How to Fix iPhone X Bricked with Black Screen on iOS 11
“Just got my iPhone X yesterday. I wanted to update it to iOS 11.1, when it was about to finish the update, the restore screen showed up. I have then tried restoring through iTunes. It gets stuck when it's trying to update the iPhone's firmware.”
We heard from some users that their iPhone X bricked after update to iOS 11, or even worse, iPhone randomly shuts off and won't turn back on, showing a black screen without figuring out why. If bothered by the same trouble, you can take below ways to fix bricked iPhone X screen freezing and black issue. But let's take a look at the reasons behind this issue before starting the troubleshooting process.
- Part 1: Why iPhone X Black Screen and Unresponsive
- Part 2: How to Fix Bricked iPhone X with Black Screen
As we've mentioned above, many users encountered this problem after iOS 11 software update. Thus, it is apparently the software is one of the real reasons. Apple releases new updates to fix bug and improve the performance of iPhone, but sometimes also brings new glitches.
Furthermore, insufficient iPhone storage may also be a problem. Though iPhone X's storage space is much bigger than the former brands, but some users will also encounter storage lack issue after importing too many videos and large files.
Other reasons like malware attack, hardware problem can also lead to iPhone X bricked with black screen. Fixing this issue is not that hard, just try the following easy methods.
Way 1: Fix Unresponsive Screen on iPhone without Data Loss
When it comes to iPhone brick or stuck issues, we always recommend you to Try Tenorshare ReiBoot. This professional iOS system repairing tool can easily unbrick any frozen or unresponsive iPhone or iPad without losing any data. Besides, it will automatically upgrade iPhone to the latest iOS version after repairing, no need to worry about update stuck issues.
- Free download this tool on your PC or Mac and launch it. Connect your iOS device to computer and click "Fix All iOS Stuck" once it is detected.
- Find "Fix Now" and then download on Tenorshare ReiBoot and acquire the newest iOS firmware online.
- 2. When the IPSW files is ready, click Start Repair to process. After the repairing process finishes, your iPhone X will automatically reboot without having problems like iPhone X stuck on black screen, etc.
Way 2: Hard Reset iPhone to Fix Screen Freeze
Hard reset iPhone X can fix some minor problems. This method is an easy and free way to go when iPhone screen is black, but not always works for some server situations. You can try to force restart iPhone X with the following steps:
- Press and release the volume up button.
- Press and release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until the screen turns off and then turns back on. You can release the side button when the Apple logo appears.
Way 3: Unbrick iPhone X with iTunes
If you don’t mind losing all data, you can also try iTunes to fix the iPhone X random bricked issue. Simply connect your device with iTunes, and in normal cases you can go to Summary > Restore.
While in this case, most of users replied that iTunes failed to recognize when iPhone X screen blackout and not responding. You then should put the device into Recovery Mode first. A prompt will pop up asking whether to Update or Restore. Click Restore and follow the directions.
Note: You may get an unknown iTunes error during restoring, like error 7, error -1, error 3, please refer to common iTunes errors and fixes for more help or use Tenorshare ReiBoot instead.
At last, if none of the solutions here works to fix iPhone X no response and showing black screen, it’s mostly likely related with hardware problem. Contact Apple Repair Center to ask for a repair service.