Top 8 Ways to Fix iPhone White Screen [2024 New Guide]
If you are one of the users that are complaining about iPhone white screen, then your hunt is over. Many Apple users nowadays complain about their iPhone abruptly turning into a lamp and showing nothing but white screen. Let us have a look at possible reasons behind iPhone stuck on white screen, including iPhone 13/14 or earlier, and figure out how to fix it.
Part 1: What Causes iPhone Stuck on White Screen?
Usually, there are two main reasons for iPhone white screen of death: software problem and hardware problem. Let us see in detail as to what causes iPhone white screen.
- Software Problem: Most of the time, users encounter the "iPhone blank white screen" issue due to software problems, such as updating apps or the latest version of iOS 17/16.
- Hardware Problem: A loose connection or a broken component can cause the white screen on your device turning into a table lamp. For example, iPhone white screen after water damage.
Part 2: How to Fix iPhone White Screen of Death
As you are now aware that software and hardware issues cause iPhone white screen of death, let us have a glance at the possible solutions to iPhone with white screen and lines issue.
- Solution 1: Three Finger Tap
- Solution 2: Hard Reset iPhone
- Solution 3: Try Power, Home, and Volume Up Button
- Solution 4: Turn Off Auto Brightness
Solution 1: Three Finger Tap
Chances are very low for this solution to work for you. This will only work if you have accidentally zoomed in your screen on something white, which makes it look like white screen of death. If so, then you can zoom out and use your handset as normal.
All you have to do is bring the magnification back to normal by switching it off. You can do this by heading to Settings > Accessibility > Zoom > Off.
Solution 2: Hard Reset iPhone
Hard resetting iPhone is nothing but force restarting iPhone. And you are well aware what magic a restart can do if you need to solve any issue. There is no harm in trying to hard reset your iPhone. Follow these steps to hard reset your iPhone.
- For devices earlier than iPhone 7, long hold the Sleep button and the Home button till handset restarts and Apple logo appears.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus, long hold the Sleep button and the Volume Down key till handset restarts and Apple logo appears.
- For iPhone 13/12/11/X/Xs/Xr/8/8 Plus, quickly press and release volume up and volume down button. Now long hold the Sleep button till handset restarts and Apple logo appears.
Solution 3: Try Power, Home, and Volume Up Button
If you are using iPhone 6s and earlier, and the above method does not have any effect, then you can try the combination of Power, Home, and Volume up button. Follow these steps:
- Press all the three buttons (Power, Home and Volume up) at the same time.
- Hold these buttons for at least 5–10 seconds until the apple logo appears.
Solution 4: Turn Off Auto Brightness
This can sometime come handy. Auto brightness adjusts the brightness of your device according to the lighting condition around you. Sometimes it might go wrong and end up with white screen.
You can go to Settings > Accessibility > Display and Text Size and then toggle off the option for Auto Brightness.
Solution 5: Use Recovery Mode
Recovery Mode also plays an important role in fix iPhone stuck on white screen that are related to software problems. Using Recovery Mode assists you on how to fix iPhone white screen of death. You could choose Tenorshare ReiBoot to enter recovery mode or exit recovery mode FREE. Steps on how to enter and exit recovery mode with different iPhone models.
Solution 6: Fix iPhone White Screen without Data Loss
If you unluckily failed to fix the problem with the above methods, you can try an easy tool Tenorshare ReiBoot to fix this issue without data loss. Using it is similar to using a joker in card. This tool provides solution to all types of problems related to iPhone/iPad/iPod touch. With several simple clicks, it empowers you to repair various iOS problems including white screen of death, black screen, screen flash in blue, apple logo , etc. Here are the steps to use the software.
Install and run the Tenorshare ReiBoot tool on your computer. Now, connect your device to the computer using a USB cable. Click on "Start."
Tap on "Standard Repair" option and then download the required firmware package online for your device. The downloading process will begin once you click on Download.
Tap on "Start Standard Repair" as soon as the download is completed. After a few minutes, your iPhone will restart and the issue will be solved. Also your device will show the latest version of iOS.
Solution 7: Remove iPhone Battery
If you are stuck with your iPhone showing white screen, sometimes you will require to remove the battery of your iPhone. If you are not aware of how to remove the battery, do not try. Straight away head to Apple Care Center!
Solution 8: Restore iPhone via DFU Mode
Using DFU mode can also come handy while fixing iPhone white screen. Even though DFU Mode and Recovery Mode seem to appear similar, they are completely different. Here are the steps for iPhone 7 to enter DFU mode.
- Press Home and Power button at the same time for almost 10 seconds. Keep holding both the keys till the screen turns black. Release the Power button and keep holding the Home button for 10 more seconds. This will place your iPhone in DFU mode.
- Now, hold Home and Power button together for 5 seconds. Release the Home button and continue to hold the Power button until the Apple logo comes into view removing your device out of DFU mode.
Learn more about: How other iPhone models enter and exit DFU mode
Long story short, you just went through the top 8 possible solutions that will tell you how to fix iPhone white screen or iPhone stuck on white screen on iPhone 13/14, we especially recommend Tenorshare ReiBoot to help you quick fix the issue. Do not forget to share your feedback by commenting below. Also share with us different solutions, if you have any.