discover the fixes immediately.
- Part 1: Why iPhone Attempting Data Recovery Loop?
- Part 2: How to Fix iPhone Attempting Data Recovery
- Part 3: How to Recover Data If "iPhone Attempting Data Recovery" Failed
Part 1: Why iPhone Attempting Data Recovery Loop?
Why my iPhone says attempting data recovery all the time? You might wonder why would this happen after iOS 17/16/15/14/13/12/11 update. There're some reasons for you to figure it out. This message usually appears when you update the iOS to latest version. So, if could, you can choose to update wirelessly. If you can't bypass "iPhone Attempting Data Recovery" screen, maybe, you can get it fixed following methods below.
Part 2: How to Fix iPhone Attempting Data Recovery
Here, we recommend you 3 methods to get this "iPhone attempting data recovery after update".
1. Force Reboot iPhone
If your iPhone stuck on "attempting data recovery" after software update, you can force restart it to get this issue fixed.
On iPhone 12/SE 2/11/XS/X/8/8 Plus:
- Quickly press and release the volume up button;
- quickly press and release the volume down button;
- press and hold the Power button (on the other side) until you see the Apple logo.
On iPhone 7/7 Plus:
- Press the power button and volume down button at the same time;
- Keep holding the side buttons until the Apple logo appears
On iPhone 6s and earlier devices:
- Hold down the Home button and Power button at the same time;
Keep holding the both buttons until the Apple log appears.
2. Try to Put Your iPhone into Recovery Mode Manually
If you still can't fix "iPhone update attempting data recovery" issue, then try to put your iPhone into recovery mode. Firstly, make sure you've downloaded the latest iTunes. Now, take a look at steps below:
- Close iTunes and connect your iPhone to computer.
- While your device is connected, force restart it with these steps, and hold the buttons when you see the Apple logo.
- And then launch iTunes and a pop-up message sayging your iPhone needs to be updated or restored.
- Just hit "Update" or "Restore".
2. Fix iPhone stuck on "Attempting data recovery" screen with ReiBoot
However, if the problem still exits after rebooting your device, you can try an easy tool called Tenorshare ReiBoot. This program is able to fix a lot of iPhone stuck screen issues by repairing the operating system. Download the software on your computer and follow the guide below to start the troubleshooting process.
Run the program and connect iPhone to computer. Click "Fix All iOS Stuck" from the interface when the device is detected.
Click "Fix Now" and follow the instructions on the software to download firmware package.
When the firmware is downloaded successfully, click "Start Repair" to repairing iPhone system. When the repairing process is completed, you device will boot as normal.
Part 3: How to Recover Data If Attempting Data Recovery Failed
If the attempting data recovery process failed, you might lose all the files. If you have created backups in iTunes or iCloud, you can restore the earlier backups to iPhone. However, we all know that backup restoring will erase all the current data on iPhone or iPad. That's why you should try Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery, a professional iOS data recovering tool allowing you to selectively retrieve lost files from iPhone or backup files.
Download and run the software on your PC or Mac, connect iPhone to computer and select the files types to scan.
Click "Start Scan" to start the scanning process.
After a few minutes, all the data on your iPhone will be listed out, including the existed and lost files.
Now you can tick the items you want and click "Recover" button from the right bottom corner to save them to computer or device.
Alternatively, you can also use this tool to optionally extract files from iTunes and iCloud backups. Check this guide to see how to proceed.
After reading this post, you must know how to fix "attempting data recovery" on iPhone 12/SE 2/11/XS/XR/X/8 (Plus)/7 (Plus)/SE/6s (Plus)/6 (Plus)/5S after iOS 17/16/15/14 or iOS 17/16/15/14 beta update. If you have more questions about the software or this post, please leave a message below.